Page 537 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 3743748752753353453553653753853954054154758763710371537 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 36796
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    A great group of people with very different personalities. One of my buddies tried to do a female voice the other day and it was rather disturbing lol. We all have a good time with plenty of laughs. A play a barbarian gnome and the interaction with a very tall Dragonborn character is always hilarious.
    Good stuff! Sounds like you do have a great group. And it's an amusing image you paint of your gnome and the other dude's character.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Good stuff! Sounds like you do have a great group. And it's an amusing image you paint of your gnome and the other dude's character.
    My gnome’s philosophy is no one is taller than the last man standing.

New Kengan chapter is out and Nitoku gets more and more awesome. Also what a oh crap ending.

Extraordinary Member

Reading Kimetsu no Yaiba. So far, so good -- interesting, writing is good, it avoids a lot of the tropes I don't like (and even lampoons some of them), is serious but not grim, and people look normal and dress normally. I mean, there are some weird characters, but nobody is heavily sexualized.

Edit: urrgh, spoke too soon on that last, but it took ~75 chapters before I hit something annoying.
    Been a while since I read through the series, who is the overly sexualized one?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Been a while since I read through the series, who is the overly sexualized one?
    I've hit a point where there's a guy with ninja wives and the fighting takes place in a Red Light district. The villainess' clothing in that arc is somewhat...yeah. And the 'ninja' are dressed in somewhat abnormally revealing clothing.

It's not outlandishly egregious or anything, it just came as a surprise due the first 75 chapters not having anything of the sort, with everyone dressed in stylized period clothing and the like.

Anyway, there's a little more of that kind of thing through the second half of the series. Almost like some editor came to the artist and said 'Your story is doing well, but we demand more women in revealing clothes!' and the artist kind of shrugged and paid lip service to the request without adding too much at all. Compared to the first half of the series, it's THERE, but compared to 90% of manga out there, it's pretty tame/almost non-existent. Still annoying to me, though, given how the first half of the series went.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I like when people try to apply real world science to things that don't operate under ... that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I've hit a point where there's a guy with ninja wives and the fighting takes place in a Red Light district. The villainess' clothing in that arc is somewhat...yeah. And the 'ninja' are dressed in somewhat abnormally revealing clothing.

It's not outlandishly egregious or anything, it just came as a surprise due the first 75 chapters not having anything of the sort, with everyone dressed in stylized period clothing and the like.

Anyway, there's a little more of that kind of thing through the second half of the series. Almost like some editor came to the artist and said 'Your story is doing well, but we demand more women in revealing clothes!' and the artist kind of shrugged and paid lip service to the request without adding too much at all. Compared to the first half of the series, it's THERE, but compared to 90% of manga out there, it's pretty tame/almost non-existent. Still annoying to me, though, given how the first half of the series went.
    I'll echo Jcog, the arc you're in didn't really make a blip on my problematic radar. Mostly because the action in that arc is super good. However, there's a character who shows up in... I think next arc who made me go "oh come on,"

Kimetsu no Yaiba is really good though it's not without some issues. Glad you're enjoying it though! ^_^

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

while i should hate legosi's mom for acting like she did...........i honestly don't. i totally understand the reasons why she did what she did.

new one piece out.

queen gets his **** pushed in.

big mom is............surprisingly kind after losing her memory.

and now luffy has to master a new haki technique while dealing with a pissed off big mom.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    while i should hate legosi's mom for acting like she did...........i honestly don't. i totally understand the reasons why she did what she did.
    I didn't feel like we were meant to hate her?

Legosi has always had complex feelings about his mother and his parentage. This felt like an extension and exploitation of that aspect of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I didn't feel like we were meant to hate her?

Legosi has always had complex feelings about his mother and his parentage. This felt like an extension and exploitation of that aspect of the series.
    not saying she was meant to be hated. just some of her actions could make people hate her. i was ready to throw her under the bus but after reading the chapter, i can totally get why she was the way she was. hybrids have in rough in that world.

BANNED

I have mixed feelings about the new Evangelion dub on Netflix. On the one hand as wierd as it is not hering Spike Spencer and Tiffany Grant, the new voice actors do a much better job of sounding like kids and the rest of the new VA's do a good enough job. But on the other hand I feel alot of the translation choices while technically closer to the original don't quite work aswell as the origional dub.

Extraordinary Member

Welp, watched the first episode of the new NGE dub and...I'm not impressed. Especially since Netflix couldn't even afford to buy the rights to Fly Me to The Moon.

So yeah, I'm sticking with the original ADV/Manga Entertainment DVDs.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!