Page 217 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 1171672072132142152162172182192202212272673177171217 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 36572
    BANNED

I can't really begrudge Rebuild 3.0 for not giving us what we want. Because that's allways been kind of the point with Eva to a degree. But I would be lying if I said I wanted to see the next one and whatever interest I had left after the film, was destroyed by the huge amount of time between 3.0 and 4.0.

I also I'm not so sure it would be good for Anno, with how stressful production on Rebuild 3.0 apparently was for him and the fact that he's just coming off another very stressful production with Shin Godzilla. I don't want to pretend to know another man's life, but from what I understand it was a long hard road to getting his life on track and being happy and it's not worth throwing it all away, to finish Rebuild.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 12-03-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I dunno, when they did it with Akira, sure it was more polished and smoother to the ear, but I think the old voices and script lent to the grittiness of the movie. Maybe it won't be bad, but I doubt fans of the original were clamoring for it.

I have never seen a series face-plant so goddamned hard in just one entry before. Not even the original series. Truly a sight to behold.
    Fair enough. I mean it already exists, it's got nostalgia on its side - for better or worse - and really there's nothing wrong with it. Who knows what the suits are thinking.

I did (not) like how the narrative thrust of 3.0 hinged on how unwilling everybody was to answer Shinji's questions. I mean, yes, he did kind of destroy the world in an act of stubborn wilfullness - that Misato herself was cheering him on for at the time - but he was in suspended animation during that and it really kept the viewer out of the loop.

...ooh, but Asuka has a new hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Eh, we're still getting Rebuild 4.0 in 2020 and I do want to witness an ending that hopefully doesn't involve Shinji getting completely screwed over. As for the new dub, as long as it still casts Spike Spencer, Tiffany Grant, Brina Palencia, and Allison Keith in their respective roles, I'm for it. If not, **** it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

damn. now i can see why they loved jousuke.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Since the topic came up, I've posted my thoughts in Rpol.
    Aaaaand...I've answered, over there. It's good to see you again.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

playing armello again.

murdering anthropomorphic animals with a giant duel ax-wielding beserker murder wolf makes my day.

Arrow.

spoilers:

Oliver is back in the suit and kicking a$$ once again! And now he's working with the GCPD in suit just with the mask down. We get some nightclub owning guy from like back in Season 1. He wasn't that memorable. Oliver and Tommy and Laurel fougth him and some bodyguards. Nothing important.
    New female GA is revealed to be a Queen. Possibly Emiko Queen. Robert got around.
    Felicity is still Felicity.
    At the end of the episode, after all the freaking trouble they had to go through to defeat Diaz and get him locked up in the frist place, we get to see Diggle and Lyla running to Diaz and asking him for help for something we don't know about yet. Diggle is a moron. See Arrow Seasons 3-4 for how poorly this is going to go for everyone.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Eh, we're still getting Rebuild 4.0 in 2020 and I do want to witness an ending that hopefully doesn't involve Shinji getting completely screwed over. As for the new dub, as long as it still casts Spike Spencer, Tiffany Grant, Brina Palencia, and Allison Keith in their respective roles, I'm for it. If not, **** it.
    Rumor is the entire cast is being replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I can't really begrudge Rebuild 3.0 for not giving us what we want. Because that's allways been kind of the point with Eva to a degree. But I would be lying if I said I wanted to see the next one and whatever interest I had left after the film, was destroyed by the huge amount of time between 3.0 and 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Fair enough. I mean it already exists, it's got nostalgia on its side - for better or worse - and really there's nothing wrong with it. Who knows what the suits are thinking.

I did (not) like how the narrative thrust of 3.0 hinged on how unwilling everybody was to answer Shinji's questions. I mean, yes, he did kind of destroy the world in an act of stubborn wilfullness - that Misato herself was cheering him on for at the time - but he was in suspended animation during that and it really kept the viewer out of the loop.

...ooh, but Asuka has a new hat!
    I didn't particularly want anything specific, but a movie that didn't go out of its way to feel like a total waste of time would have been nice.

If movie 4 doesn't retcon that sequence to be some Angel-induced nightmare fuckery, I'm not sure how they'll manage to parse it in a way that'll redeem the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Rumor is the entire cast is being replaced.
    Then **** it. I loved the original dub cast for Evangelion.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The final issue of Ninja-K is out tomorrow. This saddens me as this run has been nothing short of awesome.

With that being said I wonder what Valiant has planned for next year. I believe that I saw a Rai teaser not too long ago.

Extraordinary Member

There we go.

I've bought tickets to fly from Stockholm to London on Sunday so that I can see one of the limited screenings of My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, and then I'm flying home on the same day.

I feel like both the best and worst kind of adult. Oh well, finally gonna see this movie and it's going to be so much fun.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    There we go.

I've bought tickets to fly from Stockholm to London on Sunday so that I can see one of the limited screenings of My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, and then I'm flying home on the same day.

I feel like both the best and worst kind of adult. Oh well, finally gonna see this movie and it's going to be so much fun.
    If it's something you want, and you're willing to give up other things for it, why not?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    There we go.

Nice let me know how it is. I sadly missed my chance to go see it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If it's something you want, and you're willing to give up other things for it, why not?
    Good point.

Gonna be so much fun.

Extraordinary Member