The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    That's about were I came down on it.

Final Arc notwithstanding, I would definitely still recommend the series to people. Art is great, characters are fun, plot is [mostly] very strongly put together.
    Agreed!

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Going back to manga I dropped, I finally went ahead and finished Shonan Seven.

...I'm sorta on the meh side on the whole thing though the ending, which the final arc felt rushed, did at least tie up loose ends and didn't feel half assed. But yeah, it didn't quite grab at me for a manga about delinquents especially for a spinoff of Shonan Junai Gumi (a series that ultimately has the sequel Great Teacher Onizuka. But really, other than the settings and high school, there isn't much to make that connection. Not even a cameo). The characters are okay but nothing noteworthy, the artwork is honestly well done but not to my personal taste so mileage may vary, and the fights are sorta ridiculous which I guess is sorta the charm of it all? While Fujisawa did write it if correct, makes me wonder why he didn't do the art this time around though his sense of humor and drama that anyone is familiar with his works does kinda show at times. Maybe the fact the whole premise being a 7 vs 7 team tournament really wore thin once it just kept going and the main protagonist Ikki just wasn't grabbing my attention since he's kinda generic like...80 percent of the time?

My personal thoughts.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

throwing my hat with the Gosu camp. the final big battle was dragging too much for me but the ending after that battle made up for it.

i'm done. later.
    Last edited by master of read; 07-27-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Famous last words.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Famous last words.
    You can do such fun things with the bosses in this game. Best being when you make Rhino take out the Scorpion.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

decided to give my aritst some work.

gonna have them create pics of the children of various smashers for a fanfic i'm working on. already did sonia, daughter of sonic and zelda. now they will be doing illiadros, son of palutena and gannondorf.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

i love adam's vids. not only does he make good dishes but he posts vids about the nature of the food we eat. when, how, and why we eat what we eat.
    Well, that's appalling. I mean, I didn't watch the entire video because it's disturbing as crap (and I don't need to know more about animal agriculture and its various cruelties, I'm fully aware of them already), but ugh.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Last edited by master of read; 07-27-2021 at 07:15 AM.

watch the rest. didn't know much about the harvesting of crab claws or that it was even a thing. especially the studies about how long crabs that have had their claws harvested can reasonably last in the wild.
    I saw enough to see the studies that showed the percentages that it reduced lifespan/increased mortality. That's enough for me, especially when coupled with the whole causing unnecessary pain and suffering. <- But then, the latter is common to any form of animal agriculture other than actual 'subsistence hunting'.

So I'll pass on watching the rest - it's not like it's going to change any of the above.
    Why are we here?

i'm done. later.
    You okay, man?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I saw enough to see the studies that showed the percentages that it reduced lifespan/increased mortality. That's enough for me, especially when coupled with the whole causing unnecessary pain and suffering. <- But then, the latter is common to any form of animal agriculture other than actual 'subsistence hunting'.

So I'll pass on watching the rest - it's not like it's going to change any of the above.
    I saw someone mention subsistence hunting. Talkin' about me again, ain't cha?!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan