Page 530 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 3043048052052652752852953053153253353454058063010301530 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 36576

Black Clover: Looks like things are about to get crazier. Also, I hope Tabata gets well soon.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    While I would agree with that sentiment in turms of quality of the season, I would say it's on it's way out in terms of popularity.
    What do you base that on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover: Looks like things are about to get crazier. Also, I hope Tabata gets well soon.
    I'd say it looks like we're about to wrap up this fight. I wonder if they'll be able to reseal mr. Devil-dude or if he'll be able to escape and lick his wounds.

My Hero Academia: spoilers:
    Huh, Re-Destro's quirk is a potent power up type. I'm thinking he and Gigantomachia will have a fun kaiju-esque battle.

And Shigaraki's idea of rescuing somebody from being held hostage in a tower is to bring down the entire tower. Shigaraki would not be a good hero.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The only people you see talking about RWBY these days are a bunch on kneckbeard youtubers who hate on it and a cringey subreddit who white knight it.

Even Rooster Teeth don't really give a crap about it anymore.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 06-14-2019 at 05:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The only people you see talking about RWBY these days are a bunch on kneckbeard youtubers who hate on it and a cringey subreddit who white knight it.
    I never see these youtube people you speak of. I mainly see positive and happy stuff on tumblr and deviantart and the like. But to be honest, neither of those are good indicators' of a shows popularity.

Look at all the merch they're still pumping out for it. They've got games, manga, figurines, DVDs and tons of clothes based around the series. There's a serious demand for stuff from the series, and that alone shows that it's doing fine, at least way better than a bunch of whiney youtubers would have you believe.

There's never been any talk about the show stopping. Only times when it's clearly needed some improvement, and the latest season gave us just that.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

How does one white knight a fictional series?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the term, I thought that was only something that man could do another person (usually women).

Even Rooster Teeth don't really give a crap about it anymore.
    According to whom? The writers? VA staff? Animators? Have they said anything to imply that their interest in the series is degrading? Or this is just more fan speculation. Because having followed them of Twitter and the like, that's not what's going on. You seem to be basing your opinion and general impressions solely on what Youtubers and Redditors spout within their echo chambers, disregarding the fact that RWBY is shown to be marketable enough that it is still being sold in several mediums. So obviously, positive reception to the series outweighs its negative response. Hell, those same group of people on Youtube talk about how SAO is the worst anime ever created yet it's still immensely popular over in the West and Japan, and still producing novels, multiple games, a movie, manga adaptations and spin-offs, anime, etc, all of which are apparently good enough to be localized in the US without exception.

Just saying that they clearly don't represent the majority of the fandom.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 06-14-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

I'd say it looks like we're about to wrap up this fight. I wonder if they'll be able to reseal mr. Devil-dude or if he'll be able to escape and lick his wounds.
    I'm hoping for the latter since it's been mentioned more than once that his manifestation in this world is incomplete, so I'm hoping to see his full strength later in the manga. Plus, I don't know how the mangaka is going to top him as far as OP villains go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    How does one white knight a fictional series?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the term, I thought that was only something that man could do another person (usually women).
    Is Waifu White Knighting a thing ? Only other thing I could think of is if they consider the show itself to be a lady. Which is its own thing I suppose.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Is Waifu White Knighting a thing ? Only other thing I could think of is if they consider the show itself to be a lady. Which is its own thing I suppose.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding the term, you can't really white knight a fictional character. The whole purpose of the term is to defend a woman's honour, usually without them asking for it, and then turning around and claiming they owe you attention (usually sexual) for doing so.

I don't see how you can do that with a fictional character because they have no attention to demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding the term, you can't really white knight a fictional character. The whole purpose of the term is to defend a woman's honour, usually without them asking for it, and then turning around and claiming they owe you attention (usually sexual) for doing so.

I don't see how you can do that with a fictional character because they have no attention to demand.
    Nik, people on the internet generally use the term "white knight" as a negative connotation to undermine people trying to defend a person or just something they enjoy. They don't care about the actual definition or its context. Just like how some ignorant jackasses still use the term "gay" to describe something they find idiotic or distasteful.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 06-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Nik, people on the internet generally use the term "white knight" as a negative connotation to undermine people trying to defend a person or just something they enjoy. They don't care about the actual definition or its context. Just like how some ignorant jackasses still use the term "gay" to describe something they find idiotic or distasteful.
    That's such a SJW thing to do j/k

To clarify, I consider people who use SJW as an insult to raise a BIG red flag against taking them seriously.

I just find it easier not to even know these bullshit internet terms in the first place.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

now you all will know what we will have known for 60+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I just find it easier not to even know these bullshit internet terms in the first place.
    Preaching to the choir.