Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Oh wow, Dog was not kidding on how they seriously lowballed Alucard's feats and exaggerated Dio's to the point of absurdity. I almost wish they used the non-canon material because that would justify some of their reasoning here, but this is just asinine and unprofessional.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Oh wow, Dog was not kidding on how they seriously lowballed Alucard's feats and exaggerated Dio's to the point of absurdity. I almost wish they used the non-canon material because that would justify some of their reasoning here, but this is just asinine and unprofessional.
    Their calculations (scaling) make absolutely no sense. Because if Dio is multiple times lightspeed, then not only is Jonathan MTLS, the Pillar Men are even faster since they're far superior to humans turned to vampires by the stone mask. And thus Kars, as the Ultimate Life Form, would be even faster than a normal Pillar Man. And since Joseph was able to intercept Kar's attack with the Red Stone of Aja, that means that Joseph is equal in speed to Kars.

Which means EVERYONE in JoJo is at the very least Lightspeed. Smokey Brown, Holly Joestar, that one member of the Speedwagon foundation who got his head torn off by Geb.
    Last edited by The Dog; 10-25-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

They high balled Dio, for sure. Not sure where they lowballed Al tho.

And they did explain why Alucard wouldn't have Schroedinger

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Their calculations (scaling) make absolutely no sense. Because if Dio is multiple times lightspeed, then not only is Jonathan MTLS, the Pillar Men are even faster since they're far superior to humans turned to vampires by the stone mask. And thus Kars, as the Ultimate Life Form, would be even faster than a normal Pillar Man. And since Joseph was able to intercept Kar's attack with the Red Stone of Aja, that means that Joseph is equal in speed to Kars.

Which means EVERYONE in JoJo is at the very least Lightspeed. Smokey Brown, Holly Joestar, that one member of the Speedwagon foundation who got his head torn off by Geb.
    I haven't watched the video yet, but playing devil's advocate, it sounds like the Death Battle analysts took Araki's and the characters' statements at face value regarding The World, and to a lesser extent Star Platinum and Silver Chariot, in that "the Stands can move at light speed."

If they're using these statements for Phantom Blood Dio that's just disingenuous. But then again, not like anyone watches Death Battle for proper analysis anyways when there's neat sprite battles at the end.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I haven't watched the video yet, but playing devil's advocate, it sounds like the Death Battle analysts took Araki's and the characters' statements at face value regarding The World, and to a lesser extent Star Platinum and Silver Chariot, in that "the Stands can move at light speed."

If they're using these statements for Phantom Blood Dio that's just disingenuous. But then again, not like anyone watches Death Battle for proper analysis anyways when there's neat sprite battles at the end.
    It's part three Dio, but he still uses his Vampire powers.

To be fair, most versus battle standards don't really hold up to the actual stories that get told.

You put The Flash in a rumble against any of the rogues, and they wouldn't stand a chance, despite regularly doing so in the comics

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    They high balled Dio, for sure. Not sure where they lowballed Al tho.

And they did explain why Alucard wouldn't have Schroedinger
    Which is bullshit. Just because Alucard has Schrodinger doesn't mean he loses all his other vampire powers, like mind control, levitation, telekinesis strong enough to move a battleship fast enough it moves from the middle of the ocean to England in about a day, weather control, etc. It just means he doesn't have the millions of souls he regenerates with, and he wouldn't need it. Maybe that also loses his hellhound power, but that's a small loss all things considered.

Or are they claiming that it's stated that without the resevour of souls, he isn't a vampire any longer and is now human? What about all the other vampires in the series who don't have soul wells, are they humans too?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Which is bullshit. Just because Alucard has Schrodinger doesn't mean he loses all his other vampire powers, like mind control, levitation, telekinesis strong enough to move a battleship fast enough it moves from the middle of the ocean to England in about a day, weather control, etc. It just means he doesn't have the millions of souls he regenerates with, and he wouldn't need it. Maybe that also loses his hellhound power, but that's a small loss all things considered.

Or are they claiming that it's stated that without the resevour of souls, he isn't a vampire any longer and is now human? What about all the other vampires in the series who don't have soul wells, are they humans too?
    They're saying "Alucard can either have Schroedinger's powers, or he can have his soul well. He can't have both, because they're mutually exclusive"

We also don't really know how many of Alucard's powers are natural vamp powers and how many are things he gained from absorbing souls. So they're left with two options

They can give Alucard a powerset that they have very little concrete information on, or they can give him the powerset he used throughout the whole series.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...This was a pleasant surprise, I gotta admit.

I'm hyped based on the last trailer but might dodge this one. Don't want to see too much of it the way movies do these days
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

LOL, this reminds me of how everyone in Super Mario Bros. is high-end bullet time at all times, because of Bullet Bills. :V

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    LOL, this reminds me of how everyone in Super Mario Bros. is high-end bullet time at all times, because of Bullet Bills. :V
    Now I'm obliged to answer with this:

Batman: "It's cool, Selina, we'll just blame that on Clark too."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Damn, strong universe
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie