Page 451 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 3514014414474484494504514524534544554615015519511451 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 36769

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Siriel, could you respond to me on Anima please?
    It's done. I'm sorry I pretty much blanked during the week.

While I'm here; catching up to the others tomorrow. I really don't know what's happening to my sense of time.
    Last edited by Siriel; 04-22-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

While I'm here; catching up to the others tomorrow. I really don't know what's happening to my sense of time.
    I blame Kronika!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

It's Easter, I'm behind as well.

Should be catching up tonight, or maybe tomorrow.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

They’ve been pretty much a haven for spambots and an absence of updates for a while now anyway, but it looks like the Anima forums have gone ****-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They’ve been pretty much a haven for spambots and an absence of updates for a while now anyway, but it looks like the Anima forums have gone ****-up.
    That's sad. I've not been there for a while, due to work being more successful at blocking some websites (haha). But I checked in from home from time to time, and noted that yeah, spambots and that's all.

But then, the writer basically left the game behind to focus on video games that didn't actually do so well (I've tried Gate of Memories; while it's okay, it's nothing special and isn't going to appeal to anyone who isn't an actual Anima fan...I haven't tried the second game in that series, but I expect it's similar). And now, there isn't even that any more.

Plus, the writer was basically planning on re-doing the entire rule system into a D10 system (probably based on Tactics), which...didn't go over so hot from people who had been using the system for years, enjoyed it, and had all of the books based on that system.

It saddens me that we're never going to get books about the Gods, the Hells (<-- this one I really wanted), and the Powers in the Shadows, but the main books are there. And I have garnered a bucketload of information from the forums, most of which has been written down/cut and pasted.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Well, speaking as someone whose French isn’t adequate* to use the released version of Gaia II, and who also doesn’t have a functional version of Core Exxet to somehow correlate the Core Book magic spells with the Exxet magic spells which use a completely different system, I don’t find I have that degree of completeness (by which I mean to address the comment that the main books are there).

*Unless Elisabetta Barbados wants directions to the swimming pool, or Matthew Gaul needs someone to translate his order at the boulangerie.

Well, speaking as someone whose French isn’t adequate* to use the released version of Gaia II, and who also doesn’t have a functional version of Core Exxet to somehow correlate the Core Book magic spells with the Exxet magic spells which use a completely different system, I don’t find I have that degree of completeness (by which I mean to address the comment that the main books are there).

*Unless Elisabetta Barbados wants directions to the swimming pool, or Matthew Gaul needs someone to translate his order at the boulangerie.

I have a complete listing of spells -- by path, subpath, and Free Access -- in a word document that basically gives you all of the Core Exxet versions. I use it for my own games, as I feel the Core Exxet method is superior.

I can provide you with this file on request via email. ^_^

Gaia II...I can't help with that at the moment. Which is problematic; as you know, while there's MORE than enough in Gaia to keep any game going forever, Gaia II really adds a lot to the world (even for some of the stuff covered in Gaia).
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Gloriousness.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

yeah my hype's been increasing with each trailer and this might be my most anticipated movie of the year now, especially now that I have an imax theater to go to now

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

I have a complete listing of spells -- by path, subpath, and Free Access -- in a word document that basically gives you all of the Core Exxet versions. I use it for my own games, as I feel the Core Exxet method is superior.

I can provide you with this file on request via email. ^_^
    That would be a yes, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Gaia II...I can't help with that at the moment. Which is problematic; as you know, while there's MORE than enough in Gaia to keep any game going forever, Gaia II really adds a lot to the world (even for some of the stuff covered in Gaia).
    Exactly. And Carlos has always had this thing about peeling back the lore curtain a little further with each successive book. And as a completist nerd, I really want the lot.

That would be a yes, please!
    Send me a home email to remind me, and I'll fire it your way.

Exactly. And Carlos has always had this thing about peeling back the lore curtain a little further with each successive book.
    Which is the main reason why I wanted The Powers In The Shadows. NOT because I'm interested in seeing stats for Imperium's Evangelion-mecha, but because I want to know their full history, the histories of the Technocracy and the Iluminati (moreso than Imperium, thank you), and what, exactly, were the plans of Rah and El-hazzared (we KNOW Rah's plan, actually, but I'd like to know El-hazzared's). Also, El-hazzared's full history (I mean, AFTER she woke; we kind of know what she IS, but not what she did throughout history save for some occasional notations). Also Millennium. And Nemesis/Lazarus/Keith. And more.

Really, there's a lot, and apparently the book would cover that kind of thing.

But the Hells? Two full worlds, with tons of information on each, the races, and their corresponding Powers in the Shadows. The Interreigns in Gaia II were interesting enough to make me sit up and take notice; the idea of more actual worlds, gah, sign me up.

The Gods and the Wake wasn't something that really interested me, but okay.

And as a completist nerd, I really want the lot.
    There's that as well.

I'm 48, now. I'm thinking if they actually keep coming out (they won't) at this rate, I'll be retiring by the time we get a couple more. :P Also, they planned to do another Those Who Walk Past My Cat, which would go lowest on my list, but still interest.
    Why are we here?

Booyah.

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

17 Titans? One of them better be my boy Anguirus goddammit! He DESERVES to be in the Monsterverse being badass!

But other than that, this is HYPE! Remember seeing the first one in 2014 with my stepdad (one of the last things we went out and did together before his health took a real turn for the worse and he passed away) and he enjoyed. So yeah, Legendary Big G has a special place in my heart because of that.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    17 Titans? One of them better be my boy Anguirus goddammit! He DESERVES to be in the Monsterverse being badass!

But other than that, this is HYPE! Remember seeing the first one in 2014 with my stepdad (one of the last things we went out and did together before his health took a real turn for the worse and he passed away) and he enjoyed. So yeah, Legendary Big G has a special place in my heart because of that.
    Unfortunately, the director has stated that Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah are the only Toho Kaiju in the film