"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Definitely. The movie just has this kinda icky vibe to it. I think it's mainly the age difference and the scene where she's yelling for him to go skinny dipping with her.
    I remember a few years ago she was in a run of really bad movies. There was "Passengers" (yes, Chris Pratt is watchable in anything, and while the story would've made for an interesting thriller or sci-fi survival flick, they turned it into a really creepy romance) or that flick where she was a Russian spy (and the movie was basically 2 hours of her character being degraded and abused).

Like I said, she either needs to fire the agent who keeps booking her all these roles, or else, she's choosing the scripts and needs a good agent who can steer her around the bad ones.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    I remember a few years ago she was in a run of really bad movies. There was "Passengers" (yes, Chris Pratt is watchable in anything, and while the story would've made for an interesting thriller or sci-fi survival flick, they turned it into a really creepy romance) or that flick where she was a Russian spy (and the movie was basically 2 hours of her character being degraded and abused).

Like I said, she either needs to fire the agent who keeps booking her all these roles, or else, she's choosing the scripts and needs a good agent who can steer her around the bad ones.
    I think the spy one was Red Sparrow right? I nearly walked out of the theater on that one and that never happens to me.

Passengers was incredibly creepy. Bad Starlord! Groot would be very disappointed in you!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The idea of a Twisted Metal movie seems weird to me. Like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, at least in the games I played, there was just enough plot that you knew what your character was doing and what their special moves were, and then you just played the game until the end and there was a bit of story at the end. Like, Deep Lore was never really the point. SO like those other movie franchises, they are probably going to have to make a lot of it up to cram ALL the characters into it, and give them all backstories and plot resolution and stuff. Also I'm betting that despite it being a chaotic free-for-all in the games, it's going to break it down to "Good Guys vs. Bad Guys" like the others.

Also to show their attention to the lore in just that trailer; It's called the "Sweet Tooth trailer", and yet Sweet Tooth isn't anywhere in it.

(Sweet Tooth is the name of the Ice Cream truck, not the clown guy. He's 'Needles' Kane. Heck ALL the common names for the characters in Twisted Metal are actually the names of the vehicles.)
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

I think the spy one was Red Sparrow right? I nearly walked out of the theater on that one and that never happens to me.
    Yeah, that didn't sit well with me either, it just felt like pure exploitation.

I didn't even mention "Mother!", another movie where Jennifer Lawrence was degraded and abused by people for two hours. I mean, that was heavy in terms of theme and metaphor, but, still, it didn't make for a pleasant viewing experience.

Can we make a movie with Jennifer Lawrence having a nice time? Maybe getting some groceries, reading comfortably, going for a nice walk along a beach for a little while? Is that too much to ask?
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Speaking of whom: spoilers:
    Damn, did Yuri come close to getting merc'd in this chapter. He's lucky that Twilight's a good natured tsundere dad/husband that loves his "fake" family.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I like the possible glimpse we get of what being raised by Yor will do for Anya's endurance and constitution. Girl's gonna be a tank.
    end of spoilers

I just learned in Sonic Frontiers that I could adjust the Camera distance, bump it up to 100& to zoom it out all the way, and I like the view it gives me. Update 2 of Sonic Frontiers is excellent. You can adjust Sonic's jump deceleration and set his ground deceleration rate now. You also get the spin dash by doing these action challenges and getting an S rank ( this can be done on any difficulty. Once you get the spin dash is amazing.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Dandadan: I'm loving Okarun's new electrical abilities and the mechanics behind how it works. Evileye, as expected, remains a chaotic factor who is just as potent an ally as he is a dangerous hindrance to the heroes. Also, XenoFlash remains amazingly persistent in spite of the fact he's allegedly the glass cannon among the aliens.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Breaking the Fourth Wall is, to me, only funny when it happens really, really rarely and it's completely out of the setting...but not out of the character.

Gunnerkrieg Court just pulled that off. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Breaking the Fourth Wall is, to me, only funny when it happens really, really rarely and it's completely out of the setting...but not out of the character.

Gunnerkrieg Court just pulled that off. ^_^
    I've noticed you have been referring to the comic as "Gunnerkrieg" but the name is actually "Gunnerkrigg".

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've noticed you have been referring to the comic as "Gunnerkrieg" but the name is actually "Gunnerkrigg".
    Thank you for the correction.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Dandadan: I'm loving Okarun's new electrical abilities and the mechanics behind how it works. Evileye, as expected, remains a chaotic factor who is just as potent an ally as he is a dangerous hindrance to the heroes. Also, XenoFlash remains amazingly persistent in spite of the fact he's allegedly the glass cannon among the aliens.
    Splash panel is also awesome. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Splash panel is also awesome. ^_^
    Series continues to go ham. Love to see it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

RIP to the warlock, juilian sands.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    RIP to the warlock, juilian sands.
    Oh right. I read about it...It's quite tragic really. RIP.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.