Page 1443 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 4439431343139314331439144014411442144314441445144614471453 ... LastLast
Results 21,631 to 21,645 of 22150
  1. #21631
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,708

    Default

    SFV Dan Hibiki



    If I was playing SFV, I'd probably try him at least once. He kind of reminds me of Deadpool.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  2. #21632

    Default

    Way of the husband anime probably has the most sorry excuse for animation in anime I ever seen in my life.

  3. #21633
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Way of the husband anime probably has the most sorry excuse for animation in anime I ever seen in my life.
    They've basically just colourized and added mouth movement to panels from the excellent manga.

    I wouldn't bother with the anime; just read the manga.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  4. #21634
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    They've basically just colourized and added mouth movement to panels from the excellent manga.

    I wouldn't bother with the anime; just read the manga.
    I saw an interview with the director going around Twitter who said that both the studio execs and the author of the manga series specifically asked for it to be like that. They felt that the jokes work best in a manga format so they wanted to preserve that timing.

    It's actually kind of an interesting experiment even if it doesn't make me want to watch the series.

    Ah, CBR actually covered this point as well.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  5. #21635
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I saw an interview with the director going around Twitter who said that both the studio execs and the author of the manga series specifically asked for it to be like that. They felt that the jokes work best in a manga format so they wanted to preserve that timing.

    It's actually kind of an interesting experiment even if it doesn't make me want to watch the series.

    Ah, CBR actually covered this point as well.
    I feel that they are correct, in a way. Being someone who really loves the series, I was VERY skeptical about an anime. I didn't feel it would measure up.

    So I kind of get why they went in that direction.

    However, it leads me to just say 'Eh, don't watch the anime. Manga is still better', because it is.

    Now, I understand they're considering/working on a live-action version, and given the ad they made for the manga (using live action stuff) and how good that ad was, I can totally see it working with live action. ^_^
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  6. #21636
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I feel that they are correct, in a way. Being someone who really loves the series, I was VERY skeptical about an anime. I didn't feel it would measure up.

    So I kind of get why they went in that direction.

    However, it leads me to just say 'Eh, don't watch the anime. Manga is still better', because it is.

    Now, I understand they're considering/working on a live-action version, and given the ad they made for the manga (using live action stuff) and how good that ad was, I can totally see it working with live action. ^_^
    >_>

    <_<



    ^_^
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  7. #21637
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    >_>

    <_<



    ^_^
    As amusing as that scene was, I can't help but feel that it's slightly off from the vibes I get reading Gokushufudou.

    I mean, I can totally see Tatsu reminiscing about certain poses made after shady incidents, but it seems like the scene lacks the ominous intimidation that he usually gives off before doing wacky mundane things.

  8. #21638
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,052

    Default

    meet the new batman, same as the old batman


  9. #21639
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,979

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  10. #21640
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    For me, Nagatoro-san seems to lack a certain something compared to Uzaki-chan...

    spoilers:
    Mainly, the well-meaning / good intentions behind the provocations/teasing in the latter is missing in the former.
    end of spoilers
    This signature intentionally left blank.

  11. #21641
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    For me, Nagatoro-san seems to lack a certain something compared to Uzaki-chan...

    spoilers:
    Mainly, the well-meaning / good intentions behind the provocations/teasing in the latter is missing in the former.
    end of spoilers
    That and Senpai was actually allowed to get one over on Uzaki-chan or something else funny would happen to her, which made her easier to enjoy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  12. #21642
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    >_>

    <_<



    ^_^
    Well, that's different from the one I saw! Awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As amusing as that scene was, I can't help but feel that it's slightly off from the vibes I get reading Gokushufudou.

    I mean, I can totally see Tatsu reminiscing about certain poses made after shady incidents, but it seems like the scene lacks the ominous intimidation that he usually gives off before doing wacky mundane things.
    Absolutely, but it certainly has enough of the manga to get me to watch it. ^_^

    Better than watching the anime, which is basically a less-good, colourized manga.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers." - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman." - Pendaran

  13. #21643

  14. #21644
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,739

    Default

    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  15. #21645
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,739

    Default

    Kaiju no. 8: spoilers:
    Kafka pulls a classic Saitama, but is sadly arrested by his best friend afterwards. I foresee him getting Eren Yeager treatment, at least for awhile.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •