Watching the Dai No Daibouken anime brought back the strange feeling I've always had about the series' pacing.

When reading it it all feels fairly natural and well-paced enough but whenever I think back on the series I feel like the point the anime is currently at is the beginning of the end game, when it's actually only the 22nd out of 37 volumes of the manga.
    Last edited by Siriel; 11-15-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Alternately, the writer doesn't bother keeping feats and capabilities clear in his head, and ends up writing whatever he feels is cool for the moment. I believe there were some similar issues during the Musashi arc, where everyone was getting murderized by Musashi, but that doctor-ninja dude suddenly got a whole lot better than he had been before and made an actual fight of it.
    Ah yes, the sudden and inexplicable promotion of Motobe from "ambiguously mid-card" and/or "about the same level of Retsu but with fewer feats," to "I am apparently indisputably top tier now,"

I remember reading that as it was coming out and going "Yeah... but /Motobe/ is gonna be the guy?! Really?!"

Not only did he do remarkably well against Musashi but also beat the shit out of Jack which was honestly very baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Watching the Dai No Daibouken anime brought back the strange feeling I've always had about the series' pacing.

When reading it it all feels fairly natural and well-paced enough but whenever I think back on the series I feel like the point the anime is currently at is the beginning of the end game, when it's actually only the 22nd out of 37 volumes of the manga.
    I do like how multi-faceted the final arc is though.

Not unlike Demon Slayer, you don't feel like any stop is left unpulled or anything is left under the table. You get a bunch of the expected cool fights but also a bunch of stuff you wouldn't have thought would happen, stakes go way up; I like me a thick endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I do like how multi-faceted the final arc is though.

Not unlike Demon Slayer, you don't feel like any stop is left unpulled or anything is left under the table. You get a bunch of the expected cool fights but also a bunch of stuff you wouldn't have thought would happen, stakes go way up; I like me a thick endgame.
    I enjoy it a lot too, it's one of my favourites manga after all. It really sold how powerful and difficult to defeat the final antagonists were and with the anime having done a decent job so far I'm looking forward to seeing how it animates them.

But whenever I think back on it I get surprised by how inaccurate my memories of the length of each arcs are.

Extraordinary Member

As we expected Korra will get Aang's feats as well as the feats of every other Avatar.

Compared to some other questionable scaling they've presented on the show that's pretty tame by Death Battle standards to be honest.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-15-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

As suspected Korra will get Aang's feats as well as that of every other Avatar.

Compared to a few other leaps in scaling that's pretty tame by Death Battle standards to be honest.
    Why didn't they use the Alucard numbers for the Aang feat, considering they both did something similar? Or is 0.65 tons of TNT not as impressive a number as 35,778,900 metric tons?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So apparently news came to my feed that Batman's moving the setting to New York, like apparently he's done with Gotham or something?

....Immediately I'm wondering just how much I'm missing out on Batman these days....Is Alfred still dead?

Extraordinary Member

Jujutus Kaisen is Like a mixture of the best of HunterxHunter and Bleach, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So apparently news came to my feed that Batman's moving the setting to New York, like apparently he's done with Gotham or something?

....Immediately I'm wondering just how much I'm missing out on Batman these days....Is Alfred still dead?
    Last I checked Alfred is still dead. Damian's been hallucinating his ghost over the the Robin series.

(I assume, it could be the actual ghost)

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Jujutus Kaisen is Like a mixture of the best of HunterxHunter and Bleach, IMO.

Last I checked Alfred is still dead. Damian's been hallucinating his ghost over the the Robin series.

(I assume, it could be the actual ghost)
    ...Well, looks like I'll be binging every comic book moment of Alfred being awesome. May it be taking out mooks or roasting Bruce.

Extraordinary Member

Looking into it, It seems the while Bruce Wayne is going on a walkabout, he's not moving to New York.

The one going to New York is the the other Batman, Jace Fox

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I enjoy it a lot too, it's one of my favourites manga after all. It really sold how powerful and difficult to defeat the final antagonists were and with the anime having done a decent job so far I'm looking forward to seeing how it animates them.

But whenever I think back on it I get surprised by how inaccurate my memories of the length of each arcs are.
    I went and watched a couple of the recent episodes of the anime.

Then I was like "Huh, I don't quite remember exactly what happens next,"

So I went and read some of the manga.

And then I realised I was on the precipice of just rereading the last 180 chapters of DnDB again and I had other things I wanted to do with my time this evening so I backed away.

(but seriously, that manga is MAD good)

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Max Mercury and Impulse were acting out of Manchester, Alabama IIRC.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!