Page 640 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 14054059063063663763863964064164264364465069074011401640 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 36871

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yeah, in the manga, he's still a ******* of sorts but not so much that he's unlikable. i mean he has a reason for being the way he is.

but he's certainly a lot more interesting than most isekai MC.
    I chalk that up to Shield Hero being one of the earlier titles of the current isekai fad. I could be wrong, but it does seem like the edgy anti-hero isekai twists starting cropping up after it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I chalk that up to Shield Hero being one of the earlier titles of the current isekai fad. I could be wrong, but it does seem like the edgy anti-hero isekai twists starting cropping up after it.
    i haven't read any of those yet. most of the of the isekai MCs i've read were either bland as cardboard or OP as ****.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i haven't read any of those yet. most of the of the isekai MCs i've read were either bland as cardboard or OP as ****.
    I read some but it resolves from interesting yet depressing due to the crapsack setting to...Yeah, it's just rather sickening.

Strangely enough, most start with the hero being screwed over at the tail end of his journey and by either his own opness or an overlooked feature he never realized existed, he's thrusted back in time to the very beginning.

Mileage will most definitely vary on his approach with knowledge the people around him the first time are actual scumbags.

From what I hear, the anime made him an ultra-asshat. The manga makes him a bit more sympathetic with the slave-bit being an act of desperation to survive at the beginning.
    Not from what I've watched from the anime and read from the novels. His characterization is more or less consistent.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Not from what I've watched from the anime and read from the novels. His characterization is more or less consistent.
    I've only read the manga, so I'm clueless of his personality, novel-wise.

I've only read the manga, so I'm clueless of his personality, novel-wise.
    There is another good reason as to why he can be a bit of a Dick outside of ptsd, and it's the same reason as to why he has essentially become asexual as well. Wont find out until a certain, (EXTREMELY ANNOYING) party member of his dies, and she hasn't joined the party yet in either manga or anime, so I'll leave it at that. But there is a reason, and it was hinted at the beginning.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

BANNED

Is Kiss Players the worst thing to ever come out of the Transformers franchise? I think it might be.

Extraordinary Member

behold.

the pirate king...........of one piece reactors. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Is Kiss Players the worst thing to ever come out of the Transformers franchise? I think it might be.

Considering it has Starscream take over a cyborg schoolgirl in the bathroom and then leave without pulling up his/her panties among other things... Probably.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

So, this is the infamous manga featuring a body-swapped Loli-Starscream. Why, Japan? Just WHY? Turning Lovecraftian horrors into sexy anime girls I can understand, but this is a step too far.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Behold! Live Action Trigon!

Beep Beep!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, this is the infamous manga featuring a body-swapped Loli-Starscream. Why, Japan? Just WHY? Turning Lovecraftian horrors into sexy anime girls I can understand, but this is a step too far.
    I'm pretty sure they were seperate things.

I think Kiss Players actualy worst going by this image.

I'm pretty sure they were seperate things.

I think Kiss Players actualy worst going by this image.
    do we to call chris hanson on you, megs?