Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Batwoman's Ruby Rose Reveals Horrifying Set Conditions
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-ruby-ro...wbtv-berlanti/
    Well if this ain't an eye opener.
    Well, that sounds like a healthy working environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Pah! A psychological episode? We LIVED for those. I mean Ardy could go into catatonic mode or murder-frenzy mode if she was triggered. We even had a safe word (KITTENS!) that Tasha was supposed to say whenever she felt herself slipping into her ‘murder EVERYBODY’ state. And Corim didn’t so much have psychological episodes as an animalistic approach to human organ consumption - kind of his own personal diet plan.

We knew how to deal with psychoses.
    Don't wanna say what it is becuase should a chance ever present itself, I'd like to bring her back for another Anima game...

But, heh.

That’s a shame too. Some great characters in that (I still want to know what Samuel’s deal was, Nik!), even if we struggled with player availability from early on.

Really enjoyed both of those games. Would have been really good to see you more in them.
    I was pretty hyped, would've been my first tabletop of any kind/form (hence the repeated Sharp PM's for clarity), Siriel's game. Think that's why I crashed so hard when it failed.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

And Corim didn’t so much have psychological episodes as an animalistic approach to human organ consumption - kind of his own personal diet plan.
    You eat one person's heart in a moment of extreme emotional distress and suddenly you're the cannibal guy. >_<

That’s a shame too. Some great characters in that (I still want to know what Samuel’s deal was, Nik!)
    Samuel's deal was as follows:

- From a good family but had been disowned so he didn't actually have any money so he was grifting for all he was worth.
    - Gay as hell but somewhat in the closet for social occasions on the off chance he could marry his way into a family with money to some poor debutant.
    - Psychic but keeping it a bit of a secret.
    - Kind of self-destructive in that he took a kind of perverse delight in seeing things fall apart.
    - Gambling addict and would play games with the lives of the people around him for the sheer thrill.
    - Maybe an alcoholic, I hadn't quite figured it out yet.

That's about as far as I ever planned. I don't know how far he would ever have gotten.

Surprising that CBR is what's breaking this but yeah this sounds bad.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Don't wanna say what it is becuase should a chance ever present itself, I'd like to bring her back for another Anima game...

But, heh.
    Let’s hope then. Come over to the Discord - I’m sure I can convince Mobius to put you on the waiting list for the fifth time he runs this campaign! You’d enjoy his GM’ing. And I’m sure you’ll find others there who are putting a game together.

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure neither Sharp nor Siriel are planning to do an Anima PBP again, and I suck utter donkey balls as a GM.

I was pretty hyped, would've been my first tabletop of any kind/form (hence the repeated Sharp PM's for clarity), Siriel's game. Think that's why I crashed so hard when it failed.
    Man, I didn’t know that at all. I couldn’t tell at all - kudos. I mean it was my first TTRPG in twenty years when I started playing as well (although Senor Hasta’s Rumbles RPG was my first RPG of any sort in that time).

Speaking of whom…

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You eat one person's heart in a moment of extreme emotional distress and suddenly you're the cannibal guy. >_<
    “I built half the houses in this town, but do they call me Jeff the House-Builder? I paved all the roads in this town, but do they call me Jeff the Road-Builder? No. They don’t.

You **** one pig…”

- From a good family but had been disowned so he didn't actually have any money so he was grifting for all he was worth.
    - Gay as hell but somewhat in the closet for social occasions on the off chance he could marry his way into a family with money to some poor debutant.
    - Kind of self-destructive in that he took a kind of perverse delight in seeing things fall apart.
    - Gambling addict and would play games with the lives of the people around him for the sheer thrill.

That's about as far as I ever planned. I don't know how far he would ever have gotten.
    I don’t think I ever had him pegged as a Mentalist. You played him so shadily. Well played, sir. Well played.

Let’s hope then. Come over to the Discord - I’m sure I can convince Mobius to put you on the waiting list for the fifth time he runs this campaign! You’d enjoy his GM’ing. And I’m sure you’ll find others there who are putting a game together.

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure neither Sharp nor Siriel are planning to do an Anima PBP again, and I suck utter donkey balls as a GM.
    Hook a tentacle monster up, might need to re-download the books again, but I'm nothing if not active on Discord.

Man, I didn’t know that at all. I couldn’t tell at all - kudos. I mean it was my first TTRPG in twenty years when I started playing as well (although Senor Hasta’s Rumbles RPG was my first RPG of any sort in that time).

Speaking of whom…
    I mean I'd certainly done play-by-post, Cleric was actually the GM for my first attempt (SHR3) and good gods was that character a trainwreck a... really really bad one. But for a variety of reasons to do with upbringing, it wasn't until Anima that I'd actually touched or attempted to touch a tabletop of any kind.

It not seeming like I was utterly new to it is mostly due to me harassing Sharp with questions.

“I built half the houses in this town, but do they call me Jeff the House-Builder? I paved all the roads in this town, but do they call me Jeff the Road-Builder? No. They don’t.

You **** one pig…”

... get hit with one boat...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So I read Dune the first book for the first time bc of the movie coming out so I can be properly impressed/disappointed.

It wasn't bad. A start that I had trouble getting through but once I was past that it was somewhat smooth sailing. I wasn't really blown away by it but i recognized some of the inspirations going into the book and more importantly for me some of the influences that it carried forward to today (like a certain arc that brought to mind a subplot from the Wheel of Time, which was my first fantasy series after all). That aspect was neat. I'm not in a rush to further books although I have heard the series starts to play more on the themes and specifics set up in the first book. It's kind of a weighty universe.
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Me playing smart is FAR from a given.
    Untrue.

Oh no. She didn’t get Lucky. Far from it. She got Unfortunate, which isn’t a mechanical thing but basically means I hand over to Mobius the keys to my character at times and hopes he doesn’t crash it into a late-night fried chicken restaurant.
    Unfortunate is almost a staple for choices with my Tabletop group. I'd probably choose it myself for a character (didn't need it for Tasha). Difficult lives are the most fun.

... Though Siriel's game dying as it did, did kinda get me to skitter away from joining Sharp's Anima game... after going through the work to make another fun Warlock, something I regret.
    Am still toying with the idea, but not right now. I'm too stressed and busy.

Maybe next year.

Pah! A psychological episode? We LIVED for those. I mean Ardy could go into catatonic mode or murder-frenzy mode if she was triggered. We even had a safe word (KITTENS!) that Tasha was supposed to say whenever she felt herself slipping into her ‘murder EVERYBODY’ state. And Corim didn’t so much have psychological episodes as an animalistic approach to human organ consumption - kind of his own personal diet plan.

Was a bit of an unbalanced group, to say the least.

I hate to say it, but had Tasha actually gone full-on Blood Riot, it's unlikely she'd remember to say 'Kittens'. Not that people wouldn't have been able to figure it out.

...briefly.

That’s a shame too. Some great characters in that (I still want to know what Samuel’s deal was, Nik!), even if we struggled with player availability from early on.
    *waits for Nik to chime in*

But, heh.
    Keep her around. I might, in the future, assuming I can actually get a group that can semi-promise to stick to the game. All my motivation dies when I lose a some players.

Honestly was hoping that adding you would give Siriel's game a shot in the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    [Tasha] Heart...eating guy.

And there you go!

We actually had TWO Psychics in the group. Subby's character (Giovanna, one of my favorites I admit) had more psychic oomph, but.

Should give it a shot if you have the time, CoR.

I have considered it. I have a base idea for a starting point, but I require actually dedicated players, and a less-stressed and more open life. The latter two will come at some point in the near future, but....

Mobius might be up for that as well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'd be down to try and play anima if people on the board are up for it again, but yea would have to know people had time/drive. Including myself in that qualifier ofc
    -Stephen McCranie

Well, I'd certainly be willing to dedicate time to a game. Whenever it pops up. Can't promise rapid fire posts in the thousands like I used to be capable of but... a few well thought out ones a day/week certainly.

Arx Inosaan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Keep her around. I might, in the future, assuming I can actually get a group that can semi-promise to stick to the game. All my motivation dies when I lose a some players.
    I still feel bad about bowing out of that one. But that was my fault from the beginning. You said you were making a cool intrigue setting and I was like "I'll play the punchy guy".
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Man, I miss Ardy's craziness and how well she played off of the much calmer Solomon. And I'm laughing at the delayed mental breakdown she had in the cave now that you mention it I'd love to have another shot at her, with a few key changes to clean up her backstory. Still a shame that both games fizzled out, but sometimes life happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    And there you go!

We actually had TWO Psychics in the group. Subby's character (Giovanna, one of my favorites I admit) had more psychic oomph, but.
    Aw shucks ^_^ I can't remember where I was going with her, if anywhere, character-wise. Playing a blind psychic introduced some interesting challenges, I can say that.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Oh man, now I remember Tasha. What a character she was

Despite the collision of circumstances that led us there, I have fond memories of how we got nuked and losing half our party fleeing like fools. I pictured a much more competent character than how Preston actually turned out being with his one bad stealth roll and no other contributions of note so it was great
    -Stephen McCranie

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Oh man, now I remember Tasha. What a character she was

Despite the collision of circumstances that led us there, I have fond memories of how we got nuked and losing half our party fleeing like fools. I pictured a much more competent character than how Preston actually turned out being with his one bad stealth roll and no other contributions of note so it was great
    Siriel's sarcasm in that post was top tier
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Not surprising in all honesty since some cast members from The Flash and Arrow have reported similar issues for the last four years.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!