Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I am the rock of the eternal shore.
    Bitch you are never here

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I am the rock of the eternal shore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Bitch you are never here
    No, but Nik, you just don’t understand.

Miburo has to limit his Rumbles exposure because his significant other really doesn’t understand what Rumbles is about.

Wait... hold on a minute...! o_0

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    No, but Nik, you just don’t understand.

Miburo has to limit his Rumbles exposure because his significant other really doesn’t understand what Rumbles is about.

Wait... hold on a minute...! o_0
    Gladdy's gonna put you through a table for this slight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    But seriously. It's been like five or six years since I more or less dropped off the Rumbles radar, and it seems like such a long time ago now. Especially since it at least feels like I hung around this place for ages before that. And yet to my genuine amazement you guys are still here and don't seem to have changed much at all. Like you're some sort of primordial mosquitoes perfectly preserved in the purest amber.

Honestly, sorta makes me worry I'm the one who's changed the most. o__O
    A lot changed varying person to person. Like me being back in school and now on a new relationship as the last one was not planning out, and in 2020 is the worst year. 2 ppl in my freakken family died and one was not Covid related but still all sucks.

Extraordinary Member

The God of High School anime is entertaining but not much else.

Like, the fights are pretty cool, the jokes are pretty funny and the main cast feel pretty basic but are engaging enough that I watching the show.

But it rushes through a lot of stuff without really explaining anything or giving it time to breath. Some times it feels as though there are some scenes missing or something.

I mostly turn of my brain while watching it and enjoy the pretty action scenes (which are fun but rarely great).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The God of High School anime is entertaining but not much else.

Like, the fights are pretty cool, the jokes are pretty funny and the main cast feel pretty basic but are engaging enough that I watching the show.

But it rushes through a lot of stuff without really explaining anything or giving it time to breath. Some times it feels as though there are some scenes missing or something.

I mostly turn of my brain while watching it and enjoy the pretty action scenes (which are fun but rarely great).
    That feeling is because there are haha.

The pace of the anime is WAY faster than the pace of the comic and a bunch of additional scenes and the like have been cut for brevity so the show feels very compressed.

Extraordinary Member

That feeling is because there are haha.

The pace of the anime is WAY faster than the pace of the comic and a bunch of additional scenes and the like have been cut for brevity so the show feels very compressed.
    That explains it.

I get why they're doing it but I don't know if it was the right call.

Whelp I found out a sick student in my medical program had died from Covid just now.

God rest her soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That explains it.

I get why they're doing it but I don't know if it was the right call.
    I'm not completely up to date on the show but I was a bit annoyed at how quickly we blasted through the preliminary tournament and how certain plot elements have been pushed around. I understand why, as you say, but... I don't know. It makes the series feel a little limp.

And the issue is, the major story arc we're in is perhaps the best or second best arc in the series. If this feels underwritten then they are going to run into problems when they hit the really bad stuff, even if it's a ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Whelp I found out a sick student in my medical program had died from Covid just now.

God rest her soul.
    Oh dear, did you know her personally?

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I'm not completely up to date on the show but I was a bit annoyed at how quickly we blasted through the preliminary tournament and how certain plot elements have been pushed around. I understand why, as you say, but... I don't know. It makes the series feel a little limp.

And the issue is, the major story arc we're in is perhaps the best or second best arc in the series. If this feels underwritten then they are going to run into problems when they hit the really bad stuff, even if it's a ways off.
    spoilers:
    Supposedly (I don't remember what happened in the webtoon, it's been too long) the anime straight up changed how the Park Ilpyo vs Jin Mori fight went, consequently cutting the fight Mira would have had afterward out entirely.
    end of spoilers

I recommend keeping your hopes down, lads.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    spoilers:
    Supposedly (I don't remember what happened in the webtoon, it's been too long) the anime straight up changed how the Park Ilpyo vs Jin Mori fight went, consequently cutting the fight Mira would have had afterward out entirely.
    end of spoilers

...wait, what?!

spoilers:
    Mira had a fight in that round!?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

If I was still a fan of this series, I'd be furious. Even now, I'm mildly annoyed and disappointed.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I HAD NOT GOT TO THAT EPISODE AND I AM FURIOUS.

They CUT that?!

The burial! The naked burial of my favourite character in the show. It's bad enough the burial that happened in the comic but this SUCKS.

I HAD NOT GOT TO THAT EPISODE AND I AM FURIOUS.

They CUT that?!

The burial! The naked burial of my favourite character in the show. It's bad enough the burial that happened in the comic but this SUCKS.
    Well, I guess I'll go watch the three remaining episodes, get angry, get drunk [it's a wednesday I'm allowed] and then stop watching entirely.