Page 784 of 841 FirstFirst ... 284684734774780781782783784785786787788794834 ... LastLast
Results 11,746 to 11,760 of 12604
  1. #11746
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Who are the others? Anyone we know (e.g. Elixir)?
    hope, proteus, tempus, elixir and goldballs.

    the process is thus:

    goldball creates unviable "eggs", one for each mutant they need to bring back.

    the eggs are injected with the DNA of said mutant, thanks to mister sinister's genetic bank.

    proteus warps reality to make the eggs viable.

    elixer jump starts the life process and creates cell division.

    tempus accelerates the eggs into husks that were the same age as the mutant when they died.

    hope empowers the others and allows them to work in unison.

    the memories and minds of the mutant are them implanted into the husk, thanks to Cerebro.

    and boom. the mutant is brought back to life like nothing happened.

  2. #11747
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hope, proteus, tempus, elixir and goldballs.

    the process is thus:

    goldball creates unviable "eggs", one for each mutant they need to bring back.

    the eggs are injected with the DNA of said mutant, thanks to mister sinister's genetic bank.

    proteus warps reality to make the eggs viable.

    elixer jump starts the life process and creates cell division.

    tempus accelerates the eggs into husks that were the same age as the mutant when they died.

    hope empowers the others and allows them to work in unison.

    the memories and minds of the mutant are them implanted into the husk, thanks to Cerebro.

    and boom. the mutant is brought back to life like nothing happened.
    I forsee nothing bad coming out of this setup.

    No sir, it will all work just fine.

  3. #11748
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I forsee nothing bad coming out of this setup.

    No sir, it will all work just fine.
    the only secret caveat?

    they can't bring back pre-cogs like destiny. that's due to xavier and mags not wanting anyone to know that moira is not only still alive but is a mutant herself.

  4. #11749
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I forsee nothing bad coming out of this setup.

    No sir, it will all work just fine.
    Absolutely agree. Nothing could possibly go wrong with Mr Sinister having free use of a genetic library of omega-level mutants.

    In fact I believe part of the basis of the new F4/X-Men mini-series is Sinister doing his best “Gotta catch ‘em all!” impression and trying to complete his set with a certain young Master F. Richards.

    Which is of course an entirely problem-free philosophy.

    Hakuna Matata.

    And so forth.

  5. #11750
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Absolutely agree. Nothing could possibly go wrong with Mr Sinister having free use of a genetic library of omega-level mutants.

    In fact I believe part of the basis of the new F4/X-Men mini-series is Sinister doing his best “Gotta catch ‘em all!” impression and trying to complete his set with a certain young Master F. Richards.

    Which is of course an entirely problem-free philosophy.

    Hakuna Matata.

    And so forth.
    well sinister is too busy living his best life.

    seriously, sinister is one of the best things about the new xmen books. he's just so damn sassy. i love it.

  6. #11751
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well sinister is too busy living his best life.

    seriously, sinister is one of the best things about the new xmen books. he's just so damn sassy. i love it.
    Nobody is saying he's not enjoyable.

    But he is one of Marvels maddest science creates, and he basically traded in his moral compass for more mad science.

    Giving him access to any part of this is an invitation to disaster somewhere down the line.

  7. #11752
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    5,333

    Default

    Man, writing is really hard sometimes.

    I enjoy doing it but also, it's a fucking shitty grind sometimes.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Underbelly: A Mafia Intrigue RPG. Come and do crimes!
    Art Thread on CBR

  8. #11753
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Nobody is saying he's not enjoyable.

    But he is one of Marvels maddest science creates, and he basically traded in his moral compass for more mad science.

    Giving him access to any part of this is an invitation to disaster somewhere down the line.
    they have poccy, mystique, and shaw on the quiet council.

    at this point, you'd have to expect something to go wrong.

    well, more so than what's going down right now.

  9. #11754
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,804

    Default

    However, I once again find myself wondering how long until the Avengers barge into the X-Men's home and pick another fight.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  10. #11755

  11. #11756
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    However, I once again find myself wondering how long until the Avengers barge into the X-Men's home and pick another fight.
    well they don't have much a reason to. not to mention, krakoa is a soverign nation so he can't really just........bargin in.

  12. #11757
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hope is still a thing. she's part of "the five", five mutants who, when working together, can bring back any mutant who dies. it's how they brought back the xmen who took out mastermold, prof. X when he got sniped, and shinobi shaw. in fact, she's a key part since she can use her powers to make the other 4 work together and better. so i think she lives on krakoa itself along with the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hope, proteus, tempus, elixir and goldballs.

    the process is thus:

    goldball creates unviable "eggs", one for each mutant they need to bring back.

    the eggs are injected with the DNA of said mutant, thanks to mister sinister's genetic bank.

    proteus warps reality to make the eggs viable.

    elixer jump starts the life process and creates cell division.

    tempus accelerates the eggs into husks that were the same age as the mutant when they died.

    hope empowers the others and allows them to work in unison.

    the memories and minds of the mutant are them implanted into the husk, thanks to Cerebro.

    and boom. the mutant is brought back to life like nothing happened.
    This sounds creepy as hell. They're basically copies, then?

    And Marvel has basically gone on record about 'souls' and so forth in the past.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  13. #11758
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,034

    Default


  14. #11759
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Stop reminding me how sinfully adorable these two are together, dammit!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  15. #11760
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Stop reminding me how sinfully adorable these two are together, dammit!
    NEVER!!!!!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •