Page 2401 of 2466 FirstFirst ... 1401190123012351239123972398239924002401240224032404240524112451 ... LastLast
Results 36,001 to 36,015 of 36977
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That’s both awesome and scary MoR. Glad you are ok and you had fun.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

been playing MC for years now. i damn near have everything for that game and i enjoy it a lot.

but hulk sucks. there is no way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    went to animeverse here. had a great time. took a lot of pics with folks. went as early blackbeard. couldn't find the pants so i just settled on "kilt".

met sonny strait. (english VA of krillin and ussop) really cool guy.

and just as we left, active shooter at lakewood church, which was close to where the con was. thankfully, it seems like the only fatality was the shooter.

but other than that, its just what i needed.
    Glad you're alright. Too many of those things happening these days
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It's fun to see what you can do with the relatively limited number of assets that are currently available. Personally my favourite approach is attempting to recreate icons from other franchises...in a 'we have this character at home' sorta way >_>
    Ah yes, I know I've definitely run into folks online making characters look like Cody from Street Fighter, or Goku, or a Persona character. It's neat

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's cool that you can customize the characters like that. One of the app games I play on my phone allows for avatar customization but nothing near as nice as what you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Glad to hear you're okay, MoR. 'Active shooter'. Yikes.

On another note, I'm enjoying looking at everyone's Tekken stuff. Don't play the game, but it's fun looking at the clothes you come up with.
    Yeah it's pretty cool. Definitely do notice though that as time goes by the more I'm wishing there were more options too. But I'll make the most of it because it's certainly a bit more variety than anything you'd get in most other fighting games.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah it's pretty cool. Definitely do notice though that as time goes by the more I'm wishing there were more options too. But I'll make the most of it because it's certainly a bit more variety than anything you'd get in most other fighting games.
    I used to love fighting games. Not sure why I don't anymore. Just...people change, I guess. Tekken looks great, though. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Dandadan: I loved the manga references in this chapter. And dammit kids, have you never played Yu-Gi-Oh? Always read the small print on the card.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

After a while of subtle changes to my settings of my stories, ended up creating an antagonist that has such mutual hatred towards one of the protagonists that the two don't really have any banter at all. Just screaming and throwing hands.

It's kind of raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    After a while of subtle changes to my settings of my stories, ended up creating an antagonist that has such mutual hatred towards one of the protagonists that the two don't really have any banter at all. Just screaming and throwing hands.

It's kind of raw.
    I rather like stepping away from Whedon-esque stuff (not saying yours is like that, but Whedon certainly set the standard for 'everyone must banter') and making things more real and emotionally deep. Even if it's hatred and rage.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I rather like stepping away from Whedon-esque stuff (not saying yours is like that, but Whedon certainly set the standard for 'everyone must banter') and making things more real and emotionally deep. Even if it's hatred and rage.
    Right. Like I went they tried to begrudgingly not to let things explode but it quickly doesn't last because the various factors that led to them already disdainful towards each other just won't be resolved peacefully.

Like I don't feel like both sides will have a final speech like " I must stop you" or "you ruined my plans so die" etc. Just basically looking face to face and ready to just throw out punches. Like first 15 seconds of Daredevil and Fisk here:

I used to love fighting games. Not sure why I don't anymore. Just...people change, I guess. Tekken looks great, though. ^_^
    I kind of phased out of Street Fighter as of SF6 but I've been revived with Tekken 8. I think I'm probably being kept in by what has always kind of kept me playing fighting games now: the community or more specifically the discord I'm in that plays and learns fighting games. Neat to see it's still in me I think, since I started approaching Fighting games in this way in around 2013 or so.

It's kind of raw.
    That sounds like a fun way for things to go depending on where the story is now.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Crunchyroll is going to air a 4-part documentary series about Studio Bones to celebrate the studio being active for 25 years.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Right. Like I went they tried to begrudgingly not to let things explode but it quickly doesn't last because the various factors that led to them already disdainful towards each other just won't be resolved peacefully.

Like I don't feel like both sides will have a final speech like " I must stop you" or "you ruined my plans so die" etc. Just basically looking face to face and ready to just throw out punches. Like first 15 seconds of Daredevil and Fisk here:
    And I like that. Speeches are good and nice, and can have dramatic impact, but at some point - after consuming a ton of media, especially manga, oh my god manga - one gets tired of them and just wants people to behave realistically. ie - situation is life and death or has huge stakes, you want to win that fight not take a moment to look cool.

ESPECIALLY when people have a lot of emotion between them (like hate). That kinds of leads to 'let my weapon speak for me' and charge in with the stabby-stabby or whatever.

...also the fact that 'I think we've already danced the dance of trying to talk to each other, and all the words have been said. Why bother?'

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I kind of phased out of Street Fighter as of SF6 but I've been revived with Tekken 8. I think I'm probably being kept in by what has always kind of kept me playing fighting games now: the community or more specifically the discord I'm in that plays and learns fighting games. Neat to see it's still in me I think, since I started approaching Fighting games in this way in around 2013 or so.
    That makes perfect sense. I kind of left fighting games around *checks* 2006? 2007? That area. I stuck my nose back in once in a while for Soulcalibur because weapons, but stopped that after four or five, I think. The disintegrating clothing put me off.

But in general, there was no strong reason why I stopped playing - I didn't look down on them or anything, I just kind of lost interest in playing them. Lack of progression, story, that kind of thing maybe? I like that in a game. Come to think of it, one of the last ones that held my attention was VF...I want to say 5? And that was because of the business of making a character and travelling around with them to different places collecting different articles of clothing. ^_^ But then clothing became another way for games to make money, so.
    Why are we here?

Chainsaw Man: spoilers:
    So, one of the rioteers finally realizes just how insane the situation has become and pleads with the mob to see reason, which actually seems to work. Barem, being the manipulative bastard that he is, puts a gun to his head and pretends that Nayuta is forcing him to it. This causes the mob to regress back into a hysterical frenzy and attack Nayuta. We get an enlightening flashback pertaining to Nayuta's initial thoughts when she moved in with Denji. At first, she saw him as pitiful and planned to manipulate him as Makima did so that she could discover who she was, but we're shown that she gave up on that idea as she spent time with him and came to love him as her sibling. The scene fluidly transitions to Denji's perspective where his subsconscious mocks him over his ideation of family, claiming that he threw it all away when he decided turn into Chainsaw Man and that they didn't even deserve a family after they killed their own father.

So yeah, this is probably the lowest that Denji has been brought. He's (seemingly) lost his second found family, his reputation as Chainsaw Man is in ruins, and with his human identity being exposed, his chances at integrating back into society are practically nonexistent since the world at large fears him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-13-2024 at 10:49 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

That makes perfect sense. I kind of left fighting games around *checks* 2006? 2007? That area. I stuck my nose back in once in a while for Soulcalibur because weapons, but stopped that after four or five, I think. The disintegrating clothing put me off.

But in general, there was no strong reason why I stopped playing - I didn't look down on them or anything, I just kind of lost interest in playing them. Lack of progression, story, that kind of thing maybe? I like that in a game. Come to think of it, one of the last ones that held my attention was VF...I want to say 5? And that was because of the business of making a character and travelling around with them to different places collecting different articles of clothing. ^_^ But then clothing became another way for games to make money, so.
    Sounds like you pulled back just before the reinvigoration of the genre in 2008/2009 with Street Fighter IV, albeit the story-based questing elements you mentioned didn't really become much of a thing until lately - and yes, that DLC microtransactions racket, awful.

Of course, the boom of the genre came with increased prevalance of online matchmaking, which is both a good and a bad thing.

It's great you can access players from all over, and with rollback netcode these days from different regions with better fidelity than before.

On the other hand, the depths that people will sink to in order to satisfy their need to win, or to cope with their inability to take a loss, sometimes beggars belief. Some of these messages I've received over the years are just, whoof, but welcome to the internet and all that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chainsaw Man: spoilers:
    So, one of the rioteers finally realizes just how insane the situation has become and pleads with the mob to see reason, which actually seems to work. Barem, being the manipulative bastard that he is, puts a gun to his head and pretends that Nayuta is forcing him to it. This causes the mob to regress back into a hysterical frenzy and attack Nayuta. We get an enlightening flashback pertaining to Nayuta's initial thoughts when she moved in with Denji. At first, she saw him as pitiful and planned to manipulate him as Makima did so that she could discover who she was, but we're shown that she gave up on that idea as she spent time with him and came to love him as her sibling. The scene fluidly transitions to Denji's perspective where his subsconscious mocks him over his ideation of family, claiming that he threw it all away when he decided turn into Chainsaw Man and that they didn't even deserve a family after they killed their own father.

So yeah, this is probably the lowest that Denji has been brought. He's (seemingly) lost his second found family, his reputation as Chainsaw Man is in ruins, and with his human identity being exposed, his chances at integrating back into society are practically nonexistent since the world at large fears him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So now we just wait for who will make the first move to manipulate Denji now that he's lost everything. There's quite a line of people ready to do so.

Or will he just be too tired to listen and attempt something more drastic. It is also a possibility.
    end of spoilers