Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    We lost since they made Poker a sport.
    They what…?!

o_0

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Man, Akira and Oro looked so great, while Luke looks so wack.
    I don't know, I'm a bit blah on his aesthetic but his gameplay looks pretty fun. Super high priority fireball, lots of wall bounce stuff, chunky hits and impacts.

He looks kind of fun to me. I am terrible at Street Fighter but I'll mess with him for sure.

We lost since they made Poker a sport.
    Holy crap. I'm an athlete again.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They what…?!

o_0
    It's on ESPN like darts here

It also seems contentious according to my googles
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't know, I'm a bit blah on his aesthetic but his gameplay looks pretty fun. Super high priority fireball, lots of wall bounce stuff, chunky hits and impacts.

He looks kind of fun to me. I am terrible at Street Fighter but I'll mess with him for sure.
    I think I don't feel him bc his moves remind me of a bunch of other characters. Interestingly something about his design appeals to me more over time. Maybe because...he's so ugly lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I think I don't feel him bc his moves remind me of a bunch of other characters. Interestingly something about his design appeals to me more over time. Maybe because...he's so ugly lol
    His design reminds me of a Garouden or Baki character.

Which is ugly but in like a compelling way.

Extraordinary Member

Wen the next history of Power Rangers? Now the next history of Power Rangers

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They what…?!

o_0
    Poker's been a sport for some time now. They even have their own world series that comes on ESPN every year.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Poker's been a sport for some time now. They even have their own world series that comes on ESPN every year.
    Oh, I know there’s a World Series. I’ve watched it numerous times in the past.

That doesn’t make it a sport.

The manner in which you physically lay the cards down is completely irrelevant to your success. It’s all about the cards you’re dealt (by chance) and the psychology.

It’s a game. I give not a single **** what ESPN thinks.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That’s an interesting discussion (and one I had with my niece not too long ago), about what makes something a game and what makes it a sport instead.

Darts and Bowling are a good example: despite being mostly a Beer League thing, both are taken more as a game in a lot of places.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S reaffirms my deep appreciation of Kyoto Animation as an animation studio. It still pisses me off that a company filled with such passionate and talented artists, directors and animators nearly has their business upended - and had several of their staff killed - because of a deranged otaku bastard.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S reaffirms my deep appreciation of Kyoto Animation as an animation studio. It still pisses me off that a company filled with such passionate and talented artists, directors and animators nearly has their business upended - and had several of their staff killed - because of a deranged otaku bastard.
    I am so happy that Kyoto Animation has recovered enough from the attack to produce again.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S has been an absolute joy with the latest episode being my favourite so far. I look forward to more from KyoAni in the future.

Extraordinary Member

The Suicide Squad was a blast.

It's delightfully violent and gross (especially the final battle), immensely funny if you're into darker types of humor, all while still maintaining a heroic heart under all the deconstructionist layers. I even enjoyed Harley Quinn in this movie, she was used really well and had a more diverse and interesting cast to bounce off of.

And John Cena has some serious comedic acting chops that I didn't really expect.

Highly recommended, really fun movie.

Alfa also makes a long very spoilery post in the comments about where the story goes to keep everyone from having to wait through the hiatus if anyone wants