Page 582 of 2453 FirstFirst ... 8248253257257857958058158258358458558659263268210821582 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 36787

It hasn't been too long since I finished my previous three recommendations, (Shuumatsu no Walkure, Shiga-Hime, and Death Mount Death Play), but I've decided that I found another three manga worth recommending, then I would do the same and surprisingly, it didn't take too long to accomplish that.

For the first of the trio, I'm going to talk about Spy x Family.

Set roughly somewhere between the late 60s and early 80s, much like the James Bond films that inspired it, this story follows a spy, code-named Twilight, who receives an assignment to create a family unit to infiltrate an elite school in order to get close to a heavily secured and paranoid terrorist. Unable to be provided by the agency due to lack of manpower, Twilight (going under the false name of Lloyd) first has to create his own family, beginning with adopting a child. Unbeknownst to him, the child he eventually adopts, a girl named Anya, happened to be a former test subject of a top-secret government experiment to harness psychic powers, making her an esper who can read minds. Quickly joining this impromptu family is Yor, a seemingly meek office lady who has her own secret; she's a professional assassin known as the Princess of Thorns. Only Anya is aware of all three of their true identities but finds the situation pretty cool.

Overall, it's a pretty amusing spy/esper/hitman comedy and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the man, the myth, the legend.

you will be missed, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    RIP Rutger Hauer
    Damn. That’s a loss.

RIP, Hitcher.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ah, I found a really old photo of Sharp.

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Girl Genius - It's so fun watching Gil and Tarvek getting along in the face of someone they detest. Yes, they still manage to condescend and insult one another, but it's almost playful, and more at the expense of the person they hate than anything else.

Classic case of Grudgingly Respect Rivals Showing United Front Against Reviled Enemy™.
    That was a fun page!

I look forward to seeing Gilgamesh throw down with Martellus once this alliance dissolves.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ah, I found a really old photo of Sharp.

...I'm probably lucky I can't see this, right?

I'll have a look at home, tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    That was a fun page!

I look forward to seeing Gilgamesh throw down with Martellus once this alliance dissolves.
    I suspect Gil will ruin his day.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm reading the new Captain Marvel for fun, and look, there's Echo! Fantastic.

And they have someone using sign language with here (because Echo's 'perfect lip reading' doesn't work when someone has a face-covering mask). Even better!

They got the grammar wrong. Signs correct, grammar wrong. *sighs*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

A new Kengan chapter is out and we now have five confirmed fighters for the Kengan side. I’m looking forward to seeing the current Fang of Metsudo. Also that ending was wtf.

Between Kengan and Abyss Rage it’s been a good week.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Dungeons and Dragons continues to be awesome. My DM is getting more comfortable and its making a hell of a difference.

Good stuff, man. Enjoy. Really throw yourself into your character.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Good stuff, man. Enjoy. Really throw yourself into your character.
    Dude I love playing my great axe wielding gnome.

Where do I start with M&M?

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Dude I love playing my great axe wielding gnome.

Where do I start with M&M?
    Basic rules. Preferably 2e, basic rules are here. There is an "Ultimate Power" book as well, and a Book of Magic, both of which I highly recommend (the Book of Magic contains clear knock-offs of many Marvel and DC characters, and basically approaches magic from a superhero perspective with advice for playing a more gritty style if that is desired).

You do D&D; the system is similar enough that you should be able to manage, and it's pretty simple (Character Generation can become RIDICULOUSLY complicated, but it can also be easy as pie, depending on what you want to make up). Hitting people is a contest between attack roll and defense roll, damage is NOT rolled but 'saved' against by the defender's toughness (there are ways to go the opposite route, 'rolling damage' against the defender's toughness), there are feats, Reflex/Fortitude/Willpower saves against various esoteric attacks, etc.
    Why are we here?

British weather is so passive agressive.

“Oh, so you’re complaining that you haven’t had a summer this year, are you? Well, here you go then. 37 degrees. Happy now?”

(A couple of days last week it was about 20 degrees Celsius lower than this!)