Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

EDIT: Doot doot doot.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-03-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Fixed that for you. ^_^

That movie is an intense and very engaging mood piece from the off. I really enjoyed it from top to bottom.

Ending is a bit weak because it's sequel bait-y (the film is called Part 1 so hardly suprising) but there's some incredibly strong film-making and performances in it. Would strongly recommend. It's a slow burn but it's a good one.
    Hmm personally I think because of the way someone sold it to me I admit most of the movie I was just like "when does the fighting start?" which probably coloured the first part of the movie lol

Looking back though the villains definitely made their marks even before the action started tho
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yep. None of this 'On any given day, any one of the top characters could potentially win.'

I can't recall if we saw a lot of the two guys who left, but they looked at least in Tsukumo's range, if not tougher.
    I admit that Tsukumo being that guy whose already ridiculously tough yet pales in comparison with the monsters despite hanging around with one of them is pretty amusing so far especially when the situation escalates. Dude however is one heck of a sponge for damage.

Not sure a mod should be actively trying to start fights, Guy.

It's a controversial game that has a lot of strong opinions attached to it with members of this board, I'd suggest not posting kind of bait-y remarks about it.
    Yeah you're right. Thanks Nik.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmm personally I think because of the way someone sold it to me I admit most of the movie I was just like "when does the fighting start?" which probably coloured the first part of the movie lol

Looking back though the villains definitely made their marks even before the action started tho
    Ah, that tracks. It's definitely not really an action film and I can see how that would totally colour your experience of it.

I saw like... one clip of an action scene on Twitter and was like "That seems like interesting film-making happening there,"

And then I watched it and was much more engaged by the slow a deliberate build in it. That said, I do like a good slow and quiet movie that ratchets tension through emotional stakes and stuff. It's very much my sort of thing.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Fixed that for you. ^_^

That movie is an intense and very engaging mood piece from the off. I really enjoyed it from top to bottom.

Ending is a bit weak because it's sequel bait-y (the film is called Part 1 so hardly suprising) but there's some incredibly strong film-making and performances in it. Would strongly recommend. It's a slow burn but it's a good one.
    Okay, sold. I like slow burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I admit that Tsukumo being that guy whose already ridiculously tough yet pales in comparison with the monsters despite hanging around with one of them is pretty amusing so far especially when the situation escalates. Dude however is one heck of a sponge for damage.
    Yeah. I watch Tsukumo getting beat up by Kohaku and the Amamiyas, and think 'okay, this dude isn't anything really special'.

*Tsukumo gets hit by a car...again. Is fully conscious afterward, and ready to fight.*

*It takes about six yakuza thugs to actively hold Tsukumo down, and he's still muscling them around*

*with his hips and waist hanging out of the car window, Tsukumo drives his car into another car, and easily walks the collision off*

*Tsukumo Captain America kicks the front of that car, spinning it 30 degrees to knock down about three or four people*

*Tsukumo's next use of a car ends with the car flipping over, smashing through several warehouse walls and a variety of things while continuing to flip, and coming to a crushing stop. Tsukumo, who hadn't worn a seatbelt, kicks the door off its hinges and climbs out looking a little beat up and tired.*

[Me] Need to adjust my opinion of this guy.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so it looks like the former "fang of metsudo" is up next.

Extraordinary Member

Some major film news: Warner Media is going to give it's entire 2021 film slate the same treatment as Wonder Woman 1984. Simultaneous streaming and theatrical release

Yep, Dune and Matrix 4 will be on HBO and such.

Gonna be weird.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Some major film news: Warner Media is going to give it's entire 2021 film slate the same treatment as Wonder Woman 1984. Simultaneous streaming and theatrical release
    Much like work from home and greater opportunity for disabled people, this is one of the effects of the pandemic that's going to be hard to roll back. I imagine it'll just be the standard in a few years. Cinemas themselves won't like it at first but I imagine it will create more buzz around films which will drive more customers to use the service.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so it looks like the former "fang of metsudo" is up next.
    I’m very hyped for this fight.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I ship it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    SNK, if you're going to get bought out by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia thus making liking KOF a lot more synonymous with war crimes and human rights violations, you could at least show something in-engine as part of your teaser.