The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I don’t think you need to apologise for anything, and in case you think the opposite, I don’t think Sharp was calling YOU entitled. I’m assuming he meant THEM.

As in “I’m entitled to be in here after closing if I’m still trying something on.”
    Oh, jeez - I see it now. Never thought it would be taken that way.

THANK YOU Beadle, for clearing that up.

Yeah, Iron - I was TOTALLY referring to the customers! Sorry if it came off differently.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

As a longstanding member of the frontline customer service workforce - yeah, customers are mad entitled and are also total bastards.

A lot of someone's personality is reflected in how they treat service/hospitality workers, that is someone they can abuse without consequence.

A fair number of spiteful little bastards I've seen and dealt with in my time.

Speaking of total bastards, my surface area analyzer has decided that this is the week it's going to act up. -_-
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...am also rather concerned that Iron left before seeing my clarification.

Edit: Just got a PM, everything cool. *phew*
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-11-2021 at 05:18 AM.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

No worries Sharp, you're good. Haha.

I just try not to be antsy at customers doing...Things.

Kinda surprised I'm the only member of the original store team left.

I have mixed emotions reading about problems others are having at work when I've been unable to find full-time steady employment for years (or even Part-Time). I do have a hit-or-miss hourly consulting/contracting work, but it's not enough. The choice has become to pay bills or to buy food.

After taking off a year due to COVID, I'm thinking of going back to job hunting. Just struggling with trying to figure out where to look.

Sorry, it's just scary and frustrating.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I have mixed emotions reading about problems others are having at work when I've been unable to find full-time steady employment for years (or even Part-Time). I do have a hit-or-miss hourly consulting/contracting work, but it's not enough. The choice has become to pay bills or to buy food.

After taking off a year due to COVID, I'm thinking of going back to job hunting. Just struggling with trying to figure out where to look.

Sorry, it's just scary and frustrating.
    You don't have to apologise for griping about economic anxiety mate.

It's rough out there, do your best, hustle as best you can and get that bag.

What Nik said. Good luck with the job search - I know such things can be soul-crushing, but hang in there!
    Why are we here?

Thanks guys, I will.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I watched the Order 66 scene from Revenge of the Sith today, and it is shocking how much memory of that scene has been overwritten by Retcons.

Like, taken solely in a vacuum, the clones are very clearly working for Sidious in that scene, not the republic
    i perfer the "chip" explaination myself. it's hard to believe that clones like rex, echo, cody, fives and all the other clones we've gotten to know would simply turn on the jedi simply because palps ordered them to.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i perfer the "chip" explaination myself. it's hard to believe that clones like rex, echo, cody, fives and all the other clones we've gotten to know would simply turn on the jedi simply because palps ordered them to.
    Yeah, it's my preferred take too

Considering starting a tournament. I might post it tomorrow if I can work out the details.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

speaking of "clone wars", been watching "the bad batch". really digging it. i'm glad they decided to not focus too much on their time in the clone war and giving us a reason why most of them didn't fall to order 66. and we actually see the early days of the empire and the transition from republic to empire.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I watched the Order 66 scene from Revenge of the Sith today, and it is shocking how much memory of that scene has been overwritten by Retcons.

Like, taken solely in a vacuum, the clones are very clearly working for Sidious in that scene, not the republic
    I thought they said in Attack of the Clones that the clones were explicitly programmed to follow orders. They weren't supposed to question orders just follow them.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!