My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Ooof, three top people resigning from his government over this one; even in today's 'can get away with anything' atmosphere, this is looking bad.

^_^

Small wonder Nik is ecstatic.
    It's not just the Chancellor and the Health Secretary who went.

Here is an article listing all the resignations so far. Be aware that this was within a single evening last night. Exterior to that the Prime Minister is currently on his third ethics minister, because they keep resigning in protest.

And who knows, there could be more in the offing. ^_^

Annnd the Minister for School Standards just resigned as well.

I think it's going to be quite a day.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just ask him.
    Oh, it's out now?

*heads out to purchase*

Edit: Crap, still 'pre-order'.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-06-2022 at 03:39 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's not just the Chancellor and the Health Secretary who went.

Here is an article listing all the resignations so far. Be aware that this was within a single evening last night. Exterior to that the Prime Minister is currently on his third ethics minister, because they keep resigning in protest.

And who knows, there could be more in the offing. ^_^
    I mean, when your ethics ministers keep resigning...come on.

Even Trudeau isn't this bad. Actually, not nearly as bad as Johnson.

He's still awful, but.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

We're up to 16 resignations within the last 24 hours so far.

Prime Minister's Questions in ten minutes and I shall be listening live. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    We're up to 16 resignations within the last 24 hours so far.
    wat

That's crazy. Looks like this might BE the last straw.

Prime Minister's Questions in ten minutes and I shall be listening live. ^_^
    Update us!

In other news, Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. The Macht saga is definitely coming to a peak. There are some great, low-key dramatic scenes that nonetheless contain the characteristic dry humor of this series.

spoilers:
    [Denken] *confronts Macht* Welp, I cannot allow you to leave this place, so I guess I'm going to have to kill you.

[Macht] ...are you high?
    end of spoilers

Seriously, that's pretty close to the actual exchange. ^_^

Then the fight starts, and (as always) it's good, with some surprising twists.

Maaaan, I love this manga.
    Why are we here?

PMQs was rough. Tory benches the quietest I've seen them in a long time. Johnson definitely not rousing support.

No less than three Tory MPs called on him, in the chamber to resign. Starmer, for the opposition, did pretty well. Got some nice zingers in there.

Also we are now up to 18 resignations from the government.

1922 Committee, the leadership body of the Tory Party itself, is apparently due to convene tonight to discuss changing the rules about ousting a leader so they can take another crack at no-confidence-ing Johnson. They also have a meeting scheduled with Dominic Raab, the deputy Prime Minister and bag of mince in a bad suit, afterwards so it looks like things could start to happen rather quickly.

Previously we were talking about Johnson being out before the end of the Summer, it now looks like he could be out by next week.

The current list of who’s in and who’s out is here (they seem to be keeping it updated): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62058278

That's a big list....
    Why are we here?

27 resignations in less than 24 hours.

Full on government collapse.

And the new ROTMNT trailer drops today?

It is looking like a good day indeed.

I am so hyped for this, it's going to be sick af!

My tabletop players have decided to start planning stuff on chat, for two different games. They've been kind enough to allow me in to watch and comment (and, of course, answer questions re: rules and setting, which is handy for them). As usual, I'm dismayed and amused by the directions they're going with the plans.

'Dismayed' in a 'Welp, as always that's a direction I didn't see coming' way. 'Amused' in a 'That's a pretty darned good idea' way.

They're pretty good at this.

Edit: ugh, it's getting worse. Either I'm predictable, or they've just gotten better and better at throwing curves my way. O_o

I guess, maybe both? We've been playing together for about 30 years with some breaks.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-06-2022 at 09:43 AM.
    Why are we here?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I have this idea for a Pathfinder game I wanna run, totally maxed out level 20 mythic rank 10 whatever bullshit where the players are legendary heroes called upon to try and stop a rogue planet (with a strangely stable ecosystem) full of sci fi stuff from crashing into their fantasy setting. They come in on the heels of another uber dude who has seemingly failed and do a sort of Heart of Darkness thing following his footsteps through a sprawling underground alien complex with cyclopean architecture, horrifyingly strong monsters, and maybe a few little civilisations that have somehow come to haunt the place. I've been working out some systems I can use to incentivize the usual D&D loop of kill-monsters-get-stuff for characters who already seemingly have everything. Reviving an old idea I had for a three part weapon system for doing fantasy tech stuff and hacking out some rules for it. None of my old players are really up for gaming these days though.

So if you're a high level character, what are some things you'd like an item that becomes central to your character to do for you, besides just "more damage?" Could be whatever.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-06-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

See, now I have to think about this. I'm not really one for 'stuff', preferring personal skill and ability. Buuuut...one interesting item would be nice. I would just need to think of what I want it to do.

Also, I'm pretty pragmatic. I want my swords to do sword stuff, not be artistic; they're ugly things that are meant to kill people, not be some gorgeous Mona Lisa - I feel that detracts from the reality of 'this is meant for one reason'.

Hmmm...will consider.
    Why are we here?