Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ah right, it's less of a singular spot and more of a table for characters with two Ls. Batman isn't at that table since he did beat Captain America, and you only need one win to leave the table.

Goku and Boba Fett are there though.
    Eh, they don't have seat at the table. Boba because he only had one fight (he only had one fight against Samus Aran, the second "fight" was just a remaster of the first one) and Goku vs. Superman 2 was just a cashgrab and so they could restate their belief that "Superman is limitless so always wins".
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Because Crocodile spent that entire time treating Luffy as an insignificant annoyance while he puts his plans into motion, and practically kills Luffy twice. Luffy was just too stubborn/lucky to die, and kept coming until he finally managed to win, using all the blood that Crocodile forced him to shed to negate his sand logia powers so he could actually hit Crocodile.

Marineford was Crocodile going into a situation where he had to take the situation/fights seriously from the get-go.
    Pretty much.

I feel like people trying the ABC fight logic really has to move past that.

Hell, I'd argue that complacency is a very real issue for most combatants in One Piece. It's very easy to be comfortable being number one in a place that nobody can oppose you to be utterly surprised when someone actually starts giving you a fight. Arlong, Crocodile, Ace, etc all suffered this. New World and beyond basically says no, you better get your ass ready for a brawling slugfest where one slipup can screw you over.

Marineford Crocodile is basically him regaining that edge seeing how he can tank and do damage like a goddamn boss.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Pretty much.

Hell, I'd argue that complacency is a very real issue for most combatants in One Piece. It's very easy to be comfortable being number one in a place that nobody can oppose you to be utterly surprised when someone actually starts giving you a fight. Arlong, Crocodile, Ace, etc all suffered this. New World and beyond basically says no, you better get your ass ready for a brawling slugfest where one slipup can screw you over.

Marineford Crocodile is basically him regaining that edge seeing how he can tank and do damage like a goddamn boss.
    To be fair, someone comparisons between two different characters are all that there really is to go on

Capcom with that Master Roshi reference with that Oro costume.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Pretty much.

Arlong was never really shown as "hot ****". He seemed to mostly coast by on the "Fishman natural strength", which only degraded once he set up shop in East Blue. And he only did that because he was a coward who was too scared to actually face real challenges (or have Jinbei catch wind of the **** he was pulling), so he went to the weakest of the Four Blues and did everything he could to ensure that knowledge of what he was doing never got out.

Because, if we take the anime as canon in this situation, then the last time he pissed off Jinbei, Jinbei beat him into the ground while no-selling everything Arlong could muster.

Also Luffy, even back then, was just a straight-up beast way beyond Arlong.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Arlong was never really shown as "hot ****". He seemed to mostly coast by on the "Fishman natural strength", which only degraded once he set up shop in East Blue. And he only did that because he was a coward who was too scared to actually face real challenges (or have Jinbei catch wind of the **** he was pulling), so he went to the weakest of the Four Blues and did everything he could to ensure that knowledge of what he was doing never got out.

Because, if we take the anime as canon in this situation, then the last time he pissed off Jinbei, Jinbei beat him into the ground while no-selling everything Arlong could muster.

Also Luffy, even back then, was just a straight-up beast way beyond Arlong.
    Yeah, not arguing with that...But yeah, he only got worse when he bummed around in East Blue since for all he knew he was pretty much top dog.

...I do admit, the fact Arlong nearly killed Luffy that doesn't even involve an actual fight just by throwing him into the sea to drown was a bit surprising to my recollection.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, they don't have seat at the table. Boba because he only had one fight (he only had one fight against Samus Aran, the second "fight" was just a remaster of the first one) and Goku vs. Superman 2 was just a cashgrab and so they could restate their belief that "Superman is limitless so always wins".
    "cashgrab" or not, it is two seperate fights that Goku lost. So in the Death Battle house Goku has a seat at the table.

Vegeta makes sure to remind everybody about that.

Limited-resistance-to-COVID, I am thy god.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Limited-resistance-to-COVID, I am thy god.
    Got your jab?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Got your jab?
    Yup.

And now I feel... bloody awful, actually. Just sitting here shivering.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yup.

And now I feel... bloody awful, actually. Just sitting here shivering.
    That's actually a good thing, if you get sick for like a day after having it, it means your immune system is on the case.

Godspeed good sir, plenty of rest and fluids tomorrow. Based on my family and friends who have had it, you should be back to normal in 36 hours or so.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'm getting my shot on Saturday. Looking forward to spending all day Sunday in bed
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I'm getting mine on Friday. I don't expect any problems, usually, that doesn't happen until the second shot.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm getting mine on Friday. I don't expect any problems, usually, that doesn't happen until the second shot.
    I’ve heard it’s different depending on the specific vaccine in question.