The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Thanks. And, eh...most of the revelations are more on the "I understand body horror so much better now..." side of things - but I also find those boner pill and nugenix ads more funny now in a sort of ironic way. That's something I guess.
    Oh, and it's given more motivation to exercise and try and get healthy in an odd way. Also something.
    I wish for you less of those kinds of revelations, let's put it that way. I imagine the road starts with those, though. Perhaps - *fingers crossed* - it'll even out.

I kind of wish their were more characters in fiction who've lost hope but fight on anyways - but usually it's all just "I'll never lose hope" stuff.
    Totally agreed on that - characters in total despair who keep going because it's what they feel is the right thing to do, even if they feel they have no chance. I imagine there are some, mind. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Vakanai, I don't know your assigned gender or which direction your dysphoria is coming at you from but you might find this video useful brain food. It's pretty heavy in places but it's a very good insight into both the experience of transition and dysphoria and the struggle it entails. It does ruminate on the concept of despair, which is what prompted it to come to mind.

As noted, I don't know your situation but I've heard trans people, including friends of mine, say that this one was useful to them.

Rooting for you on your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Totally agreed on that - characters in total despair who keep going because it's what they feel is the right thing to do, even if they feel they have no chance. I imagine there are some, mind. ^_^
    Probably. I'm probably just less aware of them since I largely engage in shonen anime and superhero fiction when I go for heroic entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Vakanai, I don't know your assigned gender or which direction your dysphoria is coming at you from but you might find this video useful brain food. It's pretty heavy in places but it's a very good insight into both the experience of transition and dysphoria and the struggle it entails. It does ruminate on the concept of despair, which is what prompted it to come to mind.

As noted, I don't know your situation but I've heard trans people, including friends of mine, say that this one was useful to them.
    That was definitely heavy, had to give it a while after watching that and read an article on Steve Martin the comedian to kind of re-balance my mind into posting/chatting shape - definitely made me think and feel a lot (and more relatable than I wish it was), so thank you very much. Still struggling with the "am I trans" question, with the answer feeling like a "yes" that my fear and caution and stubbornness beats down to just "probably." Still want to hold out hope for that "no" a while longer.

Tell your friends I said thanks for the video too.

Rooting for you on your journey.
    Thank you Nik, and I you on yours.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

That was definitely heavy, had to give it a while after watching that and read an article on Steve Martin the comedian to kind of re-balance my mind into posting/chatting shape - definitely made me think and feel a lot (and more relatable than I wish it was), so thank you very much. Still struggling with the "am I trans" question, with the answer feeling like a "yes" that my fear and caution and stubbornness beats down to just "probably." Still want to hold out hope for that "no" a while longer.

Glad it was useful. As I'm sure you know, gender can be a complex thing and, when these questions come up, there are no simple answers or one-size-fits-all kind of responses to them. It has to come from you because only you know what is right for you.

The best advice is to take your time, move in a direction that brings you joy and validation. There is definitely community and support out there for you, wherever you end up.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Started my New Years Eve story early this year. Have arrived on Page 42. Doing okay so far. ^_^ I'm hoping it'll hit 80 pages - I'm aiming for shorter these days.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Chainsaw Man: spoilers:
    Denji saved a cat
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Knights of the Apocalypse: Yay! spoilers:
    Way to go being useful Donny!
    end of spoilers

The suburban karate gangland show seems like it shall continue to be extremely silly.

Edens Zero: spoilers:
    Damn, I have to admit that this was one of the best - and darkest - set-up reveals I've seen in a manga. I wonder how on Earth Ziggy!Shiki managed to return from 20,000 years into the future since the Rebecca of his timeline is dead. Furthermore, why did he feel the need to orchestrate a machine supremacy campaign? It also garners further scrutiny towards his formerly gentle and affable behavior while raising Shiki and Elsie. Was it really all an act where he pleaded with Elsie to take Shiki and the others into another star system to get away from him, or was this a sign that his trauma may have fractured his mind and memories into two distinct personalities? Also, this panel suddenly becomes much more relevant.
    end of spoilers

Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-16-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Probably. I'm probably just less aware of them since I largely engage in shonen anime and superhero fiction when I go for heroic entertainment.

I'd like to offer my support as well, though I'm not sure what to say. maybe, just, don't shy away from seeking the right kind of help if you need it. Dealing with things on your own can be very stressful.

I set a record of sorts last week by working just under 50 hours .... I surprised myself. Guess it comes with the territory of being a contract worker.

Take care of yourself.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Glad it was useful. As I'm sure you know, gender can be a complex thing and, when these questions come up, there are no simple answers or one-size-fits-all kind of responses to them. It has to come from you because only you know what is right for you.

The best advice is to take your time, move in a direction that brings you joy and validation. There is definitely community and support out there for you, wherever you end up.
    Thanks. And definitely just trying to take things one day at a time here. And yeah, found there is definitely big community once I looked...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Started my New Years Eve story early this year. Have arrived on Page 42. Doing okay so far. ^_^ I'm hoping it'll hit 80 pages - I'm aiming for shorter these days.
    42 pages. I've never written that much in my life. Although I really should...
    What's it about?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'd like to offer my support as well, though I'm not sure what to say. maybe, just, don't shy away from seeking the right kind of help if you need it. Dealing with things on your own can be very stressful.

I set a record of sorts last week by working just under 50 hours .... I surprised myself. Guess it comes with the territory of being a contract worker.

Take care of yourself.
    I'm trying - started antidepressants, and I'm planning to schedule some therapy-type counseling soon. And I found some online groups to just...talk things out with people who get it. Which on the one hand is good cause talking and not alone, but on the other is kinda like "crap, they do get it..." Does not help my preferred tactic of denial and repression.

Thank you.

And how're you?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Saw this on steam the other night (yesterday maybe?). On the one hand, I'm skeptical of game trailers that don't show actual gameplay - and I highly question what the rules are - like at first it looks like roller derby with guns, but then she's the only one with roller blades so what's the deal? On the other hand, wow that's a pretty sick video.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Edens Zero: spoilers:
    Damn, I have to admit that this was one of the best - and darkest - set-up reveals I've seen in a manga. I wonder how on Earth Ziggy!Shiki managed to return from 20,000 years into the future since the Rebecca of his timeline is dead. Furthermore, why did he feel the need to orchestrate a machine supremacy campaign? It also garners further scrutiny towards his formerly gentle and affable behavior while raising Shiki and Elsie. Was it really all an act where he pleaded with Elsie to take Shiki and the others into another star system to get away from him, or was this a sign that his trauma may have fractured his mind and memories into two distinct personalities? Also, this panel suddenly becomes much more relevant.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'd say that every single interaction with Ziggy takes on a whole new meaning now. But I'm most intereted in how Ziggy's life was before he travelled back in time. Did he not have a Ziggy in his timeline? Or did he have a Ziggy and has he killed that Ziggy in this timeline and usurped his place? So many questions here.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Opens up my time line

“Let’s see what’s going on….”

See people are dragging up Universal Natsu and Zeref soloing DBZ.

Proceeds to walk away before I get thrown off Facebook.

BANNED

Good luck v