Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I admit this film was a guilty pleasure for me (and I find myself not liking the sequels because of the massive genre shift) but I find myself both questioning how in the world are those fights essentially death matches where I guess murder in the ring is totally fine as long as you win (because this becomes a very important thing in the last fight) and grimace at the sight of a dude no selling a baseball bat to the shin.

Extraordinary Member

In Comic News, Damian Wayne had his fight with Conner Hawke

spoilers:
    He lost. Damian that is
    end of spoilers

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Guilty Gear Strive story sum up

Neon Genesis White House Down
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

New Loki was fun. Not as twisty or fast moving as the previous eps and missing a char I like from the show but still fun.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Well, Sol isn't likely not going to be playable in the Next Guilty Gear since he's spoilers:
    a normal mortal human now, Askua took his gear powers and revert him to a normal mortal human. No longer Sol Badguy, he's just Frederick now
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

I admit this film was a guilty pleasure for me (and I find myself not liking the sequels because of the massive genre shift) but I find myself both questioning how in the world are those fights essentially death matches where I guess murder in the ring is totally fine as long as you win (because this becomes a very important thing in the last fight) and grimace at the sight of a dude no selling a baseball bat to the shin.
    It's a martial arts tournament movie. Never expect logic. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    In Comic News, Damian Wayne had his fight with Conner Hawke

spoilers:
    He lost. Damian that is
    end of spoilers
    He bloody well should.

They're setting things up for him winning the rematches in the future, I'm guessing.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Reading Robin, and Constantine Drakon is written waaaaay out of character.

I do admit, though, the part about spoilers:
    Hawke and Damian bonding over various similarities in their lives
    end of spoilers is actually good stuff. Really helped me look at the comic in a more positive fashion; I wasn't expecting that.

But the fight itself is a little weird.

spoilers:
    Damian is actually kicking Connor's ass for most of it? Then Connor miraculously comes back and utterly crushes him in two moves. Very odd.
    end of spoilers

*shrugs* Will continue reading, in any case.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm on my second playthrough with Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. I really like the game. It's an incredibly fun, drop-dead gorgeous, and all-around masterpiece deserving of high praise.

On a scale from 1 to 10 Ratchet and Clank: Rift apart is easily a 9
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-23-2021 at 05:15 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Ender Geister

Sooo, not really 100% sure on what's going on in this manga, but I do know I want that guy's knife.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Ender Geister

Sooo, not really 100% sure on what's going on in this manga, but I do know I want that guy's knife.
    It's a fun ride. Very like; "no time to explain all that," and then off you go!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Well, Sol isn't likely not going to be playable in the Next Guilty Gear since he's spoilers:
    a normal mortal human now, Askua took his gear powers and revert him to a normal mortal human. No longer Sol Badguy, he's just Frederick now
    end of spoilers
    Actually, spoilers:
    he still has his Gear powers, which is why he was able to heal from the backlash of using the OutRage's full power, which caused his arm and face to crack. They are just in a reduced state since he no longer has the Flame of Corruption, which accelerated and enhanced the Gear Cells within himself.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's a fun ride. Very like; "no time to explain all that," and then off you go!
    Well, it doesn't infodump, and I appreciate that. I would rather learn stuff as I go along.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, it doesn't infodump, and I appreciate that. I would rather learn stuff as I go along.
    Sharp would like Dark Souls. Though maybe it's a tad to grim.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sharp would like Dark Souls. Though maybe it's a tad to grim.
    I might. I think I started playing it at one point. Can't remember!

I'm cool with 'learning as one goes'. Both in games and stories.
    Why are we here?