Page 506 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 640645649650250350450550650750850951051655660610061506 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 36576
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm a sake man myself. also plum wine is tasty.

right now, i just drink booze for medicinal purposes.

I swear, I think Weird Al Yankovic found the Fountain of Youth or a Lazarus Pit. Because that man up there? 59 years old.

Yes, he is almost 60 years old and still looks that good.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

I swear, I think Weird Al Yankovic found the Fountain of Youth or a Lazarus Pit. Because that man up there? 59 years old.

Yes, he is almost 60 years old and still looks that good.
    him and keanu must be living on the love of the fans.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As I recall, you're Mormon, correct?

Do they/you have a culture of not drinking? I seem to recall that's a thing.
    Indeed. It’s basically about treating your body well. Same with not smoking.

Though to be honest even without the religious reasons, I’ve just never been interested to be honest. Seen way to many intoxicated people/had to deal with intoxicated fellow employees to be interested. Minnesota is kind of rife with a drinking culture. I blame their Norwegian heritage and the bitter, bitter cold.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Indeed. It’s basically about treating your body well. Same with not smoking.

Though to be honest even without the religious reasons, I’ve just never been interested to be honest. Seen way to many intoxicated people/had to deal with intoxicated fellow employees to be interested. Minnesota is kind of rife with a drinking culture. I blame their Norwegian heritage and the bitter, bitter cold.
    it's cool. i drink but only socially and of course, medically. i've never been.........like uber **** faced. i'm a lightweight.

so, respect.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...It's a bit crazy to recall the last time I drink anything was bout 3-4 beers...Last year. And I'm from Minnesota by the way.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...It's a bit crazy to recall the last time I drink anything was bout 3-4 beers...Last year. And I'm from Minnesota by the way.

I sometimes feel like it’s farming, drinking, farming, and sports are all there is where I am.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Cherry schnapps is as far as my alcohol consumption goes.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I sometimes feel like it’s farming, drinking, farming, and sports are all there is where I am.
    Replace the farming and sports with "bears", and you've summed up Alaska quite well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kraken is good rum.

It is very drinkable.
    I realized I simply wasn't a rum person, much to the disappointment of my Pirates of the Caribbean fan part of me.

Traditionally I've loved Lagavulin the most but subsisted mainly on Tito's vodka, Maker's Mark, Knob Creek and Luksosowa. Lately I've discovered some nice Irish stuff like Bushmills Black Bush.

To this day this remains my favorite modern fairytale.

In Britain (and Ireland - credit where credit’s due) we pride ourselves on being very good at the whole drinking thing, so we train our kids from an early age.

The Russians start their gymnasts at 6 years old, and we start our drinkers in their early teens. Practice makes perfect and all that.

Plus, if you’ve ever lived in Britain, you’d understand WHY we drink. It dulls the pain and the deep sense of ennui.

On the other hand, we’d never put the keys to a car in the hands of a 15-year old. Our teenagers may be drunk, but they’re drunk in charge of a skateboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    In Britain (and Ireland - credit where credit’s due) we pride ourselves on being very good at the whole drinking thing, so we train our kids from an early age.

The Russians start their gymnasts at 6 years old, and we start our drinkers in their early teens. Practice makes perfect and all that.

Plus, if you’ve ever lived in Britain, you’d understand WHY we drink. It dulls the pain and the deep sense of ennui.

On the other hand, we’d never put the keys to a car in the hands of a 15-year old. Our teenagers may be drunk, but they’re drunk in charge of a skateboard.
    The Defendant is charged with skateboardular manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I was born in the booze. Molded by it. I didn't see the light of sobriety until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but blinding.

I used to drink a little in my teen years, but outside of the occasional beer didn't drink anything heavy until 21. Only really started drinking when I hit 24.

Unironically, I'm quite fond of Kraken Spiced Rum.
    I like Kraken. My roommate buys this stuff called Blackheart and I enjoy that too.

I’m 31 and never had a drop of alcohol aside from things like NyQuil/DayQuil.
    Same, I never drank anything alcoholic. Took a small sip of wine once, didn't like it and never had it again.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.