I lost one of my two cats a few months ago to a urinary blockage, so I completely sympathize with you Len

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So...one of my two cats are dying. I should've been prepared for it since she is now 15 years old, but because of how energetic and loud she is, it never fully occurred to me. This week hit me when her meows suddenly became weak and hoarse. At first, I passed it off as her losing her voice temporarily because how frequently and loudly she meows during the morning to wake my wife and I up. Then, I noticed how lethargic she became. Normally, she would comb the whole house, but now she barely wants to get out of bed. She only gets up to eat or hmgo to the bathroom, and she'll slump on her side during the former before moving on. I've had these two cats since I was 19, so they're essentially family to me. Even more so since they were originally my grandmother's cats before she passed away two years ago, so losing one of them really fucking hurts especially since I promised to take care of them. I lost my mom and grandma only twelve days apart from each other and always felt/wished I had done more for them, and as stupid as it sounds, I feel like my cat dying is my fault because I didn't do enough.

Sorry for being emotional like this online. I typically refuse to bring my feelings and baggage to our forum since this is where we come for fun discussions. I just can't help myself right now.
    losing a pet is not easy. so say and do whatever you need to do to help. we'll be here for ya.

Next time on Death Battle is another Rematch Battle; The Hero of Hyrule vs. the ex-SOLDIER of Shinra

I'm wondering when we're getting the Doom Guy/Doom Slayer vs. Master Chief rematch.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So...one of my two cats are dying. I should've been prepared for it since she is now 15 years old, but because of how energetic and loud she is, it never fully occurred to me. This week hit me when her meows suddenly became weak and hoarse. At first, I passed it off as her losing her voice temporarily because how frequently and loudly she meows during the morning to wake my wife and I up. Then, I noticed how lethargic she became. Normally, she would comb the whole house, but now she barely wants to get out of bed. She only gets up to eat or hmgo to the bathroom, and she'll slump on her side during the former before moving on. I've had these two cats since I was 19, so they're essentially family to me. Even more so since they were originally my grandmother's cats before she passed away two years ago, so losing one of them really fucking hurts especially since I promised to take care of them. I lost my mom and grandma only twelve days apart from each other and always felt/wished I had done more for them, and as stupid as it sounds, I feel like my cat dying is my fault because I didn't do enough.

Sorry for being emotional like this online. I typically refuse to bring my feelings and baggage to our forum since this is where we come for fun discussions. I just can't help myself right now.
    You're allowed to feel your feelings and share them with the community.

Also, I know you know this but I'm just saying it to reinforce you feeling more healthy about it, 15 years is a really good run for a cat. You have taken good care of this animal and she appears to have lived a long and full life.

Try not to internalise blame for this happening if you can. It is not your fault, it's just looking like her time.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

It's understandable and we feel for ya, Len. Losing a pet isn't easy to take in.

Extraordinary Member

It's perfectly fine to express your sorrows and pain here. We're happy to listen and help in any way we can.

You've clearly treated this cat with love and attention. You've done a great job and it's sadly just the her time. Try not to blame yourself and just showing her the love you always have until it's time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Academia

spoilers:

Soooo Lady Nagant was a child soldier trained to be a killer by the PSC and it broke her and that's why she became a villain. Do I have that right?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yup. They pushed her past the deep end and made her pretend like she was just a regular old heroine. Cool dark backstory. I kinda really want her and Stain to meet up.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Next time on Death Battle is another Rematch Battle; The Hero of Hyrule vs. the ex-SOLDIER of Shinra
    Figured that was going to be the case from the end of year preview. Still rooting for Link, but it'll be interesting to see how things have changed for their analysis.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm so sorry, Len. I know how painful this can be, especially when the cat is really looked on as part of the family. I went through some pretty agonizing times when our two cats passed away, within a month of each other.

It sounds like she is slowing down, lots. 15 is still...not old, but complications can start happening. One of mine was 15 when he passed, thanks to some kind of medical issue that completely flummoxed the vets, no matter what tests they did. I blamed myself for a long, long time - still do, at times, wondering what I could have done differently. I know how that can go. The other one was only 17, and it turned out she had cancer. NOTHING that could have been done by the point we found out.

Please don't blame yourself.

And please don't apologize for bringing this here. I wish there was more I could do. This will hurt, and I hope you have support.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Fantastic Member

Mother's Basement talks about cartoon violence:

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Good ol' Takamura.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Good ol' Takamura.
    he is really feeling himself in this match.

But he's not Killer Queen, whom as we all know:

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I lost one of my two cats a few months ago to a urinary blockage, so I completely sympathize with you Len
    losing a pet is not easy. so say and do whatever you need to do to help. we'll be here for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You're allowed to feel your feelings and share them with the community.

Also, I know you know this but I'm just saying it to reinforce you feeling more healthy about it, 15 years is a really good run for a cat. You have taken good care of this animal and she appears to have lived a long and full life.

Try not to internalise blame for this happening if you can. It is not your fault, it's just looking like her time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    It's understandable and we feel for ya, Len. Losing a pet isn't easy to take in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's perfectly fine to express your sorrows and pain here. We're happy to listen and help in any way we can.

You've clearly treated this cat with love and attention. You've done a great job and it's sadly just the her time. Try not to blame yourself and just showing her the love you always have until it's time.
    Thanks guys, for your kindness and understanding. You're all good friends. I'm feeling a little better. My wife and aunt are helping me come to terms with it, so I'll be okay.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!