Page 2441 of 2463 FirstFirst ... 144119412341239124312437243824392440244124422443244424452451 ... LastLast
Results 36,601 to 36,615 of 36943
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Double-fist strike, ugh.

Laced finger, even.

Comic book illustrators learn some actual fighting challenge.
    Eh, they're nigh-invulnerable, it probably doesn't hurt them to do it that way. :P

Happy Easter.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Man, this feels so unapologetically 90's and I fucking love it.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Academia

spoilers:
    Kotaro Shimura is just so unfathomably stupid. From all indications the a-hole was literally having dinner dates with AFO!

Yeah, it turns out that, after Deku finally manages to reach out to Tenko, we get an AFO flashback, because of course he isn't dead yet, and his vestige appears in the mental world now.

Looks like we're finally at the real final battle folks. Send in the Kacchan!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    AFO is a charming fellow when he doesn't let his hate boner for OFA guide him (kinda like Lex Luthor when dealing with anything that isn't Superman). And Kotaro probably doesn't know anything about this guy. So I can buy that AFO found a way to approach Nana's son.

People have predicted this development (AFO's vestige acting up) for a while, it's how he controlled Shigaraki after the previous war arc after all. So it makes sense that he'd show up when Tenko control wavered in front of Izuku's determination.

Why would Bakugo be here? He's had his moment. This is Deku and Tenko's fight. Keep everybody else out I say.
    end of spoilers

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No way you (any of you who played it) could have saved some of it, downloaded it?
    Nope. Not without a stupid amount of work copying and pasting every single post.

You fight how you want when you're basically invulnerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Eh, they're nigh-invulnerable, it probably doesn't hurt them to do it that way. :P
    Well, for starters, despite what we see in Anime and comics, it's a pretty lousy attack for issuing force (I grant that it's likely not quite as bad when one can fly, but still, there are better ways to engage more muscles in the body when you hit). But let's set that aside.

The question is, can she be hurt? She's a Viltrumite, she can hurt and be hurt by other Viltrumites. Correct?

And that's the thing.

If you're doing something like a stupid, double-fisted-laced-fingers hit, you're basically pitting the bones in your weakest fingers against both your strength and the hardness of whatever you hit. Also compressing all of the other finger-bones against each other in a not-so-great fashion (again it's your own strength against your bones, potentially damaging your fingers), but.

Are other Viltrumites ~as tough as her (I know there's variation, but one assumes she's not top dog...*checks*...nope)? Can they break each other's bones? Yep, seen some of that. They rip each other apart, that kind of thing.

Which means Anissa is strong enough to hurt herself against something roughly as tough as she is. Which means it's really dumb for her to use a laced-finger double-fist strike - she probably trained fighting other Viltrumites, and would have learned pretty quickly that it's a poor attack: bad for the hands, not so great at issuing force, either. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Nope. Not without a stupid amount of work copying and pasting every single post.
    ?? You could have copied the threads by setting the page to view the whole thread then hitting control A to select all and Copy/Paste from there. I did that in several RPOL games before.

I don't know whether I did it for THIS game, but it is possible.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    ?? You could have copied the threads by setting the page to view the whole thread then hitting control A to select all and Copy/Paste from there. I did that in several RPOL games before.

I don't know whether I did it for THIS game, but it is possible.
    Well, that clearly would have work had I thought of it.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

This sums up my feelings of the Sand Land demo after playing it.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Depending on the browser you use, you could also probably just "Print to PDF" a whole page as well (though you'd have to check that information isn't getting cut off in the formatting). Too late now, I guess, but for future reference.

Well, for starters, despite what we see in Anime and comics, it's a pretty lousy attack for issuing force (I grant that it's likely not quite as bad when one can fly, but still, there are better ways to engage more muscles in the body when you hit). But let's set that aside.

The question is, can she be hurt? She's a Viltrumite, she can hurt and be hurt by other Viltrumites. Correct?

And that's the thing.

If you're doing something like a stupid, double-fisted-laced-fingers hit, you're basically pitting the bones in your weakest fingers against both your strength and the hardness of whatever you hit. Also compressing all of the other finger-bones against each other in a not-so-great fashion (again it's your own strength against your bones, potentially damaging your fingers), but.

Are other Viltrumites ~as tough as her (I know there's variation, but one assumes she's not top dog...*checks*...nope)? Can they break each other's bones? Yep, seen some of that. They rip each other apart, that kind of thing.

Which means Anissa is strong enough to hurt herself against something roughly as tough as she is. Which means it's really dumb for her to use a laced-finger double-fist strike - she probably trained fighting other Viltrumites, and would have learned pretty quickly that it's a poor attack: bad for the hands, not so great at issuing force, either. ^_^
    I assumed she's not actually putting her all into the hits, and therefore not putting enough pressure on herself to feel it much. Maybe she's doing it on purpose to cut Mark some slack. :V

And that's the thing.

And Star Trek. As for the Lanced fingers thing, A slap target at the ears would be more effective.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-01-2024 at 01:46 AM.
    My Forum check it out

She's Here.
    While the voice actress' performance conveys her personality well, I dislike the way that her character design has been adapted.

Granted, part of it is likely the result of adjusting and hybridizing Ryan Ottley and Cory Walker's pencilling styles for animation, certainly, but Anissa's features in the animated series are considerably softer and less angular, and they've brightened her eyes a bit too.

Perhaps it's to soften the lead-in 'that scene,' with a look that makes less discerning viewers see a Viltrumite lady and think to themselves, "you know, maybe there's a chance I can fix her, she doesn't look totally disgusted right?"

I was surprised they made as many 4th wall jokes in the comic con scene as they did about the animation

Sand Land demo was a mistake on Namco's part. Putting out a terrible demo is going to turn people away from wanted the game.
    My Forum check it out

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the last panels of 109 of "tsuyoshi" were some chilling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Depending on the browser you use, you could also probably just "Print to PDF" a whole page as well (though you'd have to check that information isn't getting cut off in the formatting). Too late now, I guess, but for future reference.

I assumed she's not actually putting her all into the hits, and therefore not putting enough pressure on herself to feel it much. Maybe she's doing it on purpose to cut Mark some slack. :V
    There are all kinds of hits she could do that are sensible for a trained person holding back. Slaps. Light punches. And she looks like she’s exerting herself.

Really, I feel it’s just ‘illustrators, learn some fighting.’ But we get that in all media.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    And Star Trek. As for the Lanced fingers thing, A slap target at the ears would be more effective.
    Yeah, Trek is bad for that!
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-01-2024 at 12:56 PM.
    Why are we here?