Page 2484 of 2511 FirstFirst ... 148419842384243424742480248124822483248424852486248724882494 ... LastLast
Results 37,246 to 37,260 of 37659
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Huh, been reading City of Darkness and it's sequel, and I forgot how infuriating this one kind of storytelling is:

1. Protagonists took over as head of a group, mainly cause their predecessor saw them worthy of it before they die.

2. The older members found this to be a grievous offense, starts plotting to undermine our heroes.

3. A growing antagonistic force attacks the group and our heroes struggled immensely doing everything while again the older members do nothing.

4. The heroes...Lost. They threw their hands up and leave. The older generation take over, satisfied that they're rightfully leading as it should had been.

5. Lo and behold...The antagonists continued to beat up the group while the older generation are surprised.

6. Finally realizing their folly because of their stubborn pride, they begged the heroes to return despite them moving on with their lives.

...I was actually happy one of the protagonists told them to piss off. Sure, he'll have to come back cause reasons (though storywise it does make sense) but when you were heavily disrespected and left to fight alone an obvious threat that almost killed you and your friends (and killed countless people) only to be told you're an awful leader...Again, no blame on his part that he said nope, you guys can handle this bullshit without me.

Got insight on how Akuma feels and thinks in World tour. He's not just a marital artist He's also spoilers:
    ]a hunter, a gather, a fisherman, artist, appreciates fine craftsmanship, has respect for his dead master Goutetsu, and respect for nature ( only takes what he needs)
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

OCS with no artwork: Amazing Gal ( Meta) , Johnny Wolf ( human) , Fang ( Anthropomorphic Great Dane), Helga Stonewall ( Troll/ Bearfolk), Victoria Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), Jenkins Stonewall , Sophia Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), David Stonewall , The Amazon Queen Corinethia Xykiaff ( Troll / Bearfolk), Rocky Stonewall, Barracus Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), Bell Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk),

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

once again, we are reminded of two things:

1: hades and Persephone have the healthiest relationship of the greek gods.

2: zeus is a creepy, sex obsessed bastard.

Ultimate Member

Fans of Dragon Ball games: We want Ultra-Ego Vegeta in a game.

Bandai Namco: We have Ultra-Ego Vegeta at home!

Ultra-Ego Vegeta at home:

EDIT: Nah, false alarm.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-23-2024 at 05:33 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

once again, we are reminded of two things:

1: hades and Persephone have the healthiest relationship of the greek gods.

2: zeus is a creepy, sex obsessed bastard.
    Hades is also arguably the nicest God of the Greek Pantheon.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hades is synonymous with Devil/Satan due to how the pantheons have been adapted over the years and which adaptations are better known with audiences.

it says something that Persephone, despite being kidnapped by him, came to love him dearly. "blood of zeus" did those two justice. heron is still a damn bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Hades is synonymous with Devil/Satan due to how the pantheons have been adapted over the years and which adaptations are better known with audiences.
    mainly from disney "hercules". they really bastardized that story up: zeus was a great father with only one child, he and hera were a healthy couple, hades was a evil jerk who had a thing for Aphrodite, who herself was in a committed marriage to Hephaestus, and herc definitely didn't kill his kids due to a murder-rage from hera.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I've always said this. Dude gets a bad rap because he's the lord of the dead, but that included not just the greek version of "Hell", but of "Heaven" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it says something that Persephone, despite being kidnapped by him, came to love him dearly. "blood of zeus" did those two justice. heron is still a damn bore.
    In the version of the story I read growing up, Hades only took kidnapped Persephone outright because he was bewitched by Eros, and yet even after getting love-cursed, he didn't just force himself on her, and actually let her regularly leave to return to Earth. I'm sure there's versions of the story where it's cast as a much more heinous scenario, but that's the version I'm aware of.

mainly from disney "hercules". they really bastardized that story up: zeus was a great father with only one child, he and hera were a healthy couple, hades was a evil jerk who had a thing for Aphrodite, who herself was in a committed marriage to Hephaestus, and herc definitely didn't kill his kids due to a murder-rage from hera.
    Oh yeah, lol, when I saw the movie, I was all, "They ruined the canon!!!" :V

Hades has been cast as the evil Satan well before that, though, but the Disney version really leaned into it.

In SF6 despite how he looks on the outside, Akuma has actually mellowed out a bit on the inside. Ryu's martial arts philosophy and in a extent his brother Gouken's philosophy has gotten to him. In SF6 Akuma actually acknowledges there are other paths than his own. besides the Akuma missions in World tour, there's also new Neo Shadaloo missions in world tour.

Akuma's hidden supers that can be access with a special taunt.

spoilers:
    Akuma reveals in World tour that he walks his path as tribute to his late master Goutetsu. Akuma also talks about fishing and there's artwork of him with wooden boat catching a sword fish with a hook & thread and kicking it.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-22-2024 at 11:55 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

OCS with no artwork: Amazing Gal ( Meta) , Johnny Wolf ( human) , Fang ( Anthropomorphic Great Dane), Helga Stonewall ( Troll/ Bearfolk), Victoria Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), Jenkins Stonewall , Sophia Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), David Stonewall , The Amazon Queen Corinethia Xykiaff ( Troll / Bearfolk), Rocky Stonewall, Barracus Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), Bell Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk),

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Oh yeah, lol, when I saw the movie, I was all, "They ruined the canon!!!" :V
    I'm aware of the feeling... :P

Hades has been cast as the evil Satan well before that, though, but the Disney version really leaned into it.
    *somehow avoids commenting on the VA*

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    In SF6 despite how he looks on the outside, Akuma has actually mellowed out a bit on the inside. Ryu's martial arts philosophy and in a extent his brother Gouken's philosophy has gotten to him. In SF6 Akuma actually acknowledges there are other paths than his own. besides the Akuma missions in World tour, there's also new Neo Shadaloo missions in world tour.
    spoilers:
    Akuma reveals in World tour that he walks his path as tribute to his late master Goutetsu. Akuma also talks about fishing and there's artwork of him with wooden boat catching a sword fish with a hook & thread and kicking it.
    end of spoilers
    Good to see the character is getting some growth. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Father, I Don't Want This Marriage is the newest 'I was a villain but now I'm reborn OR I've stolen the body of a fantasy villain and, either way, need to change things for the better' manwha I'm reading, and it's possibly the most exaggerated I've seen with regards to 'everything is a misunderstanding, and a single proper word spoken at the right time would clear up the whole mess'.

Art is okay - decent, but nothing special. But the characters are a riot, lampshading the usual clichéd tropes and then turning them on their heads. Yes, the supposedly violent and tyrannical lead male character IS actually violent and tyrannical rather than being a big softie on the inside. No, the ice-cold and awful father isn't actually ice-cold and awful, he's putty in the hands of the lead character (who has no idea, also the father is possibly the best character in the series).

And the story...well, I'm 36 chapters in and there's very little story at all, it's just a massive set of misunderstandings that keep snowballing. Somehow this continues to be entertaining.

Definitely will continue with this one as I wait for updates from all of the others that I'm reading.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-23-2024 at 05:30 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Huh, been reading City of Darkness and it's sequel, and I forgot how infuriating this one kind of storytelling is:

1. Protagonists took over as head of a group, mainly cause their predecessor saw them worthy of it before they die.

2. The older members found this to be a grievous offense, starts plotting to undermine our heroes.

3. A growing antagonistic force attacks the group and our heroes struggled immensely doing everything while again the older members do nothing.

4. The heroes...Lost. They threw their hands up and leave. The older generation take over, satisfied that they're rightfully leading as it should had been.

5. Lo and behold...The antagonists continued to beat up the group while the older generation are surprised.

6. Finally realizing their folly because of their stubborn pride, they begged the heroes to return despite them moving on with their lives.

...I was actually happy one of the protagonists told them to piss off. Sure, he'll have to come back cause reasons (though storywise it does make sense) but when you were heavily disrespected and left to fight alone an obvious threat that almost killed you and your friends (and killed countless people) only to be told you're an awful leader...Again, no blame on his part that he said nope, you guys can handle this bullshit without me.
    Clichés like this are really overused, aren't they?
    Why are we here?

re-re-re-read "fist of the blue sky". still a top 10 manga for me.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

City of Darkness part 2...Jeeeezzzz, it truly is the question "how many times can I make my heroes suffer?" With the answer being yes.