Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
    Here is a blast from the past: School House Rumble Wiki

I found this while browsing through my bookmarks.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-26-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Just watched the finale to the 1st cour of Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War, and I am so happy with how it's all turned out. The anime has enhanced and even exceeded the manga in certain aspects. But overall it is just a brilliant adaptation so far.

Really looking forward to the next cour.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just watched the finale to the 1st cour of Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War, and I am so happy with how it's all turned out. The anime has enhanced and even exceeded the manga in certain aspects. But overall, it is just a brilliant adaptation so far.

I am looking forward to the next cour.

I second this.

The adaption of "Thousand Year Blood War" is easily one of if not the best adaptions of a story arc I've seen in the past ten years. The anime even got to re-read the Bleach Manga as a whole.

The Terminator Movies are finally trying a new approach.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

My wife wanted to go to the best Ottawa LCBO* today, to buy something for me, so off we went. Big place, two levels with a 'vintages' section that takes up the entire downstairs.

Sometimes - at Christmas - the LCBO's get in a bunch of things they don't normally get. Today?

IMG_8061 2.jpg

*high pitched screaming ensues*

Something I'd never thought to see in Canada. And me with a $50 gift certificate. ^_^

*Liquor Control Dictatorship of Ontario
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-27-2022 at 10:18 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I just want to say that I really appreciate the existence and ground rules of this discussion forum. Every once in a while, I will see people debating a rumble in some other place on line, and the discussion is usually stupid. Voting, spurious logic, accepting outlier feats and low-end performances, ignoring context, etc. Against my better judgment, I commented yesterday on a ridiculous one featuring the Martian Manhunter against a bloodlusted Fantastic Four. Many people were saying that the FF would win because of the Human Torch. I tried to remind them that the Manhunter has superhuman speed and can turn intangible and attack telepathically, and their responses were at a childish level of Nuh-Uh. I recommended that one particular debater just buy some action figures and play with them instead of wasting my time, then I exited that discussion for good.

*Liquor Control Dictatorship of Ontario
    They're not that... I can't even finish that sentence. When I could still drink, that whole setup was exasperating.

I lived in Alberta for a couple of months, I wouldn't re-live there, but night and day difference on the booze buying situation.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I just want to say that I really appreciate the existence and ground rules of this discussion forum. Every once in a while, I will see people debating a rumble in some other place on line, and the discussion is usually stupid. Voting, spurious logic, accepting outlier feats and low-end performances, ignoring context, etc. Against my better judgment, I commented yesterday on a ridiculous one featuring the Martian Manhunter against a bloodlusted Fantastic Four. Many people were saying that the FF would win because of the Human Torch. I tried to remind them that the Manhunter has superhuman speed and can turn intangible and attack telepathically, and their responses were at a childish level of Nuh-Uh. I recommended that one particular debater just buy some action figures and play with them instead of wasting my time, then I exited that discussion for good.
    We don't talk about other boards, but for what it's worth, I agree with you. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    They're not that... I can't even finish that sentence. When I could still drink, that whole setup was exasperating.

I lived in Alberta for a couple of months, I wouldn't re-live there, but night and day difference on the booze buying situation.
    Agreed on that. For all that I despair about Alberta, it's 'we're more like the States!' thing does help with actual choice of booze.

As others I know have put it, 'The United States Booze Stores have shelves with 3 bottles of 30 kinds of whiskey. Ontario booze stores have shelves with 30 bottles of 3 kinds of whiskey.'*

* It's not as bad as this, but you get the idea.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

We got a bottle of every year, kind, type. In triplicate even.

Pretty sure half the bottles are just gasoline.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

The Terminator Movies are finally trying a new approach.
    I can see an early incarnation of Skynet trying to bond with and enslave mankind without nuclear war but more emotional tricks.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Edens Zero: spoilers:
    Shiki and Rebecca are reunited in a homage to the very first chapter.
    end of spoilers That's it. It's nice.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse: Everybody sets off with their main quest and sidequests logged in. Lots of cute little character interactions. Did we know that spoilers:
    douchebag Chion was Gilthunder and Margaret's son? If we did I'd forgotten that.
    end of spoilers

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Four Knights of the Apocalypse: Everybody sets off with their main quest and sidequests logged in. Lots of cute little character interactions. Did we know that spoilers:
    douchebag Chion was Gilthunder and Margaret's son? If we did I'd forgotten that.
    end of spoilers
    I think this is new information. I also did not know and I reread a fair bit of Four Knights recently including Chion's introduction.