Default movie Doctor Octopus vs comicbook Wolverine

movie Doctor Octopus vs comicbook Wolverine

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hm.

I don't recall any bullet-timing from Otto in the movies. So I'm pretty iffy on him managing against a guy with claws that will rip through his arms and a healing factor/Adamantium bones that will manage against anything he can land.

Mileage may vary.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hm.

I don't recall any bullet-timing from Otto in the movies. So I'm pretty iffy on him managing against a guy with claws that will rip through his arms and a healing factor/Adamantium bones that will manage against anything he can land.

Mileage may vary.
    Movie spiderman is still way above comic Wolverine all Octopus really needs is 1 hit for a KO.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Comic Wolverine is kinda up and down some with how tough he can be or how much his healing factor allows him to tank through hits. Sometimes he can just wade through a hailstorms of projectiles, other times a hit from Spider-Man can stun him or knock him out for a short bit. Otto ought to be able to K.O. him with one really hard hit to the skull, but some versions of wolverine could probably tank that, and shred the arms down before they snag him. Best bet is if Otto can manage to grapple his limbs and just do a mid-air pin for a ten-count.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Movie spiderman is still way above comic Wolverine all Octopus really needs is 1 hit for a KO.
    True but Ock has to do it before Wolverine cuts off all four arms while blocking Ock's attacks. Ock could win but I'd rate it one out of ten.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Comic Wolverine is kinda up and down some with how tough he can be or how much his healing factor allows him to tank through hits. Sometimes he can just wade through a hailstorms of projectiles, other times a hit from Spider-Man can stun him or knock him out for a short bit. Otto ought to be able to K.O. him with one really hard hit to the skull, but some versions of wolverine could probably tank that, and shred the arms down before they snag him. Best bet is if Otto can manage to grapple his limbs and just do a mid-air pin for a ten-count.
    I don't remember how durable Doc's arms are regarding Wolverine's claws (which depending on the comic rely on the strength of a strong but not superstrong man pushing them, or can stab deep into a Hulk because adamantium, I prefer the former myself), but Otto can throw cars around with them, and Wolverine is not super fast given the initial Arena distance (Otto should be able to pole vault himself away from him at least once if needed). If he knows who he's going against I think he could pin his arms to the ground with 2 arms, choke him with a third to at least try to knock him out from lack of oxygen, and use the other to see if hammering his skull also works, assuming he doesn't also use it to try to rip into Wolverine's heart and he hasn't lost any metal arm in the meantime. And if all that kept Wolverine out of fighting back for at least ten seconds, that's probably it as I remember the rules.
    Last edited by Wildling; 03-27-2024 at 11:14 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Otto is fast, but comic book Logan is a peak human. He moves in the blink of an eye, can move faster than normal humans can track, etc. And Otto's arms need to come in reach of him to attack him.

Logan's claws do stuff like cut through Sentinel armor. I'm okay with them ripping into Otto's arms.

I would totally give Comic Book Otto the win, here - he fights against a much faster Spider-man than Movie Spider-man (comic Peter also has a better, more detailed Spider-Sense) and has some bullet-time feats to back that up (has deflected gunfire with his arms on occasion). But Movie Otto, for me, hasn't shown the kind of speed with his arms necessary to deal with Logan without losing appendages.

Mileage may vary!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    True but Ock has to do it before Wolverine cuts off all four arms while blocking Ock's attacks. Ock could win but I'd rate it one out of ten.
    He was fast enough to tag Sony spiderman and MCU spiderman he can probably hit Wolverine before he cuts all 4 arms off.