Page 743 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 24364369373373974074174274374474574674775379384312431743 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,145 of 36575

He's back!

Asta now has Flying Nimbus...which has been reincarnated as a sword.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My Hero Academia: In my shipper mind that keychain is basically the current placeholder for an IzuOcha engagement ring. So that makes me happy.

More plot relevant though, spoilers:
    Kurogiri is apparently Aizawa and Mic's long lost classmates Shirakumo.
    end of spoilers

I feel like we could've gotten quite a bit more build up to this revelation.
    I think the Build Up happened in Vigilantes

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

(Watches Kairi being a badass and blasting the **** out of Xehanort in a boss fight, FF characters returning, fully playable cast of characters, new explorable world, among other things in this trailer).

...Nomura, you did good. And **** you for making me wait until late January for this.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-06-2019 at 08:02 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

lol, Kingdom Hearts III: Forever
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I knew this was going to happen and yet I'm still mad. 13 years in development and we still got an unfinished copy at release followed by what's so blatantly cut content in the "final mix" version a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    lol, Kingdom Hearts III: Forever
    Shut it, Cthulhu. Before I convince Japan to put you in a Sonic game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I knew this was going to happen and yet I'm still mad. 13 years in development and we still got an unfinished copy at release followed by what's so blatantly cut content in the "final mix" version a year later.
    To be honest Ithe game never came across as unfinished to me. The only aspect I found it really lacking in was the post game. Considering that it looks like most of the DLC gameplay wise seems to be a bunch of super bosses, it really dosn't seem all that diferent from other Final Mix's. And the game wasn't in development for 13 years, can we please end that myth?

Plus adding debug mode seems pretty fun
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 12-07-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    To be honest Ithe game never came across as unfinished to me. The only aspect I found it really lacking in was the post game. Considering that it looks like most of the DLC gameplay wise seems to be a bunch of super bosses, it really dosn't seem all that diferent from other Final Mix's. And the game wasn't in development for 13 years, can we please end that myth?

Plus adding debug mode seems pretty fun
    Yeah, I'm getting sick of hearing that myth myself. Especially since Nomura flat-out admitted that he couldn't start development on KH3 until Disney/Pixar gave him the license to Toy Story(which, according to him, literally took them 7 years to do so because Disney are hoarding dicks about their popular IPs). Plus, SE forced him to remake the game from scratch twice because they wanted to switch up game engines.

As for whether the base game was "unfinished", well, the story was complete but Ultimania guide interviews reveal that some of this DLC content was meant to be in the original game. For example, playing as all of the Guardians was something that Nomura planned to do in the base game, but deadlines prevented that. Same with what he mentioned about being able to "do anything" in the Final World, which looks to be the case in the trailer.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-07-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting sick of hearing that myth myself. Especially since Nomura flat-out admitted that he couldn't start development on KH3 until Disney/Pixar gave him the license to Toy Story(which, according to him, literally took them 7 years to do so because Disney are hoarding dicks about their popular IPs). Plus, SE forced him to remake the game from scratch twice because they wanted to switch up game engines.
    So this, is sort of contradicted by ... this:

As for whether the base game was "unfinished", well, the story was complete but Ultimania guide interviews reveal that some of this DLC content was meant to be in the original game. For example, playing as all of the Guardians was something that Nomura planned to do in the base game, but deadlines prevented that. Same with what he mentioned about being able to "do anything" in the Final World, which looks to be the case in the trailer.
    "I'm sick of the myth of it being unfinished" should never be followed up with, "deadlines prevented them from actually finishing the game as it was originally intended". Nor does what you've said otherwise disprove the 'myth' of it feeling unfinished when ... you've specifically cited evidence that it was, y'know, unfinished due to deadlines.

Like, if they're releasing content after the game's been out for ... awhile, after specifically saying that some of the content was supposed to be in the game at launch but wasn't (for whatever reason), that's pretty much the definition of "unfinished".
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 12-07-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So this, is sort of contradicted by ... this:

"I'm sick of the myth of it being unfinished" should never be followed up with, "deadlines prevented them from actually finishing the game as it was originally intended". Nor does what you've said otherwise disprove the 'myth' of it feeling unfinished when ... you've specifically cited evidence that it was, y'know, unfinished due to deadlines.

Like, if they're releasing content after the game's been out for ... awhile, after specifically saying that some of the content was supposed to be in the game at launch but wasn't (for whatever reason), that's pretty much the definition of "unfinished".
    Your mollusk brain is slipping, Entree. I wasn't talking about the game being unfinished being the myth. The myth Dalek and I were referring to was the "They were working on this game for 13 years" statement that was made by Hiromi. They didn't start developing the KH3 game until around 2013 because of licensing issues with Pixar (and as mentioned, having to start over twice on two different game engines). At most, they were working on it for 6 years.

And just for misreading my comments, you're starring as Eggman's eighth eldritch lackey for whatever 3D Sonic game Sega comes up with next year.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-07-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game beyond like... an hour on the first one back when it first dropped, but I don't think I can agree with this argument.

Terms are bad, loosely implies malicious intent, presupposes some idealised form the "finished" game. All around not something that I think is useful.

Stuff gets cut from media content all the time. Releasing content that was cut during development doesn't retroactively make the game unfinished.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game beyond like... an hour on the first one back when it first dropped, but I don't think I can agree with this argument.

Terms are bad, loosely implies malicious intent, presupposes some idealised form the "finished" game. All around not something that I think is useful.

Stuff gets cut from media content all the time. Releasing content that was cut during development doesn't retroactively make the game unfinished.
    Ontop of this alot of stuff that was in the Final Mix versions of KH1 and KH2, was actualy stuff they wanted to include in the original versions, but didn't have time for.