E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...granted, they're doing better than my exaggeration, but really, they have faces (unmasked) and people actively sharing proud pictures of themselves on Twitter defacing the capital. You'd think they've be moving a touch quicker.... ^_^ Cripes, in a lot of cases they're getting fired by their employers faster than the FBI is catching up with them. :P
    Maybe they don't WANT the idiots who were dumb enough to live-broadcast as they were assaulting Federal Property, at least not right away. Those people are idiots, and the evidence against them strong enough that the FBI can roll them up whenever. They might want to get the paramilitary guys who were actually competent FIRST, without spooking the herd, and THEN round up the guys that aren't really much of a threat.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Parker's CEO just announced they're going end their service since they've been rejected by every online vendor.
    Waaaah.

I have a vegan whaaamburger for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Though I'll be frank.

The people, or rather person, who compared what's going on with Parler (private businesses deciding who and whom to allow to use their services like Republicans have been shouting about for years now), to the 'Kristallnacht' should be properly called out.
    They like to do that, don't they? Co-opt stuff that happened to other people for themselves, in a desperate attempt to play the victim card.

Or, you know, smear onions on their faces before claiming they were maced.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah.

And more. Apparently off-duty police officers in the group as well. The selfies. No hard perimeter. Rejection of offers of assistance ahead of time, when they knew something was coming. Etc. It goes on and on. Yeah, some of them got hurt and one was killed in one area. But there's plenty of stuff to show that in other areas, things were somewhat... *wiggles hand* Supportive or neutral toward the rioters?

People have said that if it had been BLM, there would have been bodies stacked up on the lawn (I have zero doubt!). When those protests were a concern, they had fully armed and armored cops swarming all over the building (there are famous photos). On top of that, veteran groups (VETERANS) have come forward stating 'yeah, we tried to do a protest [edit: I can't recall when, sometime before 2010?] close to the Capitol Building, and they were all over us.'

This time?

Nope.
    It's even more concerning that the defense department refused to deploy the National Guard when asked by the Mayor. It's even more concerning that then National Guard deployment from other states was ALSO delayed.

The most concerning thing of all?

They're so afraid of Trump Loyalism, that they have to change President Biden's Secret Service Detail.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Maybe they don't WANT the idiots who were dumb enough to live-broadcast as they were assaulting Federal Property, at least not right away. Those people are idiots, and the evidence against them strong enough that the FBI can roll them up whenever. They might want to get the paramilitary guys who were actually competent FIRST, without spooking the herd, and THEN round up the guys that aren't really much of a threat.
    A valid point, Munchie. Very plausible.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It's even more concerning that the defense department refused to deploy the National Guard when asked by the Mayor. It's even more concerning that then National Guard deployment from other states was ALSO delayed.

They're so afraid of Trump Loyalism, that they have to change President Biden's Secret Service Detail.
    Yeah, I heard about that. All of it.

O_o

Bonkers.
    Why are we here?

Waaaah.

I have a vegan whaaamburger for them.
    You might be pleased to know, on the no meat front, that I've taken a liking to the 'Impossible Burger' stuff. I doubt I'll ever full not eat meat, but... baby steps.

They like to do that, don't they? Co-opt stuff that happened to other people for themselves, in a desperate attempt to play the victim card.

Yea... it's definitely a trend with them.

Unfortunately all of this mess is just going to enable that persecution complex further.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The version I heard on that (from the YouTube comments section so take it with as big a grain of salt as you like) is that there's a myth that onions will help you get over teargas. You know, make you cry flush all the tear gas out of your eyes. So it wouldn't be she was faking it for the cameras but she KNEW she could get maced and brought anti-mace protection or something.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Amazing Member

This is what happens when you let someone who is obsessed with people having loyalty to him instead of the country they serve, or the constitution itself, go unchecked for 4 years and place loyalists rapidly in many agencies. The whole thing has been a slow moving train wreck that some of us have been screaming about for years. It's terrifying it can get to this point.

You might be pleased to know, on the no meat front, that I've taken a liking to the 'Impossible Burger' stuff. I doubt I'll ever full not eat meat, but... baby steps.
    Good to hear, man. ^_^

Yea... it's definitely a trend with them.

Unfortunately all of this mess is just going to enable that persecution complex further.
    Pretty much. :(
    Why are we here?

Amazing Member

If you haven't, you may want to try some of the beyond meat products. I've found them to be pretty good.

The version I heard on that (from the YouTube comments section so take it with as big a grain of salt as you like) is that there's a myth that onions will help you get over teargas. You know, make you cry flush all the tear gas out of your eyes. So it wouldn't be she was faking it for the cameras but she KNEW she could get maced and brought anti-mace protection or something.
    Or she's an Ogre. Cuz like onions, they have layers.

Arx Inosaan

Yeah, that would for sure be a myth...I get the idea that someone is trying to peddle, but Occam's Razor for me says 'she was playing for the camera'.

There's some people claiming it was ice. If it's ice, I don't want to know where it came from, because it was yellow (here in Canada we know what yellow ice means, and we wouldn't be putting it on our bodies unless there was some heavy kink happening, is what I'm saying). Others say 'it was a lime or lemon, and people use that for eye irritants'. Okay, maybe.

A little digging shows there's enough potential doubt that I'll stop spreading that story. Could be incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    This is what happens when you let someone who is obsessed with people having loyalty to him instead of the country they serve, or the constitution itself, go unchecked for 4 years and place loyalists rapidly in many agencies. The whole thing has been a slow moving train wreck that some of us have been screaming about for years. It's terrifying it can get to this point.
    Makes me know it could happen up here, as well.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-11-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    Why are we here?

If you haven't, you may want to try some of the beyond meat products. I've found them to be pretty good.
    Keep it going. I can recommend some fantastic cookbooks (with, yes, cheap and easy and very tasty recipes) that don't use the expensive 'processed meat-alternatives'.
    Why are we here?

Baby steps.

Arx Inosaan

Baby steps.
    ...got those cookbooks. ^_^ And some of them are hilarious to read, to boot.
    Why are we here?