Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    they already cocked it up for kamala.

apparently she is now both a inhuman and a mutant. the reason? before she underwent terrigenesis, her x-gene was either wasn't activated or wasn't identified.

for those of you who don't know, the terrigen mist, the source of a inhuman's superpowers, while harmless to humans, is fatal to mutants. there was a whole storyline years ago about it. hell, cyke was killed by the stuff damn near immediately before the house of X storyline.

so not only was she fridged in one of the worst runs of spiderman i've ever read but they brought her back not even ten issues after that, but now she's something that shouldn't exist because the writers don't know jack about the lore of inhumans and mutants.

this is totally fanfiction. sigh.
    I think one of the Beyonder's many retcons had him be an inhuman mutant, and I'm pretty sure that's been ignored since then.

No other thought, that was just the closest similar situation I could think of. But who knows, this might be better handled... maybe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so far, there are only 3 waves of DLC coming to PW4. not sure they would reach egghead island, since the PW games don't really like to do arcs that haven't been animated yet.

PW went up to the timeskip and only luffy, zoro and sanji were in their post timeskip forms.

PW2 was a what if story.

PW3 was up to the mid point of dressrosa

PW4 is up to wano after luffy's first loss to kaido.
    Right, which is why I think Bonney's chances are kinda low.

Wano is still hot and in the collective fandom mind. And the Onigashima raid has introduced so many new potential characters. Yamato, King, Queen, Jack, the Tobi Roppo, the scabbards, and even Apoo has enough for a useable moveset now.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I think one of the Beyonder's many retcons had him be an inhuman mutant, and I'm pretty sure that's been ignored since then.

No other thought, that was just the closest similar situation I could think of. But who knows, this might be better handled... maybe.
    first i've heard of it.

if they just made her a straight up mutant, that...........might have been decent. but a inhuman/mutant hybrid? nope. and its not like charles or anyone is in any position to give even halfway decent answers since krakoa has fallen and 98% of its inhabitants are dead.........or worse.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quicksilver also had a whole plotline post House of M where he stole the terrigen mists and was using it to reactivate mutant powers. The powers it gave were inconsistent but it also wasn't intrinsically fatal to mutants either. If anything it made them too powerful.

I was also today years old when I found out that Pietro was retconned to be a "mutate" made by the High Evolutionary rather than an actual mutant. No idea if that's still canon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Quicksilver also had a whole plotline post House of M where he stole the terrigen mists and was using it to reactivate mutant powers. The powers it gave were inconsistent but it also wasn't intrinsically fatal to mutants either. If anything it made them too powerful.

I was also today years old when I found out that Pietro was retconned to be a "mutate" made by the High Evolutionary rather than an actual mutant. No idea if that's still canon.
    Yeah, they probably did that along with Wanda during the AXIS event I think. Back when the movie rights to the X-men were still with Fox and Disney was being weirdly stingy about stuff.

I don't think it has been re-retconned.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Just be prepared, episode one is supposedly 2 hours long
    This is a feature, not an issue.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-27-2023 at 04:05 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, that was the retcon in the Illuminati series, IIRC.

Beyonder has been so many different things.

Very few of them can be stomached.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quite honestly a great tale of how a pretty meh mech slowly became a true force to be feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Apparently that particular plot point was de-canonised by Jonathan Hickman for his run, he said the following in an interview with CBR:

So, definitely not an Inhuman/Mutant hybrid as of 2015.

Agreed; very little about the Beyonder in general can be stomached. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

Quite honestly a great tale of how a pretty meh mech slowly became a true force to be feared.
    It's an interesting video, to be sure!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yeah, they probably did that along with Wanda during the AXIS event I think. Back when the movie rights to the X-men were still with Fox and Disney was being weirdly stingy about stuff.

I don't think it has been re-retconned.
    I fell into a small rabbit hole off the back of looking into the whole Quicksilver/Terrigen Mists thing.

Basically my brain went;

- Hmmm, so the twins aren't mutants. I wonder if that applies to Wanda given how her powers and backstory have been so varied in her career what with House of M etc.
    *Looks it up*
    - Okay, she also is a mutate but with more magic on top. Hmm, I'll read the comic in question when this was revealed.
    *Reads comic, researches more*
    - Wait, so if Magneto isn't their dad any more and the person they thought was their actual bio-dad is actually their uncle... who is Wanda and Pietro's actual bio dad?
    *Further comic reading, looking at Wiki entries*
    - The 2016 Scarlet Witch series run ends with "Your father killed your mother," and then Wanda goes to join the Avengers again but, as far as I can tell, this cliffhanger has never since been resolved. So the twins have... no dad... at present?

Long form comics are kind of wild insofar as how much stuff can fluid and changeable. I don't know how regular readers handle it.

Man, almost 20 years later, and this scene still strikes a cord in me in how relatable it is.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I fell into a small rabbit hole off the back of looking into the whole Quicksilver/Terrigen Mists thing.

Basically my brain went;

- Hmmm, so the twins aren't mutants. I wonder if that applies to Wanda given how her powers and backstory have been so varied in her career what with House of M etc.
    *Looks it up*
    - Okay, she also is a mutate but with more magic on top. Hmm, I'll read the comic in question when this was revealed.
    *Reads comic, researches more*
    - Wait, so if Magneto isn't their dad any more and the person they thought was their actual bio-dad is actually their uncle... who is Wanda and Pietro's actual bio dad?
    *Further comic reading, looking at Wiki entries*
    - The 2016 Scarlet Witch series run ends with "Your father killed your mother," and then Wanda goes to join the Avengers again but, as far as I can tell, this cliffhanger has never since been resolved. So the twins have... no dad... at present?
    I mean, we all know it’s really Magneto.

But I’d accept Chthon as being their dad, just for shits and giggles. Or Wyndham.

Or even Doom. He always had a gypsy thing.

Or a combination of all four, somehow.

Long form comics are kind of wild insofar as how much stuff can fluid and changeable. I don't know how regular readers handle it.
    Marvel used to be so much better at it (except for Beyonder, whose continuity is weird as ****), but that all changed when editorial policy, driven by the aforementioned Brian Michael Bendis, proudly and openly became “**** what’s gone before your run. Just write the stories you want to.”

A lot of people applauded that approach. I hated it.

(DC have always been a bit… bleh… about continuity. Just reboot the entire universe again and it’ll be fine.)
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member

Looks good, as expected. But... are they fridging Sypha? It's not clear at all, I just got the impression that they're fridging Sypha.

I mean, we all know it’s really Magneto.
    Again, agreed.

But I’d accept Chthon as being their dad, just for shits and giggles. Or Wyndham.

Or even Doom. He always had a gypsy thing.

Or a combination of all four, somehow.
    More agreement.

Marvel used to be so much better at it
    Agreement.

(except for Beyonder, who is weird and dumb as ****)
    Agreed, but it required a little Fixed It For You™.

, but that all changed when editorial policy, driven by the aforementioned Brian Michael Bendis, proudly and openly became “Fuck what’s gone before your run. Just write the stories you want to.”

A lot of people applauded that approach. I hated it.
    ...yet again, agreed...

(DC have always been a bit… bleh… about continuity. Just reboot the entire universe again and it’ll be fine.)
    Aaaaaand for a finale, agreed.

Agreeing with you a lot, lately (not that I didn't before, but).
    Why are we here?