Page 2436 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 143619362336238624262432243324342435243624372438243924402446 ... LastLast
Results 36,526 to 36,540 of 36897

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

My boy is back and ready to suffer once again!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

also, prof. X is now telekinetic.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

This game is shaping up rather well. I wish it was for consoles, though.

Also, the second cour for Season 3 of Blue Exorcist is coming out in October.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Bill Goldberg:

“A girl beat my undefeated streak,” Goldberg said. “I can’t even remember. Asuka is her name, and she is some Japanese girl. They touted her as being the one to have the longest winning streak, and it just so happened that it culminated when I got there. And then it just so happened that every single wrestler uses the spear in their moves, right? Pretty ironic that that happened when I got there, right? That’s how they do it.”
    Firstly:

Second, boy someone's upset at the reptuation being an unsafe worker left him.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Bill Goldberg:

Firstly:

So, I'm not up on wrestling, but I admit to curiosity. What's this guy complaining about?

Other than losing his undefeated streak to a 'girl'. Yeesh. Choice of words says a lot.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    also, it looks like the entire krakoa era is gonna be wiped from the timeline.
    That’s actually disappointing. Even though I wasn’t reading it, it sounded like something very, very different from the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    also, prof. X is now telekinetic.
    So he’s basically bald Jean Grey. Got it.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    So, I'm not up on wrestling, but I admit to curiosity. What's this guy complaining about?

Other than losing his undefeated streak to a 'girl'. Yeesh. Choice of words says a lot.
    Goldberg is notoriously a bit of a douche. Arrogant, delusional, misogynistic, very limited technically and, as mentioned, an unsafe worker.

See Hart, Bret for details.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Goldberg is notoriously a bit of a douche. Arrogant, delusional, misogynistic, very limited technically and, as mentioned, an unsafe worker.

See Hart, Bret for details.
    Fits with his use of 'girl', so...makes sense. Thanks.

Still trying to figure out what he's talking about wrt 'spear' and such, and why this is a thing. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Fits with his use of 'girl', so...makes sense. Thanks.

Still trying to figure out what he's talking about wrt 'spear' and such, and why this is a thing. ^_^
    He was technically the first person to use the spear as a finishing move, but then Edge was using it the following year, and by the early 2000s guys like Batista were using it (and in both cases more safely than Goldberg) so why it bothers him that others are using it now is a mystery.

I mean he had like 3 moves. I’m not having him selling himself as some sort of maven of wrestling innovation.

When KENTA complains about CM Punk using the GTS, I have a little more sympathy, in that KENTA has actual skills.

But even then, it’s only A LITTLE more sympathy, because the business evolves, new people create new moves that then get adopted by others. It’d be like gymnasts or figure skaters that develop new moves complaining when others start using them. It’s ridiculous.

Goldberg has always had a chip on his shoulder, and it’s not getting any smaller with age.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Ah, now I begin to understand.

Thanks. ^_^
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    He was technically the first person to use the spear as a finishing move, but then Edge was using it the following year, and by the early 2000s guys like Batista were using it (and in both cases more safely than Goldberg) so why it bothers him that others are using it now is a mystery.
    I'm trying to remember, I think it was Goldberg after he came to the WWE and someone else who used the spear, but they were in the middle of this big multiman battle, and they both decide to use the spear at the same time. On Each Other.

Silliest dang thing you ever saw in a 'serious' pro-wrestling match. they kind of just crashed head-to head into each other like something out of a cartoon.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I'm trying to remember, I think it was Goldberg after he came to the WWE and someone else who used the spear, but they were in the middle of this big multiman battle, and they both decide to use the spear at the same time. On Each Other.

Silliest dang thing you ever saw in a 'serious' pro-wrestling match. they kind of just crashed head-to head into each other like something out of a cartoon.
    Probably Lesnar. That feud was a car crash.
    Chief Curmudgeon

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

goldberg, as the late great scott hall once said, is his own biggest mark.

i remember a story from jericho's book, talking about the feud he had with goldberg in wcw. he was mocking goldberg's entrance and character to build up heat for their match. jericho thought that their match would draw money as he was a heel at the time and goldberg was a white hot baby face. goldberg didn't understand what he was doing and simply told him he didn't do comedy matches, which it wasn't. it was getting so heated that the two were called in eric bischoff's office, along with hogan, to see what the problem was. jericho explained himself and why he thought it was a good idea for them to face off since folks would pay to see goldberg beat the **** out of him. eric and hogan agreed that it would draw money. goldberg thought jericho and the match were beneath him and said, totally serious, "i beat hulk hogan".

that should tell you where his mind is at when it comes to the business. but surely, he had to have grown up and matured, right?

wrong.

several years ago, the late great bray wyatt was world champion under his new character of "the fiend", a horror monster of a wrestler and he was uber popular. he had already been a world champ before this but his run was horribly short, so fans were like "this is it. this is the run that will make him a true main eventer". goldberg comes out of retirement to face the fiend for the belt at one of the saudi shows. now, per his presentation, the fiend was a merciless monster who felt no pain and felt no mercy. he seemed utterly unstoppable. goldberg, a 50+ year old man who can barely wrestle 3 minutes without running out gas, beats the fiend in under 3 minutes in a total squash. bray and his character "the fiend" never really recovered and would never be world champion again.

at first, fans thought that vince had changed the ending but we come to find out it was goldberg who changed the ending, stating that fans saw him as a superhero and superheroes don't lose to the bad guys. so he squashed the hottest star in the company at the time, took his title and utterly wrecked bray wyatt's career. sadly, he would never really get the chance to revive his character as he passed last year at age of 36.

long story short: goldberg is a selfish jackass who doesn't really understand how wrestling works and only works for himself.