Well, I guess you can say Kraven controls the animal populations. That's if he does regulate hunting, has a hunting license and follows all legal procedures. Yeah, surely he's definitely not a poacher and his hunting is perfectly legal
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Here's the full quote from the actor.

“He’s just a hunter, a human with conviction. An animal lover and a protector of the natural world. He’s a very, very cool character,”
    I wonder if the actor understands the word ‘love’. O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Golf Waifus!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I wonder if the actor understands the word ‘love’. O_o
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Is Shadowmoon looking jacked to anyone else?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

I see Texas is (more seriously) considering going it alone…
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    So the new kraven movie centers how he is an “animal lover, and protector of the natural world.”

Little different from my impression of him from isolated scans
    He loves animals. They go good with Ketchup. Or on his walls. Take yer pick.

And of course he wants to protect the natural world. If humans kill all the animals, how's he going to hunt T-rexs in the Savage Land or whatever.

I see Texas is (more seriously) considering going it alone…
    That wouldn't go well for them.

Or anyone really if they get fighty over it, but they'd definitely not do well at all.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

OK I looked it up and Google gave me an article on Newsweek about it...

The Texas GOP's new party platform also called for full repeal of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
    Why am I not surprised they want to repeal the laws that say they aren't allowed to oppress voters that don't vote like them?

Of course, that's being charitable in assuming this is a power play and they just want to oppress the Democratic party and retain their power. It could just be good old fashioned racism, sexism, and whatever other isms are protected by that law.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    OK I looked it up and Google gave me an article on Newsweek about it...

Why am I not surprised they want to repeal the laws that say they aren't allowed to oppress voters that don't vote like them?

Of course, that's being charitable in assuming this is a power play and they just want to oppress the Democratic party and retain their power. It could just be good old fashioned racism, sexism, and whatever other isms are protected by that law.
    Voting Rights Act is specifically protections against racial discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Voting Rights Act is specifically protections against racial discrimination.
    Ah, I thought after the 15th and 19th amendments, by 1965 they finally got around to rolling it all up in a big law of who's allowed to vote and how you're not allowed to oppress them.

But when I looked it up on Wikipedia all it talks about is racial inequality, so I assume sexism wasn't a serious issue they needed to address with that law.

Ah, I thought after the 15th and 19th amendments, by 1965 they finally got around to rolling it all up in a big law of who's allowed to vote and how you're not allowed to oppress them.

But when I looked it up on Wikipedia all it talks about is racial inequality, so I assume sexism wasn't a serious issue they needed to address with that law.
    Women's right to vote was enshrined into the constitution with the 19th amendment in 1920.

Sexism, as a broad cultural issue, was definitely very much still a factor in the 60s but not as it pertained to voting.

The 15th amendment notionally enshrines the right for non white people to vote into law but the Voting Rights Act effectively acts as a safety to stop individual states from passing local laws that allow them suppress the votes of people on the basis of race.

That wouldn't go well for them.

Or anyone really if they get fighty over it, but they'd definitely not do well at all.
    It's impossible to do 'legally' as well. Apparently legal scholars have looked this over many times in the past, and even if a State's population decides to secede, they can't.

So this seems to be yet another attempt to just rile up a specific group of people.
    Why are we here?

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End

The Macht storyline heads toward a climax, in true Frieren fashion (ie, somewhat slowly but it's getting there, and with some interesting twists).
    Why are we here?

It's impossible to do 'legally' as well. Apparently legal scholars have looked this over many times in the past, and even if a State's population decides to secede, they can't.

So this seems to be yet another attempt to just rile up a specific group of people.
    The Far Right, which has mostly co-opted a lot of the Republican Party and its agenda at this point, is less about actionable policy for the most part. It is about fostering aggression and keep their base whipped up to keep them on side.

Carlos Maza did a very good video about this phenomena and pivoting in messaging recently, it's 52 minutes in length but it's highly worth it. Also very funny in certain places.

Further to that, the illustrative point about the downfall of Roe vs Wade shows that if you can get your base committed enough and angry enough about a policy, even one that is broadly accepted by wider society, you can put pressure on the system to legislate against it.

The Texas GOP platform also includes the outlawing of gay marriage and the dissolution of all homosexual marriages that have been performed in the state, horrendous legislation against trans people and a blanket of legal protections for people who commit crimes "in opposition to homosexuality," With this, in addition to the Voting Rights Act, they are being very clear in who their targets are.

By appealing to these wildly hateful and reactionary positions, they can drag the party as a whole further right. It doesn't have to be actionable or really productive, it's about fostering a mood and a hatred that will normalise these positions. People who sympathise with these positions in other states will see this and think "why isn't my representative promising such things, I will put pressure on them to do similar things,"

See also, the concept of "stochastic terrorism," They aren't telling anyone to actively go out and hurt minorities but they are creating conditions where that is more and more likely to happen.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-22-2022 at 06:23 AM.

Going to check out this video today, but yeah. Pretty much nailed it.
    Why are we here?