Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Mera vs Jean Grey

Does anybody wonder who would win a battle of the redheads between Mera, Aquaman’s wife & the X-men’s Jean Grey? IMHO, Mera would be underestimated by Jean thus winning the fight in stunning fashion!
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Unless Mera is fast enough to rip some water out of Jean in a quickdraw, Jean just puts her to sleep with a thought.

Presuming some telepathic immunity to Jean's mind-whammy, I'm not sure what they're highest feats are, but it again probably comes to a quick draw if Mera can fuck with Jean's water, or failing that can lash at her with a water-strike or trap her in a hard-water shackle for a ten-count, or if Jean can tk-punch Mera to KO her, or just pin her down with psychokinesis for the ten-count.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Unless Mera is fast enough to rip some water out of Jean in a quickdraw, Jean just puts her to sleep with a thought.

Presuming some telepathic immunity to Jean's mind-whammy, I'm not sure what they're highest feats are, but it again probably comes to a quick draw if Mera can fuck with Jean's water, or failing that can lash at her with a water-strike or trap her in a hard-water shackle for a ten-count, or if Jean can tk-punch Mera to KO her, or just pin her down with psychokinesis for the ten-count.
    I've been reading a lot of Aquaman stuff lately and the problem is: which Mera? DC has so many reboots and soft reboots, it's hard to keep up with. Mera can dehydrate somebody very fast but I don't know if it compares to how fast Jean just just think: Sleep.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I've been reading a lot of Aquaman stuff lately and the problem is: which Mera? DC has so many reboots and soft reboots, it's hard to keep up with. Mera can dehydrate somebody very fast but I don't know if it compares to how fast Jean just just think: Sleep.
    I don't know where Jean's powers are these days, but most recent versions of Jean can just rip Mera apart with TK. Jean might get a little thirsty but she can stop anything Mera can do and the opposite isn't true.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't know where Jean's powers are these days, but most recent versions of Jean can just rip Mera apart with TK. Jean might get a little thirsty but she can stop anything Mera can do and the opposite isn't true.
    I love Mera but unless I missed something she is not immune to telepathic attacks
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I can never keep track of how powerful Jean is at any given moment, what with how she's constantly flirting with the Phoenix Force. Her high end is certainly more powerful than Mera's best. At lower baseline levels, Mera at least has a superior durability which could help her withstand Jean's TK slightly longer. But Jean has an awful lot of power to bring to bear.

There is one story where someone is holding a gun to a hostage's head and Mera dehydrates him so fast he can't even pull the trigger. But then you get into whether that's standard high-end or an outlier, and whether it's even canon for current Mera. There are also factors like how close does Mera need to be. This was from far closer than 100 feet. Even if we assume they are aboput equal in speed, I suspect Jean can go for an insta-kill Jean might be really really dehydrated but probably still alive.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    There is one story where someone is holding a gun to a hostage's head and Mera dehydrates him so fast he can't even pull the trigger. But then you get into whether that's standard high-end or an outlier, and whether it's even canon for current Mera. There are also factors like how close does Mera need to be. This was from far closer than 100 feet. Even if we assume they are aboput equal in speed, I suspect Jean can go for an insta-kill Jean might be really really dehydrated but probably still alive.
    That's kind of where I'd figure it. Plus I'd bet Jean can directly fight Mera on the moisture (girl can restructure molecules and stuff) while Mera can do literally nothing. Maybe quickdraw-ish, but strongly favoring most versions of Jean. That said, I have positively zero clue where she is these days.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

That's kind of where I'd figure it. Plus I'd bet Jean can directly fight Mera on the moisture (girl can restructure molecules and stuff) while Mera can do literally nothing. Maybe quickdraw-ish, but strongly favoring most versions of Jean. That said, I have positively zero clue where she is these days.
    I am not giving an opinion as to who would win, but wanted to supply some feats for those who are unsure of Jean Grey, or where Jean's Power Level is at currently.

In the past year or two, Jean Grey has been stated to be the most Powerful Telepath on Earth. Also, mention of Jean being Omega Level in both Telepathy and Telekinesis with a high level of Empathic ability.

Also in the past year or two, Jean Grey has defeated Knull, Nightmare twice (even slapping him and his horse), and the Progenitor Celestial.

Jean also shielded the team from the massive telepathic onslaught of the Progenitor Celestial and simultaneously telekinetically held off the pressure, heat and energy which she likened to a star.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am not giving an opinion as to who would win, but wanted to supply some feats for those who are unsure of Jean Grey, or where Jean's Power Level is at currently.

In the past year or two, Jean Grey has been stated to be the most Powerful Telepath on Earth. Also, mention of Jean being Omega Level in both Telepathy and Telekinesis with a high level of Empathic ability.

Also in the past year or two, Jean Grey has defeated Knull, Nightmare twice (even slapping him and his horse), and the Progenitor Celestial.

Jean also shielded the team from the massive telepathic onslaught of the Progenitor Celestial and simultaneously telekinetically held off the pressure, heat and energy which she likened to a star.
    Thank you, however…

Being stated to be the most powerful telepath on Earth? Not a feat, and meaningless in Rumbles terms. It could just be hyperbole.
    Jean’s always been omega-level, but it doesn’t say much about her specific capabilities. Not a feat, and meaningless in Rumbles terms. It could just be hyperbole.
    Shielding from the onslaught of the Progenitor Celestial might be something, but I don’t have a frame of reference for how impressive that is. Jean likening it to the sun is meaningless for Rumbles. It could just be hyperbole.

There’s a lot of baseless, subjective statements there, most of which could just be hyperbole. Actual specific feats are required.

(The statements from the comics are baseless, not your using them. ).
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Thank you, however…

Being stated to be the most powerful telepath on Earth? Not a feat, and meaningless in Rumbles terms. It could just be hyperbole.
    Jean’s always been omega-level, but it doesn’t say much about her specific capabilities. Not a feat, and meaningless in Rumbles terms. It could just be hyperbole.
    Shielding from the onslaught of the Progenitor Celestial might be something, but I don’t have a frame of reference for how impressive that is. Jean likening it to the sun is meaningless for Rumbles. It could just be hyperbole.

There’s a lot of baseless, subjective statements there, most of which could just be hyperbole. Actual specific feats are required.

(The statements from the comics are baseless, not your using them. ).
    Thanks for your explanation, especially the last sentence, as I only meant to help out.

I see what you mean.

I think the Progenitor Celestial is as powerful as any other Celestial out there, so standing up to it and ripping off it's armor is impressive feat of power on Jean's part. But more than that I cannot say.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks for your explanation, especially the last sentence, as I only meant to help out.

I see what you mean.

I think the Progenitor Celestial is as powerful as any other Celestial out there, so standing up to it and ripping off its armor is impressive feat of power on Jean's part. But more than that I cannot say.
    OK, that’s good.

If the Progenitor Celestial is indeed as powerful as other Celestials, Mera is waaaaaaayyyyy out of her league with current Jean power-level-wise. Back in the day, Thor went full out trying to bust through a Celestial armour and literally broke Mjolnir into pieces while making a small hole in the armour.

However…

Unless Jean has sufficient durability to keep trucking if completely dehydrated (which… nope, unless Phoenix-empowered), this remains a quick draw.

What are Jean’s high-end (consistent with her overall presentation) reaction time feats that put her significantly above Mera in that regard?

If their reaction feats are similar, I’m minded to believe that Jean’s stuff is easier to pull off quickly than Mera’s hydromancy. Mera has to get the fluid to leave the body, while Jean just has to telekinetically grab the left and right side of Mera and say ‘Make a wish!’. Or just shut down her brain.

Technically Mera should have the option of using the Magneto / Sue Storm ‘stop-the-oxygen-to-the-brain’ trick, by stopping the blood flow, but I don’t know if she’s ever actually done it.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member

Jean's got feats of catching missiles and bullets, though I dunno if she does that often enough for it to be her standard

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    OK, that’s good.

If the Progenitor Celestial is indeed as powerful as other Celestials, Mera is waaaaaaayyyyy out of her league with current Jean power-level-wise. Back in the day, Thor went full out trying to bust through a Celestial armour and literally broke Mjolnir into pieces while making a small hole in the armour.

However…

Unless Jean has sufficient durability to keep trucking if completely dehydrated (which… nope, unless Phoenix-empowered), this remains a quick draw.

What are Jean’s high-end (consistent with her overall presentation) reaction time feats that put her significantly above Mera in that regard?

If their reaction feats are similar, I’m minded to believe that Jean’s stuff is easier to pull off quickly than Mera’s hydromancy. Mera has to get the fluid to leave the body, while Jean just has to telekinetically grab the left and right side of Mera and say ‘Make a wish!’. Or just shut down her brain.

Technically Mera should have the option of using the Magneto / Sue Storm ‘stop-the-oxygen-to-the-brain’ trick, by stopping the blood flow, but I don’t know if she’s ever actually done it.
    I mentioned this above, but I would say Jean can directly fight Mera on her own attack, so Mera can be trying to pull out water, and Jean just holds it in. Meanwhile, she's great at multitasking so she can ALSO shut down the brain or rip Mera into chunky gibbets of flesh. I don't think it's JUST a quickdraw. Mera needs to win and do 100% of that winning before Jean can engage defensively OR offensively. And oh by the way she's a mind-reader and that's handy for predicting actions. So... Sort of a quickdraw but even if they are pretty equal I'd put the rent money on Jean.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Think Mera would surprise Jean plus Mera is more interesting than Jean especially without their men, not say I wouldn't like this to be in chocolate pudding LOL
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4