Well my monitor up and die on me.

Edit: my monitor still has power but it might as well be dead. It flashes of and on and, shows weird image issues. It's not my video card , because I hook my monitor up to my PS5 and it show the same issues.

Even when not hook up to anything it shows issues.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-13-2022 at 02:44 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Sorry to hear that, man.

In other news, am still loving the fight sequences in Jujutsu Kaisen. Artist REALLY knows how to do them well; I'm highly impressed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Well my monitor up and die on me.

Edit: my monitor still has power but it might as well be dead. It flashes of and on and, shows weird image issues. It's not my video card , because I hook my monitor up to my PS5 and it show the same issues.

Even when not hook up to anything it shows issues.
    If it is just the monitor, that might not be so hard to deal with. It's not that hard to get a replacement, and if money is an issue I know of places that sell used/refurbished monitors cheap. If it had been your CPU, your computer system, then that could get pricey.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If it is just the monitor, that might not be so hard to deal with. It's not that hard to get a replacement, and if money is an issue I know of places that sell used/refurbished monitors cheap. If it had been your CPU, your computer system, then that could get pricey.
    Yeah I'm already looking into new monitors in the 200 to 600 dollar ranged
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Good luck, I hope you find a good one.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Luck Bruce.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

In keeping with movies, legends, and manga, I'm now training some of my solo staff stuff with a 6 lbs metal bar (wrapped in duct tape, metal 'splinters' suck) and some of my solo Jian and Dao stuff with a 4 lbs bar (weighted on one end). Have already seen a difference in how my heavier sword handles.

Just need to make sure I don't get sloppy and -

1. ruin my joints;
    2. destroy my form.

Maybe need to pay someone to make a 3.3 lbs practice sword for me - would be only 50% heavier than my heavy sword, and better balanced.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Not sure what you're looking for, but at Best Buy I was able to get a decent monitor for just below 200. Might want to check there. (Not sure if that was just lucky timing on a deal, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In keeping with movies, legends, and manga, I'm now training some of my solo staff stuff with a 6 lbs metal bar (wrapped in duct tape, metal 'splinters' suck) and some of my solo Jian and Dao stuff with a 4 lbs bar (weighted on one end). Have already seen a difference in how my heavier sword handles.

Just need to make sure I don't get sloppy and -

1. ruin my joints;
    2. destroy my form.

Maybe need to pay someone to make a 3.3 lbs practice sword for me - would be only 50% heavier than my heavy sword, and better balanced.
    Sounds cool!

The Charlie brown comics were more hardcore than I realize :P

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    The Charlie brown comics were more hardcore than I realize :P

He's just trying to get to the cafeteria.

Please Don't Bully Me, Miss Nagatoro: Damn you, Naoto, you're making me cry. You finally figured out what you want.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Sounds cool!
    Just need to make sure I don't wreck myself doing it.
    Why are we here?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Order a samsung IPS monitor from Best Buy for 600+ dollars. 4k, 144hz and 1 milsecond response time.
    My Forum check it out

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just need to make sure I don't wreck myself doing it.
    Yup, be careful with that. I do weighted training for climbing, generally a session or two per week.

One of the first times I did that, I overdid it and tore a ligament in my elbow. I lost 6 months of training (and fun) thanks to that. And as you know, with age it just takes longer and longer to come back.

This is not even counting the intermittent pain I have thanks to residual damage and arthritis in most of my fingers, my back, my neck, both shoulders, both elbows, a couple of toes and a knee. I do this because I love it. At least, that's what I tell myself.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan