nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Same. Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Tekken, Soul Calibur have spoiled me in that regard.
    ditto. there be a lot of lore in those games.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That is different. What's next? Avengers having a BBQ?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I play fighting games especially for the story. Mere violence is not enough! Motive must sustain me!

Come to think about it, isn't that why people were mad salty about SFV? Couldn't be bothered with an actual arcade/story mode?
    People were a bit mad it didn't have that stuff at launch.

And then they got patched in and no one cared too much because no one really cares that much about Street Fighter's story.

Also this was all literally five years ago now.

I play fighting games especially for the story. Mere violence is not enough! Motive must sustain me!

Come to think about it, isn't that why people were mad salty about SFV? Couldn't be bothered with an actual arcade/story mode?
    From what I recall, a lot of the anger came from how obvious it was that Capcom was pushing out an unfinished product in order to have featured it at that year's EVO; catering to the esports crowd while neglecting the casual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That is different. What's next? Avengers having a BBQ?
    its from the 90s cartoon. it's been meme'd to death.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    its from the 90s cartoon. it's been meme'd to death.
    It's been years since I watched that cartoon, though I did have some of the DVD's that I haven't looked at in years as well. It seems like an odd thing to cause a meme-storm.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's been years since I watched that cartoon, though I did have some of the DVD's that I haven't looked at in years as well. It seems like an odd thing to cause a meme-storm.

Really Barry?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Really Barry?
    Is it the fact Barry just suddenly got fast enough that he makes another speedster look like they've basically frozen, or the fact that he just let Eobard Thawne leave? Because at this point, the 'hero' letting a villain just leave when they could (and should) arrest them is a fact of life in the Arrowverse.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Nah, they were mad because SFV sucked as a package at launch.

Bad online, bad online lobby, bad balance, bad lag even out of online, and bad to play in terms of excessive loading screens etc
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Online is still pretty bad tbh lol.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Online is still pretty bad tbh lol.
    Didn't a fan make a fix for the online that made it (or matches at least) suck a whole lot less, only for the next official patch to the game to break it?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Didn't a fan make a fix for the online that made it (or matches at least) suck a whole lot less, only for the next official patch to the game to break it?
    The Altimar patch did dramatically improve netplay for PC users but also basically bricked crossplay as it would cause a PS4 user to have an even worse experience than before if they played a PC user with the patch.

While it sucks that they took it away for the PC users, I completely understand why Capcom removed it.

Now, why they didn't just hire the guy, duplicate the effect of the patch on PS4 and improve the experience for everyone while preserving crossplay, I don't know.

I think at this point, the time and resources required to completely overhaul a five year old game just aren't worth it. Devs have said that having good netcode is easy if you build with it from the start, adding it in after the fact is much, much, harder and time consuming.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.