Page 1564 of 1628 FirstFirst ... 564106414641514155415601561156215631564156515661567156815741614 ... LastLast
Results 23,446 to 23,460 of 24406
  1. #23446
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,307

    Default


  2. #23447
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,708

    Default

    Young Alien Adventurers Find the U.S.S. Voyager in New ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Teaser



    I didn't watch much of Voyager, the first and possibly the second season I think. The only thing I know about it's ending is what I read online, though I'm still unsure of they made it back not.

    If this animated series is going by the premise that they didn't make it back (or maybe they did but the ship didn't?) and that the ship ended up as shown in this trailer, then this is an interesting idea.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-23-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  3. #23448
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Young Alien Adventurers Find the U.S.S. Voyager in New ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Teaser



    I didn't watch much of Voyager, the first and possibly the second season I think. The only thing I know about it's ending is what I read online, though I'm still unsure of they made it back not.

    If this animated series is going by the premise that they didn't make it back (or maybe they did but the ship didn't?) and that the ship ended up as shown in this trailer, then this is an interesting idea.
    they did make it back, thanks to janeway's future self coming back and changing things so that the crew got home faster, thus breaking the temperal prime directive. but then again, it's janeway. she only follows the rules as long as it suits her mood.

  4. #23449
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,015

    Default

    Dandadan had the best chapter this week by quite a margin.

    Did not expect an action comedy series to have a moment that poignant and to have it done quite so well.

    The art is really nice in this series and its ability to fluctuate between surrealist horror and brilliantly realised realistic character work is exceptional.

    I really hope this doesn't get cancelled, it's a really enjoyable series.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  5. #23450
    This Isn't Home Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Dandadan had the best chapter this week by quite a margin.

    Did not expect an action comedy series to have a moment that poignant and to have it done quite so well.

    The art is really nice in this series and its ability to fluctuate between surrealist horror and brilliantly realised realistic character work is exceptional.

    I really hope this doesn't get cancelled, it's a really enjoyable series.
    Speaking of turbo grannies, have you checked out Takashi Yomoyama's VS Evil? Reminds me a bit of Ender Geister.

  6. #23451
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Super Hero, huh? Does this mean that Jiren could be making his movie debut?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  7. #23452
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Speaking of turbo grannies, have you checked out Takashi Yomoyama's VS Evil? Reminds me a bit of Ender Geister.
    I have not but I'll look into it!
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  8. #23453
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Young Alien Adventurers Find the U.S.S. Voyager in New ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’ Teaser



    I didn't watch much of Voyager, the first and possibly the second season I think. The only thing I know about it's ending is what I read online, though I'm still unsure of they made it back not.

    If this animated series is going by the premise that they didn't make it back (or maybe they did but the ship didn't?) and that the ship ended up as shown in this trailer, then this is an interesting idea.
    Didn't see too much of the show myself, but they did make it back, as mentioned. However, there were at least a few episodes where, due to time shenanigans, various versions of Voyager ended up on radically different trajectories. There was at least one episode where they unlocked some ludicrously overclocked Super Warp Engine that let them jet across the galaxy in a matter of days, but due to some glitch, Voyager ended up phase-crashing into a moon half-way through the trip, and a couple survivors in a second ship managed to split the timeline by sending a warning to their past selves. The ending, as mentioned, saw Voyager arrive on Earth decades after the events of the show, only for her older self to use a Time Warp drive to go back and assist their past selves into making the trip much faster. One time, they phase-locked with another version of themselves from another dimension.

    Lots of wacky stuff, but point being, I could see them claiming this as one of those many alternate timelines, which is kind of neat on it's own, depending on how they play with it.

  9. #23454
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hmm, are they indicating that it's going to be all/mainly CGI. Could be good but has a chance to look just not right as a whole.

    I'll have to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Super Hero, huh? Does this mean that Jiren could be making his movie debut?
    I'm personally hoping that it means that Great Saiyaman will get some much needed attention. And I'm worried that if they bring in Jiren he'll just be used to make the big bad look that much tougher.

  10. #23455
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,460

    Default



    ...Guess who got himself an Atlas on Mechwarrior Online?

  11. #23456
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Didn't see too much of the show myself, but they did make it back, as mentioned. However, there were at least a few episodes where, due to time shenanigans, various versions of Voyager ended up on radically different trajectories. There was at least one episode where they unlocked some ludicrously overclocked Super Warp Engine that let them jet across the galaxy in a matter of days, but due to some glitch, Voyager ended up phase-crashing into a moon half-way through the trip, and a couple survivors in a second ship managed to split the timeline by sending a warning to their past selves. The ending, as mentioned, saw Voyager arrive on Earth decades after the events of the show, only for her older self to use a Time Warp drive to go back and assist their past selves into making the trip much faster. One time, they phase-locked with another version of themselves from another dimension.

    Lots of wacky stuff, but point being, I could see them claiming this as one of those many alternate timelines, which is kind of neat on it's own, depending on how they play with it.
    when it comes to voyager, "consequences" is just a word naomi wildman can't spell.

  12. #23457
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    when it comes to voyager, "consequences" is just a word naomi wildman can't spell.
    Pretty much.

    Just now recalling how Janeway somewhat laughed off how she and a few members of the crew with her got assimilated by the Borg...And it was intentional as it was apparently part of a plan.

    ...Prior to this, assimilation is arguably the most horrifying thing about the Borg, one that not only scarred Captain Picard, but got him to straight up encourage others to give any unfortunate sap caught by the Borg a mercy kill because you may as well do them a favor of sparing them the upcoming horrors the Borg will inflict on them. And Janeway treats hers like a typical crisis of the week.

    ...They were not kidding when they say Janeway made the Borg her bitch.

  13. #23458
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,307

    Default

    watched the knew Masters of the Universe cartoon. It wasn't amazing, but it was perfectly decent.

    And the people complaining about He-Man not being in it enough were full of it, Dude's in every episode

  14. #23459
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    watched the knew Masters of the Universe cartoon. It wasn't amazing, but it was perfectly decent.

    And the people complaining about He-Man not being in it enough were full of it, Dude's in every episode
    Now I haven’t seen it, and hadn’t even heard the complaints to which you’re referring, but saying he’s “in every episode” in a series of which the previous iterations were ostensibly ALL ABOUT him, is kinda damning it with faint praise.

    If you had a Scooby Doo cartoon series and Scooby was only briefly in each episode, people would still be well within their rights to complain he wasn’t in it enough.

  15. #23460
    JUST DO IT?!?! Postmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Scooby Doo should get to be the villain of an episode
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •