Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There we go Sharp.

Kingdom:

He's down. Finally.
    *sighs* At last.

Will read it tomorrow.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Kinda loving this aesthetic, like a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

I cannot wait to see Jun's story mode and the explanation of where the hell she's been. I also hope to see if she can beat some sense into her (husband? boyfriend? Lover? FWB?) for becoming a corporate megalomaniac and abusing their kid.
    God she hasn't been a playable character since Tekken 2 back in 1995 on the original Playstation

Thorfinn and Canute change a lot from Season 1 of Vinland Saga. In Season 1 Thorfinn was a warrior who was only driven by revenge and Canute won't stop war and violence. In Season 2 Thorfinn becomes a pacifist who shuns violence, and Canute turns into a warmonger.

spoilers:
    The Guy became the king of England through underhandedness. He manipulates his enemies into poisoning the King of England by threatening to burn down the land. Poisoned his own brother just so he become the King of Denmark and acts all innocent about it. Oh, nothing to mention he destroyed the life of a farm family, because he wanted their land
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Christ, it's as if Michael Myers and Jason Vorhees were anthropomorphic cannibals. Why was this conceptualized and green-lit? And apparently, Bambi is next on their list.
    Taking the familiar and innocent, and twisting it, is a classic means of ceating horror. It's the same reason serial killers running around camp grounds is such a popular setting. Or killer clowns

Of course, it still takes talent to do it right

Seven Deadly Sins - 4KoA: spoilers:
    Welp, that man is dead. Definitely dead. How dead would you say? Cadaverific. And yes, that applies to more than one character in this chapter. I'm also kinda expecting Jade to return as a brainwashed zombie at some point later in the story.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Seven Deadly Sins - 4KoA: spoilers:
    Welp, that man is dead. Definitely dead. How dead would you say? Cadaverific. And yes, that applies to more than one character in this chapter. I'm also kinda expecting Jade to return as a brainwashed zombie at some point later in the story.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They did a good job of tricking me with Chion's cavalier attitude at the start of the chapter. And I'm glad they've clarified that Percival's power isn't a get out of jail card for everyone. And then Chion got to be unexpectedly badass.
    end of spoilers

Hajime no Ippo: Huh, Mashiba's also going to challenge a world champion. Do we know who the WC is for his weight class? *looks it up* We do not. I was kinda hoping it would be Volg since that would be a cool match. But I'd forgotten how many weight classes Mashiba had gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    God she hasn't been a playable character since Tekken 2 back in 1995 on the original Playstation
    I know, right?! Also, why has there been only one anime version of Tekken: The Motion Picture? They should make more, I believe...

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Alright, I'm off to Japan to lose EVO.

Apologies to my RP friends, got a little bogged down and forgot to post.

See you all in a few weeks.
    Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Also, why has there been only one anime version of Tekken: The Motion Picture? They should make more, I believe...

I know they did that CG movie, I imagine at this point, that'd just be cheap for them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Frieren: Journey's End

Ahhh...more insane feats for Frieren, and some hilarious stuff regarding her old companions.

spoilers:
    Frieren has been sent back in time to when she was on the original hero's journey. She's desperate not to change history, so she keeps this from her companions. They end up fighting an extremely powerful demon who has control over Space-time who shows up only because he sensed a distortion (so this is already a change). Frieren becomes mildly frustrated because with her advanced magic, she could finish the fight in an instant, but must hold back.

Her companions, however, knowing her well, sense there's a difference in how she fights - she's much better, much more coordinated, etc.

Cue at one point the demon sending literally millions of tons of a cliff face into the air above the party. Like, huge amounts of rock, a gigantic scoop out of a cliff, that falls towards them. The party, however, basically says 'Ho hum, that looks bad, I guess.' Confused, Frieren asks them why they're so blasé. Her old friends basically say 'You can cut the act now; we know you, and we can see you're hiding some kind of magic that can finish this. Why not trust us for a change?' <-- This is the fun part of the story.

Frieren shrugs and basically blasts millions of tons of stone into fragments with a single, no-name offensive attack. It does require her to somewhat exert herself, but not seriously; she takes a moment to cast the spell is all, it's not like it puts sweat on her brow or anything. <-- this is not the fun part, but it's a great feat.
    end of spoilers

Maaaan, I love this series, it's so much fun.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Have a great time!

I know they did that CG movie, I imagine at this point, that'd just be cheap for them.
    There was a CGI movie an also a CGI series on netflix that adapted Tekken 3

Sharp - I see you’ve just tried to send me a PM. I still haven’t had chance to clear anything or sort anything out (sorry - my life is a chaotic shambles of carnage).
    Chief Curmudgeon