The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Solomon and Ardelyn marry, but Ardelyn stands up in the middle of a rage-filled nightmare and stabs him to death in his sleep. She never forgives herself.

The Inquisition find Zack after he puts a huge glowing neon sign above his head saying ‘Psychic Devil Man Here - Open for Business’.

And though he was no longer with the group, somewhere Jared is still stuck wedged halfway through a window.
    ....this fits better than mine. ^_^ And has that brooding sense of tragedy wrt Ardy and Solomon that fits so well with Anima.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If Corim won...I've for a long time had this image of an older Tasha, in her twenties, longer hair just as crudely chopped and tied back, long coat like Corim, walking off a ship onto the docks of the Land of Roses with an older, more scarred Corim (both after years of travelling the world, likely). And what ugliness would follow.
    Hmm...

Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hmm...

Hmmmm...
    If you're thinking of illustrating it, we could also write the start of that scene to go along with the visual you create.

Fun stuff. Would love to see how you picture Corim now.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...would be interesting to hear your ideas on where Corim eventually arrived with his techniques and so forth, as well. ^_^ Seeing as he, too, was focusing on that kind of thing and you came up with some spiffy ideas for the lower-tier ones.
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Reminds me of DVZ Zmovie Tree of Might and Toriko.

Damnit man get new material.
    Is that like an actual Japanese myth both are borrowing from, or was it just straight up ripping off DBZ plotlines?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Is that like an actual Japanese myth both are borrowing from, or was it just straight up ripping off DBZ plotlines?
    There's a tree in the Journey to the West that grants vastly extended lifespans if you eat it's fruit, which is likely the inspiration for the tree of might.

The Chakra Fruit tree from Naruto is a mix of that, a Yokai tree called the Jubokku, and the tree of knowledge from the bible

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

...would be interesting to hear your ideas on where Corim eventually arrived with his techniques and so forth, as well. ^_^ Seeing as he, too, was focusing on that kind of thing and you came up with some spiffy ideas for the lower-tier ones.
    Tell me, is Garon still alive?

I MUST KNOW.

...Well, with his HP, how could he not be?

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Tell me, is Garon still alive?

I MUST KNOW.

...Well, with his HP, how could he not be?
    By the time I'm thinking of in the future (like, what, seven years later or something?) Garon dying is one of those things that would require reality warping. And it would probably warp right back again, anyway, Garon being so tough he retroactively prevents his own death.

I can't even imagine how tough he would be at that point. And how shiny.
    Why are we here?

If you're thinking of illustrating it, we could also write the start of that scene to go along with the visual you create.

Fun stuff. Would love to see how you picture Corim now.
    Bashed this out in an hour and half haha.

I genuinely had to go back to my old drawings for visual reference, thank god I drew Tasha at least once.

So yeah, Corim losing his sight was always something I toyed with. The unspoken narrative for him here is his satchel full of books is all that remains of his connection to his father and he's unwilling to let go even though he can no longer read them. By the time this happens, his senses are so enhanced that he can get by on smell, touch and chi sensing.

I theorised that maybe Tasha learns to read and reads to him, that would be nice.

IDK if this is the right aesthetic for Tasha. I went for more confident, more colourful and less sad than my old interpretation but still wistful and easily distracted.

EDIT: And I just realised, I missed like three major scars on Corim from when his arm was destroyed and almost removed. Damn it, those happened in game haha.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-22-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Bashed this out in an hour and half haha.

I genuinely had to go back to my old drawings for visual reference, thank god I drew Tasha at least once.

So yeah, Corim losing his sight was always something I toyed with. The unspoken narrative for him here is his satchel full of books is all that remains of his connection to his father and he's unwilling to let go. By the time this happens, his senses are so enhanced that he can get by on smell, touch and chi sensing.

IDK if this is the right aesthetic for Tasha. I went confident, more colourful and less sad than my old interpretation but still wistful and easily distracted.
    Hey, that's pretty bang on for how she might look aside from one point. The hair is how I pictured it, so awesome for that, and she's small (underdeveloped, really) with golden eyes. Skin colour is a little off - Daevar are literally burnt bronze colour, something similar to this. But that's hard to pick up from my portrait of her in-game - couldn't find anything with the proper skin colour and white hair..

download.jpg

Yes, I typed in 'burnt bronze' for google and that's what I got, but honestly, it's darned close in the darker areas. ^_^

The coat and look works for her. She still has her curse, of course, so having one of Corim's old, cast-off jackets would be fine. And I do picture her as more confident and a little more focused. The white space is still there, but thinner, and her focus means the blood fury is always a little closer to the surface, but she has better learned to live with it after many years. 'Wistful and easily distracted' rather covers it. ^_^

The satchel of books is classic Corim. But Corim getting blinded is a VERY interesting twist, and I'd like to hear the story on that. Certainly with his ridiculous senses and where he's going with his Ki, he wouldn't have any problems getting around. His hair has gotten more wild, he looks more...cruel than before, if that makes sense. Not 'cruel sadistic', but 'nature's cruelty' kind of thing. And yeah, a lot more chewed up. The goatee is new for him as well. The changes - and the familiar stuff, like the books - make for an interesting take on what I have always had in my mind of 'in-game' Corim.

Plus, the claws are even more 'out' than I'd pictured them before, now.

VERY cool, Nik. I like what you've done with your Corim. He looks like he has lived, and regrets nothing. Which is, of course, very Corim. ^_^ Still smiling that smile. Still happy to experience the world in his own way.

Thanks, man. This has a lot of nostalgia for me, in it. ^_^

And it's awesome.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-22-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    Why are we here?

Ah, new the skin tone wasn't right. I seem to recall you correcting me with the last one I did in... man 2014.

Tempted to take another crack at her...

I should eat dinner. Then maybe more art.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    There's a tree in the Journey to the West that grants vastly extended lifespans if you eat it's fruit, which is likely the inspiration for the tree of might.

The Chakra Fruit tree from Naruto is a mix of that, a Yokai tree called the Jubokku, and the tree of knowledge from the bible
    Ah, thank you.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!