Page 77 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081871271775771077 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 36576
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Again, fair enough. You're entitled to your opinion on the film.

I liked it a lot and think it is the best Star Wars film by a significant margin.
    my favorites are still empire and sith.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Gives me a vibe like with Guardians of the Galaxy [Which I absolutely loved!!!!] so, yeah, I can't wait.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    and by "taking in the essence of the creature" you mean eating it. Not anything significantly squickier.
    I was being specifically non-specific there to leave options on the table such as the two mentioned, as well as things like Megamanning (i.e. gaining an ability by defeating the creature with the ability in question).
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Extraordinary Member

So, they're making a live action Avatar Netflix series

I liked it a lot and think it is the best Star Wars film by a significant margin.
    I also think it's the best Star wars film, However I think it's a close call with Empire

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, they're making a live action Avatar Netflix series
    Avatar as in the animated series or Avatar the James Cameron thing?

BANNED

Avatar as in the animated series or Avatar the James Cameron thing?
    As in the animated series

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    can't be worse than that crap Shyamalan puked out

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    can't be worse than that crap Shyamalan puked out
    i don't think it's possible in the realms of reality and sanity to surpass that movie in total buss ass.

Personally I put it in 6th place, significantly below the original trilogy, Force Awakens and Rogue One, and significantly above the prequels. I thought it had a good degree of technical and plot-based merit, an absence of casual racism and terrible acting, and only low-level cartoonism. However I also found it lacked anything to make me give two shits about any of the characters involved apart from the self-sacrificing captain, including those characters I’ve followed and loved through multiple films before now.

My apathy was whelming (because I don’t think you can be overwhelmed by apathy).

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Personally I put it in 6th place, significantly below the original trilogy, Force Awakens and Rogue One, and significantly above the prequels. I thought it had a good degree of technical and plot-based merit, an absence of casual racism and terrible acting, and only low-level cartoonism. However I also found it lacked anything to make me give two shits about any of the characters involved apart from the self-sacrificing captain, including those characters I’ve followed and loved through multiple films before now.

My apathy was whelming (because I don’t think you can be overwhelmed by apathy).
    that's where i'm at with it, really. with this new trilogy, there really hasn't been anything to hook me on this new cast of characters. they just feel bland to me. hence why i said i don't hate the movie or the characters. i just don't care enough about them to really hate them.

Oh, and just to clarify, I still haven’t seen Solo, hence it doesn’t fit into my ranking.

ditto on solo. like with the rest of the new stuff, i have no real interest in seeing it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    This seems like a poor idea.

Oh, and just to clarify, I still haven’t seen Solo, hence it doesn’t fit into my ranking.
    I don't think anyone saw Solo because who cares?

See I had the reverse thing for me. Force Awakens was like; "Yes, these characters are fine. Kylo Ren is clearly the best thing to happen in the franchise for a long time but that's about the sum total of my feelings," Positive but ultimately a bit disinterested.

TLJ made me interested in where they were going because they moved in ways I didn't expect and took angles that I was surprised and pleased by. Also, Daisy Ridley improved dramatically as an actress between films to the point where she is not overshadowed while sharing the screen with Adam Driver who is just generally phenomenal as a performer. Heck, I've never cared about Luke Skywalker before this film and this made me get invested in his story.

TLJ made me care about Star Wars in a way I have never done. I'm actually exited and looking forward to IX coming out because I want to see where they go. I didn't have this when TLJ came out I went in because... it was a Sunday and a bunch of my friends were going...?

See I had the reverse thing for me. Force Awakens was like; "Yes, these characters are fine. Kylo Ren is clearly the best thing to happen in the franchise for a long time but that's about the sum total of my feelings," Positive but ultimately a bit disinterested.

TLJ made me interested in where they were going because they moved in ways I didn't expect and took angles that I was surprised and pleased by. Also, Daisy Ridley improved dramatically as an actress between films to the point where she is not overshadowed while sharing the screen with Adam Driver who is just generally phenomenal as a performer. Heck, I've never cared about Luke Skywalker before this film and this made me get invested in his story.

TLJ made me care about Star Wars in a way I have never done. I'm actually exited and looking forward to IX coming out because I want to see where they go. I didn't have this when TLJ came out I went in because... it was a Sunday and a bunch of my friends were going...?
    And this is why art is subjective. You can’t be objectively wrong about liking something.

I mean, apart from Jar-Jar. Liking Jar-Jar can be empirically proven to be wrong.