Page 405 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 3053553954014024034044054064074084094154555059051405 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 36871
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I won’t even listen to them. British accents by non-Brits usually make me shudder. Not always, but usually.

I’m sure the same is true of most countries and their own accents.
    If I hear one more person tell me I say "Aboooot", I swear....

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I loved when Jack smashes him.
    I liked it when Shibukawa came after him. "Young man...."

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    at least you are doing it. my friend won't watch/read it because jojo's dog gets killed. literally the only reason she won't watch it.
    I dropped Walking Dead five minutes in when the central character's horse was killed, so I sympathize.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    That could’ve been cool. Her being Trish always left me feeling wtf.

Are you watching Love, Death, and Robots?
    Seen the first two; second short was better than the first, though I liked them both.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If I hear one more person tell me I say "Aboooot", I swear....
    100% And anyway, they’re wrong. It’s “a-boat”. ;p (Joke!)

And one of these guys later told me that they needed to replace their 'ruff' (roof, said with a short u). After hearing that, I could understand that perhaps THIS person heard 'aboot' when I said 'about'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

And one of these guys later told me that they needed to replace their 'ruff' (roof, said with a short u). After hearing that, I could understand that perhaps THIS person heard 'aboot' when I said 'about'.
    *shudder*

There’s parts of this country *coughBirminghamandtheBlackCountrycough* where a lot of people say “tooth” with the flat ‘oo’ from “book” rather than the rounded ‘oo’ from “spook”. It makes my skin crawl.

Accents are a funny thing. We all have 'em, even when we don't think we do. But amusing as they sometimes can be -- and often are, mine included when it descends into the Ottawa Valley accent -- they're not a good reason for mockery (edit: this is a general comment, I'm not saying you're mocking, as you aren't!).

Another thing I recently heard regarding 'language' was 'Don't make fun of people who speak broken English; it means they can communicate in at least two languages.'

Rather liked that line. ^_^
    Why are we here?

...still remember my gram talking about 'warshing' things (washing). And I know that something of that accent crawls into my own voice when I get emotional.
    Why are we here?

It's more than the accent. They just tend to speak slower in Canada. Gives the illusion of "will believe anything you say" that and not being able to pronounce the letter "O"

Quote Originally Posted by HATEISFOREVER View Post
    It's more than the accent. They just tend to speak slower in Canada. Gives the illusion of "will believe anything you say" that and not being able to pronounce the letter "O"
    'They' do? Canada is a pretty big place, and in some places we speak a heck of a lot more quickly than others.

As for not being able to pronounce the letter 'O', I suppose that depends on your point of view. Mine is that 'Accents will tend to vary pronunciation', but I suppose mileage may vary. Which accent does pronounce 'O' correctly, might I inquire?

...I guess I could go with the idea that some people think we speak slowly because we're actually tailoring our speech to the audience, but would be needlessly offensive of me and totally not true.

Funny, though. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-18-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Fuggin' yes mate!

Damn, that looks so cool.

I really need to catch up on the manga.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Damn, that looks so cool.

I really need to catch up on the manga.
    You should it's been pretty cool recently.

Extraordinary Member

I do love a good hype up the gameplay trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Supposedly, Dragonball Super is returning in July
    Even better, the animators of the Broly movie will be working on the new episodes.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

BANNED

Man Rayearth getting most the animation budget in srw, is great to see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Even better, the animators of the Broly movie will be working on the new episodes.
    the Designer at least. Note that the quality of the overall anime will be determined more by the work schedule than the specific artists. However there's supposedly been lengthy pre-production for this, which is a good sign

'They' do? Canada is a pretty big place, and in some places we speak a heck of a lot more quickly than others.

As for not being able to pronounce the letter 'O', I suppose that depends on your point of view. Mine is that 'Accents will tend to vary pronunciation', but I suppose mileage may vary. Which accent does pronounce 'O' correctly, might I inquire?

...I guess I could go with the idea that some people think we speak slowly because we're actually tailoring our speech to the audience, but would be needlessly offensive of me and totally not true.

Funny, though. ^_^
    Its not a knock to speak slower. I am from NY and we speak too fast for most. After the word with an O is said,the custom is to say ,eh afterwards