Page 723 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 22362367371371972072172272372472572672773377382312231723 ... LastLast
Results 10,831 to 10,845 of 36798

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Is there anything not owned by Disney anymore?
    Tokusatsu FTW.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Tokusatsu FTW.
    They did own Power Rangers for a while

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Tokusatsu FTW.
    I've been thinking of really doubling down and trying to get into that stuff. Like, I like what little I know/saw way back when, but....

TEACH ME, GUY SENSEI

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I've been thinking of really doubling down and trying to get into that stuff. Like, I like what little I know/saw way back when, but....

TEACH ME, GUY SENSEI
    Yays!

Well, honestly the first thing to do is just find your niche. I'd advise checking out some Sentai, Kamen Rider or other Toku related works on YouTube and find what interests you the most. Then go look up some more of it. Next, find a community of fellow fans you can talk to about them.
    We've got quite a few here on CBR as it turns out. Cyke is an expert for example.
    TVTropes also has a Sentai and Kamen Rider section in their Live Action TV Sub-Forum filled with people you can talk to about them.

As for shows to start off with, I would recommend Kamen Rider Black for KR and Dekaranger for Sentai.

Kamen Rider Black is a good gateway into Kamen Rider that really helps you get a feel for their style and Dekaranger is a wacky, sci-fi, sentai action police series with a samurai Doggo.

For an anime style Toku, check out Guyver Genesis Begins. It covers the Guyver Manga up until the Gigantic Armor and it is amazingly fun.
    Be warned though it is very violent.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

So who will be the Disney Princess Bulma or Chichi, or maybe it will be Trunks?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

So who will be the Disney Princess Bulma or Chichi, or maybe it will be Trunks?
    Videl is the 'princess'. Bulma and ChiChi are the 'queens'.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    One Piece
    spoilers:
    Orochi was a little **** long in the making. Meanwhile Oden is slowly gathering his followers, a group of misfits thay wpuld become the greatest samurai in Wano...I'm really a tatting to dig this samurai crew. And hey that one member of the Whitebeard Pirates is also from Wano.

It was a short chapter but it conveyed a lot. I'm excited to see how Kawamatsu, Dog and, Cat join up
    end of spoilers
    I suspect that it's Inuarashi and Nekomamushi that were washed ashore at the end of the chapter.

Oda is doing a good job of building Oden up as this myth of a man for Wano and I'm liking how this flashback is serving as an origin story for that myth and its tragic outcome. I'm still a bit iffy about the guy as an actual character so far though, but Oda might turn that around still.

Kingdom: Houken losing the use of one arm before fighting Shin? You don't say, what a novel idea. This has never occurred before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I suspect that it's Inuarashi and Nekomamushi that were washed ashore at the end of the chapter.
    Yeah lol that's what I meant. I'm interested in seeing just how they got there and when they joined up with Oden. It's possible they were already sailing with Roger then and got separated, maybe?

Oda is doing a good job of building Oden up as this myth of a man for Wano and I'm liking how this flashback is serving as an origin story for that myth and its tragic outcome. I'm still a bit iffy about the guy as an actual character so far though, but Oda might turn that around still.
    I think with each subsequent chapter, he's showing more humanity as opposed being the larger than life figure everyone depicts him as. Helps since this chapter is more focused on him than others talking about him or him just showing up to do epic deeds.

The Promised Neverland 158 is some good ****, and hits on themes Asha'rah would have explored in time I continued playing her.

This article title threw me for a moment, until I saw what kind of 'Cat' she was fighting:

Punching a Cat in the Throat for Absolute Carnage: Captain Marvel #1

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The Promised Neverland 158 is some good ****, and hits on themes Asha'rah would have explored in time I continued playing her.
    How so? I’m curious.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

My Forum check it out