My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Character Sheet for Falgain:.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Pale Star Character Sheet:.
    Seems like both games have customization options which leverage specializations, with a baseline established with inherent qualities (ie; bloodline, mutations & cybernetics).

Liking the sound of a more limited power cap, although six years in Dragonball Memory and its freeballing customization will do that to you.

While not everyone can do everything, it sounds like the Falgain Fae might be slightly privileged? I understand it's a work in progress, but maybe affinities need to be expressed somehow.

Pale Star's characters seem a bit more limited, but the setting at a glance sounds larger to play around in. Is there an emphasis on acquisition of equipment or something like that?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

sharky put up a great fight but.............sadly, he's a DAS player. and DAS can't really compete with rollers like fractal. especially at the higher levels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the only change for goku is ultra instinct/UI sign. then there is whole "energy and gravity dont have a pull on me" shit that supes recently pulled.
    I mean there are more substantial changes. All of Super has basically happened since the previous DB. goku's become a universe buster since the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The thing about DB is that they always use composite characters when it comes to their DB instead of just sticking the canon/main continuity versions. In the last two Goku v Supes DBs, they gave Supes feats that he only has in Elseworlds (and weren't even feats performed by his own counterparts in those universes) while sticking mostly to canon when it came to Goku. They're weirdly and noticeably biased on that front.
    IIRC, their stance is to base things on the primary canon but analyze other canon's feats if they're consistent with it. I remember a specific example from Goku vs Superman where they analyzed a feat from All Star Superman and then showed a feat from Post-Crisis that backed it up

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean there are more substantial changes. All of Super has basically happened since the previous DB. goku's become a universe buster since the previous one.

IIRC, their stance is to base things on the primary canon but analyze other canon's feats if they're consistent with it. I remember a specific example from Goku vs Superman where they analyzed a feat from All Star Superman and then showed a feat from Post-Crisis that backed it up
    well, considering that they said he was already a universe buster by the time of his second bout with superman, i dont see much difference between then and now in terms of power output. so really ultra instinct and UI sign are what they hinge this rematch on.

and then there is superman's recent upgrades.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well, considering that they said he was already a universe buster by the time of his second bout with superman, i dont see much difference between then and now in terms of power output. so really ultra instinct and UI sign are what they hinge this rematch on.

and then there is superman's recent upgrades.
    IIRC they only had the movies to base Goku's strength on for the rematch. And the movies didn't have the universe threatening aspect of the Goku/Beerus fight. So Goku hadn't been judged as a universe buster by Death Battle at that point.

So for this rematch Goku has universe busting capabilities, UI and probably Hakai from that one time he used it against Zamasu in the manga.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    IIRC they only had the movies to base Goku's strength on for the rematch. And the movies didn't have the universe threatening aspect of the Goku/Beerus fight. So Goku hadn't been judged as a universe buster by Death Battle at that point.

So for this rematch Goku has universe busting capabilities, UI and probably Hakai from that one time he used it against Zamasu in the manga.
    Plus Dragonball Heroes stuff.

And Superman gets stuff from Infinite Frontier AKA "Everything is canon" so that means he probably gets all his silver age BS

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Plus Dragonball Heroes stuff.

And Superman gets stuff from Infinite Frontier AKA "Everything is canon" so that means he probably gets all his silver age BS
    Oof.

Goku with all the Heroes stuff, and game stuff in general, and Superman with silver age stuff. Now that would be real wacky.

Chainsaw Man:

Nayuta: Denji, let's rule the world and indulge in a lifestyle of violence, depravity and anarchy!

Denji: No, that'll ruin my chances of rizzing up my tsundere potential ex-girlfriend!

Nayuta: Oh, never mind then. Let's go feed our pets!

Goddammit, Fujimoto. Stop making me laugh, you bastard.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Chainsaw Man:

Nayuta: Denji, let's rule the world and indulge in a lifestyle of violence, depravity and anarchy!

Denji: No, that'll ruin my chances of rizzing up my tsundere potential ex-girlfriend!

Nayuta: Oh, never mind then. Let's go feed our pets!

Goddammit, Fujimoto. Stop making me laugh, you bastard.
    I also enjoyed this exchange.

Nayuta: I'll kill anything that tries to hurt us.

Fumiko: What if humans attack us. Could you kill them?

Nayuta: Of course I can. Devils are much stronger than humans. You guys suck.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Seems like both games have customization options which leverage specializations, with a baseline established with inherent qualities (ie; bloodline, mutations & cybernetics).

Liking the sound of a more limited power cap, although six years in Dragonball Memory and its freeballing customization will do that to you.

While not everyone can do everything, it sounds like the Falgain Fae might be slightly privileged? I understand it's a work in progress, but maybe affinities need to be expressed somehow.

Pale Star's characters seem a bit more limited, but the setting at a glance sounds larger to play around in. Is there an emphasis on acquisition of equipment or something like that?
    For Falgain, yes. The Fae bloodline allows customization, so yeah, any affinities would be discussed with the GM ahead of time.

As for Pale Star, yes, equipment can be gained/made/created.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

*Overdramatic enterance from Coffin*

I like me some Fantasy RP, tosses my vote in with the Falgains.

Also hello all, I'm still alive I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    *Overdramatic enterance from Coffin*

I like me some Fantasy RP, tosses my vote in with the Falgains.

Also hello all, I'm still alive I swear.
    I bet you overslept, like Rip Van Winkle. Hope you're doing alright.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Got sick the last few days, nasty cold with congestion that feels like I got waterboarded. Slowly learning that maximum strength cold medicine and cough drops are truly your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Got sick the last few days, nasty cold with congestion that feels like I got waterboarded. Slowly learning that maximum strength cold medicine and cough drops are truly your best friend.
    They also work pretty good during allergy season. Hope you feel better soon.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.