Page 1705 of 1755 FirstFirst ... 70512051605165516951701170217031704170517061707170817091715 ... LastLast
Results 25,561 to 25,575 of 26318
  1. #25561
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    I even have the perfect reveal for it too. Like there'd be a museum killing or something so that you could have the killer be some high falutin academic who knows all about Norse junk, and then you get to the end and Columbo is like "one more question. What DID Odin whisper into Baldr's ear?" And then you get to watch the murderer's face as he suddenly puts it all together.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  2. #25562
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    5,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Remember the live-action DtTV movies for the Fairly Odd Parents? Well Nick's at it again with The Loud House, which is getting a live-action DtTV/DtS (Direct to Streaming) movie for Nickelodeon and Paramount+.
    Really? Where are they going to find 11 kids that all look like they're related?

    Well, Okay, 10. Lucy really goes all in on the Goth look.

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I maintain that Columbo is an incarnation of Odin because he literally fits the bill in almost every way except that he never lists a litany of his names. This also means that the wife he's always talking about is Frigg
    He's got both his eyes.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  3. #25563
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Really? Where are they going to find 11 kids that all look like they're related?

    Well, Okay, 10. Lucy really goes all in on the Goth look.
    Take a look and judge for yourself.



    It looks MUCH better than the Fairly Odd Parents movie, in terms of premise that is.

  4. #25564
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post

    He's got both his eyes.
    He has a glass eye. The actor lost an eye as a child.

    They say it was cancer, but I know he threw it into Mimir's well.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-29-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  5. #25565
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    5,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    He has a glass eye. The actor lost an eye as a child.

    They say it was cancer, but I know he threw it into Mimir's well.
    Ah, I never watched Columbo, so I didn't know that bit of lore.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Take a look and judge for yourself.



    It looks MUCH better than the Fairly Odd Parents movie, in terms of premise that is.
    Actual Human Size proportions?



    But yeah that looks pretty solid. Lily is clearly supposed to be more than a year old in this one. But the rest of the casting looks like it's as close as they could do with real world actor/resses.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  6. #25566
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    It's okay, lots of people don't realise they're dealing with Odin when he pretends to be an old man.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  7. #25567
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Really? Where are they going to find 11 kids that all look like they're related?

    Well, Okay, 10. Lucy really goes all in on the Goth look.



    He's got both his eyes.
    Here is an interesting factoid: Peter Falk, who played Columbo, only had 1 eye. The other was glass.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

  8. #25568
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,174

    Default



    I have no idea how they're going to calculate Aizen's feats so this one is kinda up in the air. But they're already stating Madara as light speed based on guidebook statements.

  9. #25569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I have no idea how they're going to calculate Aizen's feats so this one is kinda up in the air. But they're already stating Madara as light speed based on guidebook statements.


    Ah, real talk, its kinda nice and a bit funny to highball the characters. It's like seeing fandom hyperbole being speculated on and rendered in each episode.

  10. #25570
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post


    Ah, real talk, its kinda nice and a bit funny to highball the characters. It's like seeing fandom hyperbole being speculated on and rendered in each episode.
    Well, except for DIO vs. Alucard, where they highballed DIO and- (claps hand over mouth)
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  11. #25571
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,848

    Default

    I guess I don't understand why the Dio v. Alucard one was especially egregious when, well, it's kind of their bread and butter to play "highball, lowball"... and has been since the beginning.

    Just sorta one of those things where you have to turn your brain off and giggle at the pretty pixels innit?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  12. #25572
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I guess I don't understand why the Dio v. Alucard one was especially egregious when, well, it's kind of their bread and butter to play "highball, lowball"... and has been since the beginning.

    Just sorta one of those things where you have to turn your brain off and giggle at the pretty pixels innit?
    Honestly, it's more of a personal thing with me, because I really like Alucard and DIO is a character that didn't really feel like he needed to be a major over-arcing villain.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  13. #25573
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, except for DIO vs. Alucard, where they highballed DIO and- (claps hand over mouth)
    I wish people who insist that they lowballed Alucard would actually provide examples of how they did it.

  14. #25574
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I even have the perfect reveal for it too. Like there'd be a museum killing or something so that you could have the killer be some high falutin academic who knows all about Norse junk, and then you get to the end and Columbo is like "one more question. What DID Odin whisper into Baldr's ear?" And then you get to watch the murderer's face as he suddenly puts it all together.
    This theory is brilliant. It's now my head canon.

  15. #25575
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,174

    Default

    Huh, didn't expect this one.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •