My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    And chapter 316 and 317 can be best summed up as:

spoilers:
    316:

Lady Nagant: Everyone was right about you Izuku.

Izuku: I'm such a nice guy protag I think everyone deserves a redemption arc, even you Overhaul.

All Might: Even All For One?

Izuku:... No, not All for One. Because he's not a person. He's just an embodiment of evil that exists to be my final opponent and so that I can redeem the more sympathetic major villain they've been using the entire time. Like Kaguya Otsutsuki from Naruto, only with more build-up and wasn't shoehorned in.

All for One: I honestly can't believe that lady believed that I wasn't lying to and using her! Doesn't she know that I'm just an embodiment of evil that exists to be Deku's final opponent and so he can redeem Tomura? What an idiot!

317:

Endeavor: Hey, remember Death Arms? He quit being a hero. Feel bad about that.

Mount Lady: Why doesn't All For One just tell everyone about One For All?

Endeavor: Because then we'd hide away Deku, and All For One really wants his final confrontation now because he believes he'll be able to outwillpower a shonen protagonist... Hold on, I need a moment to emphasize my ongoing character development.

Hawks: Deku's made contact with the second assassin! And beat him up offscreen!

Second Assassin: Blegh...

All Might: Izuku! You need to rest and eat!

Izuku: Can't. I'm in my Dark Age "darker and edgier loner" period that everyone will look back on and wonder what the writer/artist was thinking when they thought it up! So I work alone now and my hero name is no longer Deku! It's Deathku the... the... The Bloodspiller!

All Might: Goddammit Izuku! We both know you're trying to protect everyone with this, and we both know it never works! So stop being silly, come eat something, and relax for a minute! At least go visit your friends and get their help!

Izuku: No! I must continue on so I can learn that very obvious lesson All Might! Besides, we both know that I've become so ridiculously powerful that they'd basically be relegated to standing around talking about everything! And we've already got a squad of people doing that in Endeavor's crew!
    end of spoilers
    I mean... I don't like MHA all that much or think that it's very good overall.

But, this is a pretty exceptionally bad faith reading of the story.

Boo sir, I am booing this take.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-22-2021 at 01:47 AM.

*Me reading Ender Geist*

Hmm... I should do a rumble with the lead character so more people can see how neat this series is.

He's ambiguously bullet time, pretty esoteric powerset but primarily works with guns and knives. Has pretty good regen and durability...

Perhaps Cassandra Cain might be a good match up?

I'll consider make the thread.

*Most recent couple of chapters drop*

Oh.

Okay, never mind then. Above Cassandra Cain then.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    *Me reading Ender Geist*

Hmm... I should do a rumble with the lead character so more people can see how neat this series is.

He's ambiguously bullet time, pretty esoteric powerset but primarily works with guns and knives. Has pretty good regen and durability...

Perhaps Cassandra Cain might be a good match up?

I'll consider make the thread.

*Most recent couple of chapters drop*

Oh.

Okay, never mind then. Above Cassandra Cain then.
    Amusing how that can work. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Amusing how that can work. ^_^
    Dude called The Old Dragon just showed up and pretty much bumped up the curve in the series by a couple of notches by association.

He is also modelled on Sammo Hung and is about to fight a character modelled on Clint Eastwood in a kung fu showdown.

This series is a bit gonzo but it's definitely a lot of fun.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Dude called The Old Dragon just showed up and pretty much bumped up the curve in the series by a couple of notches by association.

He is also modelled on Sammo Hung and is about to fight a character modelled on Clint Eastwood in a kung fu showdown.

This series is a bit gonzo but it's definitely a lot of fun.
    ...may have to check it out. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...may have to check it out. ^_^
    It's a fun one.

As a warning, fair amount of gore and some incidental boobs.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

SOB update:

after losing twice to the damn fortress, wandering samurai yojimbo prepares to face it again but before he gets there, a dimensional portal opens up and out falls a displaced indian tracker. named far runner, he goes with yojimbo into the fortress to help stop the spread of darkness and to hopeful, find a way back to his tribe.

at least, the duo confront the bosses of the fortress: 3 onis, a pair of spearmen and some pissed of lamps. after a vicious battle, the duo come out victorios. more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The link doesn't work.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    The link doesn't work.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Reminds me of that "Destroyed Cassandra" action figure they released for Doctor Who.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Whoa geez, you can't just post lewds in Downtown Khazan!