Page 368 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 2683183583643653663673683693703713723784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 36799
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it's not just that crap he said a while back. it's his whole career.

i understand he was important for pro-wrestling and a major reason why the golden era was so popular. but the dude was an egotistical douche bag who did everything to get himself over. so unless you were hogan's friend, no one really benefited from working with him.
    especially after that bull he pulled at WM9
    To be fair that can describe pretty much every wrestler who wasn't Bobby Eaton in that time period.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    To be fair that can describe pretty much every wrestler who wasn't Bobby Eaton in that time period.
    yeah but hogan was the worst. and unlike a lot of guys like that at the time, he never really got better.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I have been meaning to read more about Genghis Khan. Maybe I’ll find more there. This gives me an idea for something me and my buddy are working on.
    when you really dig into it, genghis was pretty cool, as far as conquering warlords go. he instituted new rules and regulations for pillaging so that everyone in the army got equal shares of loot. he also offered fair terms to any city/state who surrendered without a fight, not only allowing them to continue their own customs and way of life, so long as they paid taxes, but they were all considered citizens of the empire and thus had all the rights and protections afforded to other mongols. he streamlined the silkroad, making commerce between the east and west far easier. he valued people with special skills like teachers, artists, black smiths, musicians, etc.

sure, the khan built his empire on the bodies of millions but as a leader, he was surprisingly rational, logical, and forward thinking.

also, good news. the next smash tournament is on for sunday.

i still have everyone's picks but if you haven't selected a character, there is still time and space in the brackets.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Zombie video game, and the female character is running around in the rain in white lingerie?

-_-

Same old crap.

this is subutai, general and military adviser to genghis khan, one of his "four dogs of war" and IMO, the greatest general who ever lived.

in his service to the khan, this guy conquered more nations, won more battles, beat down more armies and overran more territory than any other commander ever. this guy was so good at siege tactics, he pretty much ended the era of walled cities. he wiped an entire empire off the map because the sultan decided it would be a good idea to piss off genghis. after this campaigh, the mongol empire was the largest land empire on earth.

oh, and if that wasn't enough, he straight up conquered russia.

and yet no one knows about this guy.
    David Gemmel knows all about this dude. He has a character in his Drenai series who is essentially Ghengis Khan, who also has a second-in-command named Subotai. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

also, good news. the next smash tournament is on for sunday.

i still have everyone's picks but if you haven't selected a character, there is still time and space in the brackets.
    Nice, shame I'm working but hey, never stopped me from attending. XD

Will the Green Stampede get his redemption run? And he finally get that match against Bowser so he can usurp the King?!

...But yeah, I'm picking Yoshi again.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Zombie video game, and the female character is running around in the rain in white lingerie?

-_-

Same old crap.
    Funnily enough this is from the remake of Resident Evil 2 which came out in the late 90s so it is, in fact, exactly the same old crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Funnily enough this is from the remake of Resident Evil 2 which came out in the late 90s so it is, in fact, exactly the same old crap.
    One might have hoped that they would, you know, DO something about that.

Nope.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

yeah but hogan was the worst. and unlike a lot of guys like that at the time, he never really got better.
    I wouldn't call him the worst. While he was scummy in the sense of being cutthroat and egotistical, there are few if any stories out there of him being outright malicious. In a time period that had scumbags like Warrior, Snuka, Dynamite Kid and most the big names of the southern wrestling scene, I can't really call him the worst, cause he isn't by long stretch.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

One might have hoped that they would, you know, DO something about that.

Nope.
    I mean, I'll give the RE series props that they've had a number of female protagonists over the years who have had agency and accomplish things and are not /as/ sexualised as some of their contemporaries.

There's room for improvement, sure. But in a game from that era, it was comparatively progressive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, I'll give the RE series props that they've had a number of female protagonists over the years who have had agency and accomplish things and are not /as/ sexualised as some of their contemporaries.

There's room for improvement, sure. But in a game from that era, it was comparatively progressive.
    It should also be noted that this from a DLC side story, kinda, for the main game.

In the main game you've got Claire Redfield and Ada Wong who are both sensibly dressed.

The lingerie is still dumb fan service, but Katherine isn't the only woman in the game (not even the only playable one).

Ada Wong is...*wiggles hand* Short cocktail dress with enormous stiletto heels... Could be worse, admittedly.

Claire certainly is dressed well, kudos for that.

And yes, RE at least has had actual female protagonists who kicked rear and took names.

I suppose I'm used to playing stuff like Bioware RPG's (Mass Effect: armor is a little form-fitting, but it's cursed ARMOR, not 'strategically placed plates') and The Division.

For all of its engine errors, the Division did just fine in having all of the woman dressing perfectly logically for a bloody winter in NYC (they essentially wore the same clothing as the men, only fitted to their bodies just as the men had the clothing fitted to theirs), and scratch-zero DLC sexualized costumes for them -- I mean, first game evar I've seen where there isn't some option to have someone running around in a short skirt/lingerie/bikini. Cripes, the closest thing to that was the tight jeans both men and women could wear, which...fitted both equally as tightly. Winter jackets were winter jackets, armoured vests were armoured vests, boots were boots, shoes were shoes, no heels in sight, and everyone got the same awesome selection of hats. Not even a single belly-button reveal in sight.

It was winter in the Big Apple, for crying out loud, in the middle of a biological apocalypse.

...of course some players whined about that, asking for Female Clothing DLC's so they could run around fighting and killing in winter in a dress and heels. Yep, yep, just what we want to see in this 'realistic' game, every male player with a woman character having her wear a cheerleader outfit, or a ballroom gown.

-_-

The designers caved on a lot of things in-game that they shouldn't have messed with, but thank goodness that wasn't one of them. Man, it was awesome running through that game with my wife, and both of our characters looking like what they were: special operatives in the middle of winter wearing stuff they've had to scrounge during a supply-short epidemic situation.

Would have looked dumb anyway (moreso than usual); the armor went on TOP of the inner clothing, under the jackets. Again, realistic, but some woman in a ball-gown would have looked like a woman in a ball-gown in a very heavy bullet-proof vest, with gloves, knee guards, backpack, holster with combat webbing, and (in the Dark Zone or contaminated areas) a half-face mask.
    Why are we here?

-_-

Same old crap.
    To be fair, that's from a DLC featuring the Mayor's Daughter. And if you ask me, giving a character who's only ever been a corpse up until this DLC came out her own mode where she goes on a zombie killing rampage is pretty dang cool.

Also, Claire Redfield in the main game is dressed much more sensibly.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    To be fair, that's from a DLC featuring the Mayor's Daughter. And if you ask me, giving a character who's only ever been a corpse up until this DLC came out her own mode where she goes on a zombie killing rampage is pretty dang cool.

Also, Claire Redfield in the main game is dressed much more sensibly.
    Yeah it’s a nod to old school horror movies.

I wonder what kind of training Koga is going to undergo to get stronger?