Page 725 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 22562567571572172272372472572672772872973577582512251725 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 36572

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Finally got an official name as well as another reveal at the very end

Faust's new design is giving me Dr. Baldhead vibes.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Kingdom: Houken losing the use of one arm before fighting Shin? You don't say, what a novel idea. This has never occurred before.
    I've pretty much given up on Kingdom as a series. I see there's a new chapter, I read it because it'll be only a short bunch of drama-numb pages, so I can satisfy my vague curiosity without investing a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Felt a bit creatively blocked this evening but managed to push this out while half paying attention:

Rather like it, Nik - very fluid, as it should be. No kodak moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    You're still a character in Sharp's Bright Lights, Black Hearts RPG aren't you?
    What? No.

CoR never finished his character.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I've pretty much given up on Kingdom as a series. I see there's a new chapter, I read it because it'll be only a short bunch of drama-numb pages, so I can satisfy my vague curiosity without investing a lot of time.
    It wasn't until I did a reread of the series that I turned a corner on this arc. Week to week it was a bit of a slog but in a big chunk, it flowed really well. Last couple of chapters have been very engaging for me.

Also, maybe Houken will be dead soon and the story will improve dramatically.

Also, also, I did love the imagery of Houken's glaive rising out of the melee like the dorsal fin of some great shark on the hunt. While Houken is generally not cool, that image was radical.

Rather like it, Nik - very fluid, as it should be. No kodak moments.
    Thanks, I was going for a practical scrappy feel rather than polished stylish combat.

What Sharp said, really.

Got too busy for a spell, and the a fear of upsetting Overlord Sharp has kept me from coming back.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    What Sharp said, really.

Got too busy for a spell, and the a fear of upsetting Overlord Sharp has kept me from coming back.
    I've never had a problem with people coming back later and saying '**** happened, would it be possible to...?'

Just never getting back to me did leave a sour flavor, but that faded away with time. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I've never had a problem with people coming back later and saying '**** happened, would it be possible to...?'

Just never getting back to me did leave a sour flavor, but that faded away with time. ^_^
    ^^"

Well, presuming there's still the option I might attempt to finish what I started by the Grace of Sharp ... at least once I'm back from Texas.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    ^^"

Well, presuming there's still the option I might attempt to finish what I started by the Grace of Sharp ... at least once I'm back from Texas.
    Feel free to work on the character. Fire questions to me here. Once finished, you can apply.

...which reminds me to go on Rpol tonight or tomorrow and see if there's anything I can do to get things going. Was dealing with loud people above me, lost track of time.

Edit: loud people in apartment above us...problem hopefully fixed.
    Why are we here?

Feel free to work on the character. Fire questions to me here. Once finished, you can apply.

...which reminds me to go on Rpol tonight or tomorrow and see if there's anything I can do to get things going. Was dealing with loud people above me, lost track of time.

I can feel your pain as I seethe with rage.

It's one in the afternoon and there's STILL snoring from downstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I can feel your pain as I seethe with rage.

It's one in the afternoon and there's STILL snoring from downstairs.
    It was...like, every day. Family of five in a two-bedroom apartment/condo upstairs, and two of them are boys under the age of 10. It sounds like a herd of elephants. Has been an issue since they moved in, early September.

Things are improving, now, thanks to authority.
    Why are we here?

I tried condos, but I'm much happier living in my own home. I can be a noisy as I want, and at night it's usually pretty quiet. It's takes quite a bit of patience to live in a condo or an apartment.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I tried condos, but I'm much happier living in my own home. I can be a noisy as I want, and at night it's usually pretty quiet. It's takes quite a bit of patience to live in a condo or an apartment.
    Been in one for twelve years, this is the first real problem. Lots of elderly people in our building; it's pretty quiet. And we have rules about noise, and (as I've now found out) once the board gets on it, it gets enforced. Like, fines.

Everyone is different - I've tried a house, downsized to a townhouse, and we finally settled on an apartment-condo...and are much, much happier than we ever were. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Faust's new design is giving me Dr. Baldhead vibes.
    Yeah. Looks undead almost. Wonder what happened since he became a pretty decent guy after the first game.

4 dead, 6 injured in another mass shooting.

At least it wasn't a school this time.

Also, that other person died, in that school shooting. I assume it was the second person in critical condition.

Arx Inosaan

That was the backyard, house party one?

The numbers continue to mount. 369 mass shootings this year thus far, I think (US). Children under the age of 10 suffering anxiety due to having to go to school - not for the normal reasons, but for this. Serious discussion of turning schools into armed fortresses.

Firearms still easily available.

Clearly some people like their toys more than they love their children.
    Why are we here?

That was the backyard, house party one?

The numbers continue to mount. 369 mass shootings this year thus far, I think (US). Children under the age of 10 suffering anxiety due to having to go to school - not for the normal reasons, but for this. Serious discussion of turning schools into armed fortresses.

Firearms still easily available.

Clearly some people like their toys more than they love their children.
    Yea, apparently just a backyard party in Fresno and the people came up and started shooting over the fence. It's apparently become something of a joke at this point really with neither side of the political aisle willing to even touch on the subject of gun laws for fear of not getting reelected. All because a majority of the country cares more about gun rights than the well-being of the neighbors and other citizens.

... legit thinking of moving, after my affairs are sorted.

Arx Inosaan