My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ^_^

The judge barking at him for continually interrupting her, not following instructions, and attempting to obfuscate the truth was pretty hilarious as well.

He still clearly feels he's in control, that his messaging is the important thing, that the rules don't apply to him, etc. But it's also clear that maaaaaybe the idea that he has screwed himself over is starting to sink in.
    Considering those texts also levy some accusations at the judge, I'm impressed she hasn't been more snappy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Seriously? You damned, delicious octopus. Oversaturation does not begin to describe your marketing exposure. Let other eldritch horrors have a shot at being relevant and actually threatening.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Having a bit of an art block and need to shake the rust off.

Please reply if you want a head (maybe upper body, havent decided) sketch of an OC. I shall endeavour to do my best but, y'know, R U S T.

My DMs are unfortunately full at the moment, so please post your pertinent details here (ie: basic description, design elements, story and personality, etc).

Let's go with a modest 5 slots for now and see how it goes. Critique will be most welcome.

1. Sharkerbob: The Hand
    2. Bruceleegreyhulk: The Red Oni
    3. Nik Hasta: Geetha
    If this is still open I can throw a character at you.

This is Vesta the fire demon mercenary.

Appearance: She's humanoid in appearance. 5.9 in length and quite thin, almost spindly. She has pale green skin, black eyes, pointed ears and bright red shoulder length hair that's combed over to the right. She wears mostly black clothes (tunics, pants, boots) along with a long dark red coat (similar to what Dante from Devil May Cry wears). She usually looks stoic and calculating as she's assesing a situation or annoyed and tired due to the antics of her friends and subordinates.

History: Vesta didn't exactly have a glamorous start in life. She was born to parents whom life had already beaten down into a humdrum existence. They lived on the outskirts of a town in the demon realm and Vesta just helped them get on by runing errands here and there or doing chores around the house, but not much else. Her parents covered the basic needs for her to survive but not much else so they never really formed an attachement to each other. Thus little Vesta didn't feel to show her natural profiency with fire manipulation that she discovered when somebody tried to rob her. It did not end well for that person.

At the age of 12 Vesta came home to discover her parents murdered. Likely from being unable to pay off a debt. But instead of feeling rage she just morosely accepted the circumstances, torched their home and set off to find a job that would pay well. With her ability to generate and fire she pretty quickly determined that mercenary work was a pretty suitable and logical line of business for her. And so she continued her existence by hunting and killing others. It just made sense.

To make a long story short, several years later Vesta met a boisterous, caring and energetic person with grand and illogical goal, and who took a fancy to Vesta and dragged her along. Even though they went their seperate ways (because Vesta could barely handle all the emotions she was feeling) this person rubbed off on Vesta and she started helping out others just to help them out. This eventually led to others following her and forming a mercenary band with her as their leader. Vesta is still figuring out her own emotions and existence, but she feels comfortable in the mindset that she's at least trying to do live up to her friend's example and make things better. The tricky part is figuring out what that means.

Misc.: Basically she's more of an aloof anti-heroish figure who is opening up to other people. She fights from a distance using her fire powers, but rather than large burst of all-consuming infernos (though she can also do that), Vesta tends to prefer focused precision shots.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Considering those texts also levy some accusations at the judge, I'm impressed she hasn't been more snappy.
    Maybe she doesn’t want any chance of someone claiming bias.

In other news, cops who shot and killed Breonna Taylor just got charged. Plus apparently they’re looking into that police department as a whole.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Maybe she doesn’t want any chance of someone claiming bias.

In other news, cops who shot and killed Breonna Taylor just got charged. Plus apparently they’re looking into that police department as a whole.
    Look into all of 'em while they're at it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Look into all of 'em while they're at it.
    Not a bad plan, except I doubt they’ll ‘find anything meaningful’.

We’ve had numerous ‘investigations’ of that sort in Canada, and funny thing, either they find nothing, or they find something, there are apologies, promises to make change, and…nothing comes of it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    in case you miss this Gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Think I'll throw one in here. Hope this isn't too shitty of a description lol

Halcón de Caza. A space pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If this is still open I can throw a character at you.

This is Vesta the fire demon mercenary.

...and that'll take it to 5. Thanks again for the interest, should have some more drawings up soon!

Well as far as the Predator movies go Prey is a pretty good one, doesn't hold a candle to the original but definitely on the tier of the second movie and Predators, well worth a watch if you have Hulu

Extraordinary Member

Fucking Hell Primal was intense this week

Boku no Hero Academia: So, spoilers:
    It looks like Bakugou is actually dead.
    end of spoilers

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

...and that'll take it to 5. Thanks again for the interest, should have some more drawings up soon!
    My offer of a piece of one of your character in trade still stands ^_^

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    lol, you mean Kaiju No. 8

unless this is a series of a very similar name.

But more seriously, good news indeed! The series is really enjoyable and I think it'll translate well to a good quality anime adaptation.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Consistency continues with Frieren: Beyond Journey's End.
    The way the series handles demons is a refreshing take.