Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    The way the series handles demons is a refreshing take.
    Yeah, I really like how the demons are presented.

Also, Chainsawman trailer looks fantastic (if gory, but that's expected).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Boku no Hero Academia: So, spoilers:
    It looks like Bakugou is actually dead.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Meanwhile Shigaraki continues to no sell anything and everything.
    end of spoilers

At this point I'm just looking at my watch until Green Goku shows up. Not sure if he'll be able to do anything either but it's the fight I'm waiting for.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, I really like how the demons are presented.

Also, Chainsawman trailer looks fantastic (if gory, but that's expected).
    Too gory for my tastes. I'm not a big fan of the grotesque.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Please Don't Bully Me, Nagatoro:spoilers:
    Naoto, my boy, I am proud of you. Usually, RomCom shounen protags like you will take four steps forward and half a dozen back at this stage of development, but you are pushing forward in spite of your anxiety and introverted tendencies, even if it required a good metaphorical kick in the ass from your bunny-themed kouhai to encourage to take action. And Nagatoro, I'm glad that you're seriously acknowledging what he's subtly trying to convey to you and trying to meet him halfway by responding with your own feelings instead lowkeying it like usual. I'm looking forward to the judo match when things come to a head.
    end of spoilers

Ao no Exorcist: Well...****. Satan is starting to remove the kid gloves and Rin just got Deadpool'd.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'm enjoying the Live a Live remake on Switch. Translation is... interesting. LaL was never officially localized in the past, but looking at this and SaGa Frontier, it feels like Square is being more severe with its religious censoring, and just some kinda... weird cultural editing in localization these days - closer to what it was like in the SNES days where absolutely any reference would get cut or obfuscated. Oddest was in SaGa Frontier where they have the imperial regalia in the original, but then in the remake they change exactly one name, so you get Ame no Murakumo, Yata no Kagami, and.... spirit orb. Live a Live literally has Amakusa Shirou's Japanese VA loudly saying "AMEN" and takes that out in English (though he still does say repent sinners, which maybe feels a bit more natural to say in English). There was a lot more with SaGa Frontier (can't blame them for getting rid of Metal Black's Swastikas I guess, but then he was a Kamen Rider villain and punching Nazis is what Showa riders do). I definitely prefer a lot of the second fan translation, especially with how they did things like using the Chinese names for all the kung fu techniques, and the way the endings used movie end titles that were dead on accurate to their genres, but the remake is really really good anyway. I highly recommend using English voices for the Wild West and Oersted chapters (you can only change language options from the title menu, not the in-game one). The guy who plays Mad Dog is fantastic, and the Oersted chapter does this kind of semi-iambic pentameter thing where it sounds a bit like Shakespeare but with more modern English. Some of the lines (especially in the intro) fall flat, but a lot of them work very well. The Oersted chapter is so good in this version

It seems like they bumped up XP gain slightly, which makes a few of the grindier bits slightly less of a hassle but they're still in there. The real pain in the ass puzzle encounters from the last chapter are still there too, but those probably annoy me more than anyone else, because I hate puzzle battles.

All the art assets are gorgeous. Animations look great and the scenery really delivers on what the original was trying to depict. The Bakumatsu chapter makes the castle way more interesting without fundamentally changing where things are, which is interesting. In general, the whole game has a very three dimensional feel to it, despite the fact that you're still basically moving around the same 2D maps.

The music is great and oh my god they got Hironobu Kageyama to do the super robot song in Japanese AND English. Also we got Norio Wakamoto as one of the chapter bosses, which is fantastic. Ryo Horikawa plays another villain but hilariously has no dialogue, just grunting.

My biggest disappointment was going to the title screen and switching the voice to English for the Max Morgan fight and finding that the English VA did not do any kind of Hulk Hogan impression (also they took away Morgan's moustache and generally made him look less like Hulk, but presumably they had to).

Overall it has been excellent.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Undead Unluck: Am the only one that gets the impression that this is a set-up for Undead Unluck Part 2?

One Piece:

spoilers:
    So, Buggy somehow has Sir Crocodile and Mihawk working with him, and they've started putting bounties on Marines.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Spy X Family: There's something creepy about Melinda, but living with the Desmonds for several years is bound to do that to a person. Hopefully she sincerely just wants to be Yor friend.

At least it's going better that Anya's struggles.
    Boku no Hero Academia: So, spoilers:
    It looks like Bakugou is actually dead.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm expecting something to save him. But if he really dies here without accomplishing much beyond stalling Shigaraki a bit then that's quite a bold move on Horikoshi's part.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    One Piece:

spoilers:
    So, Buggy somehow has Sir Crocodile and Mihawk working with him, and they've started putting bounties on Marines.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If Buggy isn't just BS-ing to high heavens and this is a real thing with Croc and Mihawk using Buggy of all people as a patsy then I really want to know how this agreement came about. Though I'm a bit disappointed that Crocodile doesn't seem to have any real updates to his design.

I do like that even Luffy dissess Buggy in this chapter. It's just funny.
    end of spoilers

Ao no Exorcist: Well...****. Satan is starting to remove the kid gloves and Rin just got Deadpool'd.
    I am glad that despite Satan's trash talk and devastating attack, Rin is just getting up no problem. All that character development is paying off.

BUCKLE IN, LADS! WE'RE GETTING A NEW FATAL FURY/GAROU GAME!!!

Scary news with that martial artist in Brazil getting killed by a random guy with a gun.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Live a Live remake, they... they translated the caveman's "ai!" (love) as "aieeeeee!"
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Oh so that's why Deku is so late to help everyone back at UA!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Oh so that's why Deku is so late to help everyone back at UA!

Why can't the abridged series just die in the shadows where they belong?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel