BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Scary news with that martial artist in Brazil getting killed by a random guy with a gun.

“God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal"

BANNED

I got around to watching Prey, and it's a solid 5/10. The movie had some incredible moments, and I dug the new design of the Feral Predator (Until it took off the mask). However, the film had long stretches of just being flat-out boring, and Naru had difficulty keeping my attention. It also had awkward references to the original movie that seemed so out of place and lacked tension at times where it shouldn't have. However, the cinematography was drop-dead gorgeous, and it was at least better than "The Predator.". If you have a few hours to kill, you can give this one a watch.

Extraordinary Member

I really liked Prey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I really liked Prey
    I wanted to like Prey, and it had all the pieces to be a standout Predator movie.

It just couldn't deliver the goods in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    “God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal"
    Oh but it wasn't equal. Apparently in Brazil the only people who get guns there are cops, which the shooter was.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    My gal Juri is looking as fierce and wicked as ever. Kimberly looks quite fun too.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Just another reason why Guilty Gear should get its own anime.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    [/video]

Just another reason why Guilty Gear should get its own anime.
    That reminds me of this PS2 bonus video from back in the day.

...of course, 20 years and some change later, the game more or less looks like anime, I'll take what I can get, one foot on the other side of understanding the lore though I remain.

Extraordinary Member

Saw the Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie this weekend. It was a lot of fun and looked great as expected. I don't think it works for people who haven't seen the show, and the series finale is a better overall send-off of this incarnation of these characters. But the movie is still tons and well worth seeing.

The good:
    spoilers:
    - The Krang are really effective and intimidating villains. Completely alien in their utter disdain for every other living species. And they're suitably powerful, with each of them being able to hold their own against all the turtles, Splinter and April at once. And that's BEFORE they put on their battle armors. So yeah, they're fun.
    - I'm glad that the turtles got their mystic powers back in the end. After seeing them lose their powers in the trailer I was concerned that that would remain to appease the fans that didn't care for that change.
    - I really enjoyed how the Leo/Raph rivalry was handled here, basically switching around their usual stances from other incarnations while still keeping them true to what was established in this show.
    - Did I mention how great this movie looks? Everything from the war torn future with old Leo and Mikey to the final battle in the sky is animated beautifully. And the prison dimension with the dead Krang culture floating around in it is really haunting.
    end of spoilers

The bad:
    spoilers:
    - I was disappointed that Cassandra Jones was left out besides a voiceless cameo at the end. I understand why Casey was brought in as the new character and got most of the focus besides the main but I really would've liked to see the two of them interact. At least she's mentioned. Draxum doesn't even get that much.
    - While Leonardo is my favourite of the turtles and I do like the story he gets in the movie, I was hoping that the rest of the cast would also get their own arcs. Instead most of them end up being supporting characters to Leo's story.
    - I was surprised that the substance April found earlier in the movie that proved to be a potent weapon against the Krang didn't end up playing a bigger part in the story.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-09-2022 at 03:16 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I think this is the first time I've actually been disappointed by Kill Six Billion Demons. Not that it's ruining the series for me or anything of the sort. But the current storyline is wandering into an area that violates 'Show, Don't Tell'.

Not sure how they might have accomplished presenting what they wanted in a way that resonated (it's a difficult subject matter to 'show'), but these last few pages have just fallen flat for me. Normally I wouldn't mind, but KSBD is just so damn good at every other point that this really sticks out.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Saw the Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie this weekend. It was a lot of fun and looked great as expected. I don't think it works for people who haven't seen the show, and the series finale is a better overall send-off of this incarnation of these characters. But the movie is still tons and well worth seeing.

The good:
    spoilers:
    - The Krang are really effective and intimidating villains. Completely alien in their utter disdain for every other living species. And they're suitably powerful, with each of them being able to hold their own against all the turtles, Splinter and April at once. And that's BEFORE they put on their battle armors. So yeah, they're fun.
    - I'm glad that the turtles got their mystic powers back in the end. After seeing them lose their powers in the trailer I was concerned that that would remain to appease the fans that didn't care for that change.
    - I really enjoyed how the Leo/Raph rivalry was handled here, basically switching around their usual stances from other incarnations while still keeping them true to what was established in this show.
    - Did I mention how great this movie looks? Everything from the war torn future with old Leo and Mikey to the final battle in the sky is animated beautifully. And the prison dimension with the dead Krang culture floating around in it is really haunting.
    end of spoilers

The bad:
    spoilers:
    - I was disappointed that Cassandra Jones was left out besides a voiceless cameo at the end. I understand why Casey was brought in as the new character and got most of the focus besides the main but I really would've liked to see the two of them interact. At least she's mentioned. Draxum doesn't even get that much.
    - While Leonardo is my favourite of the turtles and I do like the story he gets in the movie, I was hoping that the rest of the cast would also get their own arcs. Instead most of them end up being supporting characters to Leo's story.
    - I was surprised that the substance April found earlier in the movie that proved to be a potent weapon against the Krang didn't end up playing a bigger part in the story.
    end of spoilers
    Broadly agree with this, both the positive and the negative. Especially your first negative point, easily the biggest miss of the film.

It's still fantastic, the animation quality alone is enough reason you watch it, even if you've not watched the show, you'll have a good time.

Edit: And hard agree, while it has some great moments, it doesn't touch the series finale in terms of emotional impact. And given how quickly they had to turn those episodes around, they remain an absolute miracle.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-09-2022 at 05:47 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I think this is the first time I've actually been disappointed by Kill Six Billion Demons. Not that it's ruining the series for me or anything of the sort. But the current storyline is wandering into an area that violates 'Show, Don't Tell'.

Not sure how they might have accomplished presenting what they wanted in a way that resonated (it's a difficult subject matter to 'show'), but these last few pages have just fallen flat for me. Normally I wouldn't mind, but KSBD is just so damn good at every other point that this really sticks out.
    I liked the impact of the true face of the universe myself.

Boiling eyeballs? I'm good with that.